Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She's BACK! 'Catheter Lady' (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She's BACK! 'Catheter Lady' (video)
    Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 7:14pm

Up here in the Great White North, a VERY BAD commercial has come back to life with a vengeance - it is coming on all channels, multiple times a day. I *know* we previously had a thread about this, but the 'searchy thingy' isn't finding it, so...here we go again.

(ohhhhh....this is one disgusting commercial!)

(my wonderful cheesy burrito lunch has just been ruined! Looks like it has a 'discharge' problem now, dammit!!!)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Sponsored Links

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 10:00pm
CATH!
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2009 at 11:34pm
Oh. Dear. God.

People have to be told to not re-use those things? When's the commercial for kids to not re-eat the chocolate bar they had yesterday coming out?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 12:40am

HOLY CATHETER!

Let's all give a warm, wet welcome to Holly Cath!

NOW we are being bombarded with the ORIGINAL commercial, too...making me start to believe someone in the news business got themself a little infection they can't seem to shake and is gettin' 'em all clogged up.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 7:33pm
At least this one doesn't have that Southern hick of a Doctor who was so stiff in front of the camera and said "Stap usin derty cathaturs."
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2009 at 10:56pm
"I was nervous about calling strangers"
But she has no problem broadcasting it to the entire country. Lucky us.
Bena View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 12:51am
Is that even a word when used as a verb? "I have to CATH?" Would it be "I have to put in a catherter?"
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 4:22am
Originally posted by Bena Bena wrote:

Is that even a word when used as a verb? "I have to CATH?" Would it be "I have to put in a catheter?"
Depends if one speaks with a hair-lip - in which case it seems it'd be MUCH easier to get the point across with the 'short version' (although, why would any non-doctor be interested?)
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 8:02am
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Oh. Dear. God.

People have to be told to not re-use those things? When's the commercial for kids to not re-eat the chocolate bar they had yesterday coming out?

The horror.  The horror.

Now I'm imagining some kid taking a dump.  Hey look, it's the chocolate bar I ate yesterday.  **CHOMP**

LOL
LOL
gabba gabba hey!
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2009 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Cornholio Cornholio wrote:

Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Oh. Dear. God.

The horror.  The horror.

Now I'm imagining some kid taking a dump.  Hey look, it's the chocolate bar I ate yesterday.  **CHOMP**

LOL
LOL

Hey- it worked in Caddyshack.

Now you should patent that idea so Hershey's has to pay you to use it.
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 6:01pm
They changed their phone number but didn't change "Holly's" name?
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 2:48am
So wait, which one is the original--fake blonde "Holly" or brunette "Holly"?  I've only ever seen the blonde "Yernary tract infections" version.

They should have called her "Cathy."
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by sharonite sharonite wrote:

They should have called her "Cathy."

I couldn't agree more.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Jeff98177 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff98177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 1:18pm
Like Suzy Chaffee's commercials where she says "Call me Suzy Chapstick!" Okay, I'm old. LOL
Life is like the game of baseball, except that in life, there's no infield fly rule.
flychinook View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flychinook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 3:57pm
Funny thing about these commercials... I used to see it on one of the cable networks all the time, but only part of it. She would come on, say "I had to re-use catheders", then another commercial would come on. Every time.
That somehow made it more disturbing. All of the eye-bleachingly bad imagery with none of the solutions or product endorsement.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2009 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by sharonite sharonite wrote:

...They should have called her "Cathy."
"Cathy Catheter is kinda catching cantcha tell..."
Confused
hmmm...maybe not...

bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:51pm

This is officially one of the most disgusting TMI commercials I have EVER seen.  First of all, who caths themselves?

Second, when she says that she boils and dries them so that she can reuse them it makes me gag.  I hope she has a special pot to boil her catherters in and she doesn't use the pot she boils her pasta in.

Then, she goes on to say she gets urinary tract infections...the whole thing is just disgusting.

Isn't this something that should be brought up in a doctors office?  I don't want to see this while I am trying to watch "Press Your Luck" on GSN!! 
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:15pm
UGH. They play this ad so much when I'm trying to watch Criminal Minds.
It's nasty. Plus they've got more people. I don't want to KNOW!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:42pm

I can't stand the way she says "urinary".

Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:30pm
Bunnyhead, yes people cath themselves...I knew a guy once who had to, and he was very conscious about how clean everything was and used that pharmaceutical iodine (can't think of it's name..very dark red) to use to disinfect.  Infections can come of this process very easily, and not good for the patient, making them seriously ill.  I know it is a hard commerical to watch, but if you knew someone who had to do it, you sympathize.
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 11:52pm
In Chicago, MeTV and MeToo play ads like these every commercial break!

I beg them to replace these grossly anatomical ads with gems from their "Classic Commercial" collection, but they say, "Sorry, bills have to be paid."
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:06am
God I Can"t stand these YUCK YUCK YUCK TMI TMI TMI!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
TeamEdward1976 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamEdward1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:24am
Like I said before,It's none of our business if she has to reuse those things!Dead
Julie
TexasRanger View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 1:53am
Whens the "don't reuse condoms" ad coming?Wacko
All routing and shouting and giving the yell,
Like so many demons just raised up from hell,
The boys they were drunken on powder and wine,
They came to burn Lawrence just over the line.
athomas917 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athomas917 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 2:09am
Originally posted by TexasRanger TexasRanger wrote:

Whens the "don't reuse condoms" ad coming?Wacko

Right after the disposable toilet paper ones come out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic