Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More stupidity from Coors Light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More stupidity from Coors Light
    Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 1:08am
I couldn't find a dedicated thread to these Coors Light NFL coaches ads. Maybe we can make this the official hate thread. Watch 'em and weep...

Good God... That's enough for now. Dead

Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 1:21am
It's a guy thing.
FckDominos View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FckDominos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 5:17am
It's a beer drinking football watching guy thing
Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 8:38am
It's a beer drinking football watching guy thing that sucks out loud.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

It's a guy thing.

I think the concept has potential, but so far has been poorly executed.  There are a LOT of commercials I hate.  I don't know that I hate these.  I'm kind of indifferent to them. 

If they wanted to really make them funny, they'd use clips of coaches flipping out, yelling & screaming, etc.  But that probably wouldn't be as PC.
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 7:23pm
This campaign has been going on for a few years now. They were really good and funny when they first came out, but starting last year they are getting kind of stale and old. It would be nice if they could keep the commercials fresh by using soundbytes from only the current and previous season.

The one with the bigfoot cameo from a couple of years ago remains one of my favorites. And there's the classic Jim Mora "Playoffs?! Don't talk about the playoffs! Are you kidding me?! Playoffs?!"
That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2009 at 7:50pm
^^^ You saved me from a lot of typing. Agreed, they were funny but now they are really stale.
"Vince, what do you think about these stupid Coors commercials?!"
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:53am
Originally posted by FckDominos FckDominos wrote:

Hmm, I drink beer and watch football and I am no where near amused by these commercials. Maybe because they are lame, maybe because the entire Coors family of beers tastes like what I imagine rancid horse urine that has been left in a bucket in a real warm stable for a few weeks would taste like. Only not so smooth.
HomesickTexan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HomesickTexan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 1:03pm
They've even stuped so low as to air radio commercials that don't use real soundbytes from coaches, but fake ones. But get this, they have to TELL you whats going on so they call the made up coach "the human soundbyte". They really, really, REALLY need to end this campaign.
Solt0131 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solt0131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 1:11pm
I disagree, I think these are some of the best and funniest commercials on TV.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Originally posted by FckDominos FckDominos wrote:

Hmm, I drink beer and watch football and I am no where near amused by these commercials. Maybe because they are lame, maybe because the entire Coors family of beers tastes like what I imagine rancid horse urine that has been left in a bucket in a real warm stable for a few weeks would taste like. Only not so smooth.

Many, many, many years ago, Coors was only sold west of the Mississippi.  Whenever we could score a case, my buds and I would savor it like a fine wine. 

Funny, now I can't stand the stuff.
Solt0131 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solt0131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 2:25pm
Just like there were only Walmarts in the South.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Solt0131 Solt0131 wrote:

This tells us a lot.

With equal results on intelligent pallets.

Let me guess, you dig NASCAR also?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Many, many, many years ago, Coors was only sold west of the Mississippi.  Whenever we could score a case, my buds and I would savor it like a fine wine. 

Funny, now I can't stand the stuff.
I remember those days - did the same thing. THEN, Coors comes out with 'George Killian's Irish Red Ale' - we actually would ship the stuff in crates marked as 'computer parts'. All it took was for them 'open the doors'; got sick of Coors and Killian's, FAST.
Never touch either.
All the same...'Coors' isn't just Coors, anymore.
Miller-Coors-Molson's are all one. 

Now...having said THAT, seems odd that Coors ads are simply 'simple', Miller ads can be pretty funny, and Molson's ads have actually been pulled for being too risqué; talk about corporate inconsistencies...

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 4:46pm
never tried coors before they were big and have only had coors light, which explains why i have never tried another coors product. but no amount of commercials is going to convince me that it tastes like anything more than very watered down carbonated piss. i honestly dont see how anyone can drink that garbage yet i know people who wont drink anything else
Solt0131 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solt0131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 11:20pm

This tells us a lot.

1)  It's my opinion, it doesn't need to tell you jack, jackass.
2)  Walmart expanded across the US the same way Coors did and I'm sick of Wal-Marts too.
3)  I don't like Nascar.
4)  I noticed you're from Detroit, so that explains your pessimistic attitude since my Pens kicked the ass of your hometown Wings in Game 7 and paraded the Stanley Cup all over your disgusting city.

Good day and good luck with that city.
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 2:17am

4)  I noticed you're from Detroit, so that explains your pessimistic attitude since my Pens kicked the ass of your hometown Wings in Game 7 and paraded the Stanley Cup all over your disgusting city.

Wow. That's the most clever thing you've posted so far.

Think about what that means.
Solt0131 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solt0131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 2:52am

Man, I just love all of the lovable losers from Detroit....what a city!

Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 11:42am

Hint* They aren't laughing with you.

Just saying is all.
Jodeci23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jodeci23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 3:39pm

This tells us a lot.

LOLOL...great reply.  These are the worst and by far the dumbest commercials on TV.
Solt0131 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solt0131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 8:02pm

Just saying is all.

Sure they are, everyone here in Pittsburgh loves to laugh at Detroit because you guys just give us so much to laugh about!!!!  Talk about a city living in the past.....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 8:27pm

Just saying is all.

Sure they are, everyone here in Pittsburgh loves to laugh at Detroit because you guys just give us so much to laugh about!!!!  Talk about a city living in the past.....
HEY SOLT!
Think we can get your opinion BEYOND what you would like to argue about that has NOTHING to do with 'Board Purpose'? 6 posts; one worthy? C'mon! you seem like an intelligent person - let's move on to greater things to complain about...you may learn to love all of us...even my ol' Buddy, RC.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Solt0131 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solt0131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 3:10am
Yeah, true.  It could be worse, he could be a Flyers fan!  I just especially like the Jim Mora Coors Light commercial because everyone who is a football fan has said "PLAYOFFS???" one time or another when another person mentions the word playoffs.
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 8:25pm
I like COOR's Light. But I hate these commercials
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2009 at 5:04am
Originally posted by JimAyzing JimAyzing wrote:

I like COOR's Light. But I hate these commercials
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic