Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vonage "Dave & Bill & WhazHerName" (Video)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vonage "Dave & Bill & WhazHerName" (Video)
    Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 1:44am

note to self: remain 'politically correct', Pa! Don't go calling this a "MOmercial"...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's DAVE!
It's BILL!
It's DAVE & BILL - just a little too close for comfort - but they SURE can hear each other clearly!
and poor lil'whazhername..."Heeey Karen"

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 4:41pm
...if this ad comes on ONE MORE TIME TODAY, we'll be short one T.V. set...
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
fishingmachine View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishingmachine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 4:34am
every time i hear "heeeey karen" i have to resist the urge to throw something heavy at my television
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 5:19am
I like how Karen comes up and yells hello into one guy's ear.  I actually kind of liked this commercial at first, but I'm tired of it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 5:27am

I'd like to know how they did this.  If it's just some special effects, it's pretty seamless. 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 9:20am
My first thought would be they were on their backs, on the floor. "Kareeeeen" was added in.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2009 at 7:29pm
I hate these commercials where the guys have to act like little girls !!!!  Kinda like that gay hottub one, but there are a few others that also irritate me being they have the guys act so femimine.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 12:43am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

My first thought would be they were on their backs, on the floor. "Kareeeeen" was added in.

That makes sense for the close-up of the two guys, but not the scene right beforehand.  I guess that part could've been done by creating two videos and turning one upside down.  The incongruities or "seams" would not be noticeable from a distance.  Then the close-up could've been done as you suggested.

korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2009 at 1:29pm
What I don't understand is why they're pressing ears together to hear each other. Shouldn't they be somehow pressing their ears against each others mouth? Now that would be some special effects! LOL
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2009 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by korydvandyke korydvandyke wrote:

What I don't understand is why they're pressing ears together to hear each other. Shouldn't they be somehow pressing their ears against each others mouth? Now that would be some special effects! LOL

LOLTHAT is simply 'appropriately homophobic', should they 'slip the tongue'...what LESS could anyone ask for?!
Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2009 at 1:15am
I hate this ad as well and my point is the same as korydvandyke.
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by RexxTayeson RexxTayeson wrote:

I hate these commercials where the guys have to act like little girls !!!!  Kinda like that gay hottub one, but there are a few others that also irritate me being they have the guys act so femimine.

Right, because men must be manly and fight all the time and never touch each other. Oh no, wouldn't want someone to think they're gay!
Lurker87 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lurker87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2009 at 6:52pm
I have so much disdain for this commercial. The way he says that "Heeey Kareen" line gets me every time. I don't mind it that much at all up until that point. I always get the feeling of condescension or something in the voice. THAT is what annoys me. I really wish they'd just take it off the air right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic