Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cottonelle Puppy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cottonelle Puppy
    Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 11:52am
If you like the Cottonelle puppy, please don't bother to post here about how cute he is or that I am a meanie for not liking him, there's a thread over in the "Commercial Talk" section that is full of puppy love for him so please go there.

I used to not mind these commercials, I didn't particularly care for them but I didn't have the loathing for this evil canine that I do now.

"Why Richard?" You may ask, "Why do you hate this adorable little fuzzy puppy so?" Well, I will tell you. This Cerberus has corrupted my son and earned me an audience with his teacher during only the third week of school.

Last Wednesday my wife and I had to go in because our son was using inappropriate language in school. What could a five year old possibly be saying at school that would cause such a fervor? Now, while I routinely swear bad enough that my old D.I. from boot camp might put me in time out, I don't do it at home around the wife and kid. What he said, to his teacher, was that she was "looking sexy". Now, aside from the fact that she is- how would he come to that conclusion? That answer came last night in the form of this commercial. The dog is getting pampered, and he says "Oh yeah, looking sexy!"

Gee, I can't imagine what attracted a five year old to this commercial- oh wait, yes I can!

An adorable fuzzy puppy caught his attention!

Thanks a lot Cottonelle, I just love plopping my 300 lb ass down on one of those kindergarten chairs while my kid's teacher tells me he called her sexy. It's going to make it that much harder for me to put it to her but good.

Jerk.
Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 11:57am
That was a fun story.

I hate that "looking sexy" line, as well.  Dogs are not sexy, period.  Placing a little-kid dog in the 'sexy' role steps over several lines.

Hate it.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 12:05pm

Yeah, real fun. Now when I tell her she looks sexy she'll think for sure I put my kid up to it.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 1:10pm
I've said it many times on this board:

I do not like talking animals or food.
jerkylips View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerkylips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

I've said it many times on this board:

I do not like talking animals or food.

or babies.  I F-ing HATE talking babies..
Thethelia thinkth my thoriathith ith thexthy
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2009 at 10:31pm
I am indifferent to the puppy more or less, given it is getting old but the VOICE!!! For one thing it is Zack Braff from Scrubs and he does this stupid baby voice that just grates my nerves.
Actually all baby voices suck, unless it's from a real baby.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2009 at 2:48am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

I am indifferent to the puppy more or less, given it is getting old but the VOICE!!! For one thing it is Zack Braff from Scrubs and he does this stupid baby voice that just grates my nerves.
Actually all baby voices suck, unless it's from a real baby.

GAAA!Glad the J.D. voice pisses someone else off too! I'm probably the only woman who doesn't have some sort of crush on Zach Braff. Also I hate baby noises too because most of them in commercials are just "canned" baby sounds and not from the actual baby on screen.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 12:02am
...hmmmm...wonder if ya get to try the product for free, here....or, is that stinkin' dog there?
%5bcottonell-bekind.jpg%5d
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 12:14am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...hmmmm...wonder if ya get to try the product for free, here....or, is that stinkin' dog there?
%5bcottonell-bekind.jpg%5d

Cool image!
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
DollMaker66 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DollMaker66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 10:32pm
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who hates this dog!  EVERY time any of these Cottonelle commercials comes on with this stupid dog I make it a POINT to state "I HATE that dog!!!!"  Hubby and the kids always laugh and ask why, and I just reply "I HATE him....he's annoying...I hate him!"

Just like that Snuggle bear...always hated him too, ESPECIALLY when he spoke!  THANK GOD he's not talking anymore, but it still bugs me to see his sickening mug on the screen acting all cute and cuddly. 
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2009 at 10:58pm
You're not alone in disliking the dog or his voice. His voice irked me for some reason and now I know why - it's because of the guy voicing him. Heza, you're not alone on the "Zach Braff does nothing for me" boat. I'm totally attracted to white guys but he just doesn't do it for me. I think his voice has something to do with it.

Back to the dog - can someone tell me WHY he's a spokesperson...er, animal for toilet tissue? I don't know about you but I've never seen Fido whip out a roll of Cottonelle after he does his business on somebody's lawn. And I've certainly never seen the dog's owner pat the dog, say "Good boy!" and wipe his butt with toilet paper.

A butt obsessed dog hawking Cottonelle...sh*tting bears in the woods shilling Charmin...what next, seagulls who poop on peoples' heads telling us about the softness of Scott tissue?

Where will it end?
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 2:49am
White guys?

His voice is less high in Garden state. I love that movie.
But when he talks high, it is a bit annoying.

I should watch garden state but I think the dvd is messed up

Also I hate the bears using toilet paper ad worse. At least the puppy is cute. Bears using toilet paper and squatting behind a tree before hand IS GROSS
Especially when they have tissue on their bear tushes. GRRRRRR
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2009 at 3:18am
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

...Where will it end?
Well, Moochie - and JUST BECAUSE IT IS YOU, Sweetie!...lemme be the FIRST to enlighten you...*I* personally KNOW where it will end!
...And I'm here to share it with YOU.
It is to end beyond this thread.
...after little "plumpy has passed" and become "flowers of those long forgotten" - or at least the sh*t that makes 'em bloom...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic