Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh my God: Snuggie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh my God: Snuggie
    Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 8:33am
Tonight while failing at sleep I saw what may have been one of the best ads ever. Snuggie is back. I couldn't find the exact thing I saw, this was as close as I came:

They revamped the thing with everybody working it. And then the Snuggie for dogs had me almost wondering if it was a joke.

Maybe this is old news but it came out of nowhere to me and jolted me with excitment. I blame this ad for my my inability to find rest.

I can't remember how to post videos and I can't find anything about it..
Sponsored Links

danooct1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danooct1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 4:19pm
When I first saw this commercial, I heard "There's even a Snuggie for your dog!"

And then my jaw hit the floor.
BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2009 at 4:56pm
That family!  Look at 'em!!  What a buncha dorks!  Shocked
aleen View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:40am
Is that a version of "Get Up and Boogie" in the background, saying "Get On Your Snuggie?!?!?!?!?!?!"  Or am I just hallucinating?
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:12pm

Speaking of the haute couture 'Snugletted-Dog', from the "New & Improved"/"Stylish" Snuggie commercial...did anyone notice if the pup, at ANY time, actually moved?

I'm thinkin' NOT.

I'm thinkin' the lil' growler wasn't even wearing a Snuggie - that was WRAPPING!

He looks like the subject of a child's book I remember from days and places gone by...

"Tommy the Terrier's Trip to the Taxidermist"  

(he has that  'new-to-neutered' look, too - bet he barks in falsetto...).
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PandaBear View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PandaBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 1:26pm
The "Snuggie-for-your-dog" thing is pitiful. I think my mom is planning to get one for our puppy, too... She already bought a knockoff Snuggie from the dollar store. Confused

Did anybody see the commercial bragging about the "designer" Snuggies that came in patterns like zebra print? Ugh. It's one thing to wear a dorky Snuggie, and another to wear a dorky Snuggie with a pattern that probably should have stayed in the 80's.
pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by PandaBear PandaBear wrote:

Did anybody see the commercial bragging about the "designer" Snuggies that came in patterns like zebra print? Ugh. It's one thing to wear a dorky Snuggie, and another to wear a dorky Snuggie with a pattern that probably should have stayed in the 80's.

You mean the one with the woman saying, "When are you going to make one that's stylish enough for me?!".... Oh, yes. I have seen this one many, many times.

Funny thing is, they make such a big deal about their "designer" series, but it seems like the only designer patterns they have are the leopard print and the zebra print.
That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.
korydvandyke View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korydvandyke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

Is that a version of "Get Up and Boogie" in the background, saying "Get On Your Snuggie?!?!?!?!?!?!"  Or am I just hallucinating?

THAT'S RIGHT!
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 7:47pm
I cannot abide the dorky snuggie dances they keep doing.

Originally posted by korydvandyke korydvandyke wrote:

Originally posted by aleen aleen wrote:

THAT'S RIGHT!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Crazylegs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazylegs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 8:51pm
Ah I will never forget the summer I spent camping with my family when we all raised the roof in our snuggies by the fire.
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 9:42pm
Have you noticed...isn't that they ENZYTE guy in the SNUGGIE commercial?
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 3:06am

'tis getting to be 'Snuggie Weather' up here...hard freeze, tonight!

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
saaaammmmm View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saaaammmmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 6:55am
Snuggies just never appealed to me after seeing one of those true crime TV shows. It was an episode about a teenager who wore her jacket backwards while murdering her family.

They do look comfortable though. It'd be nice if they came out with an easy to clean vinyl snuggies. It'd be great for staying warm while butchering small woodland creatures for dinner.
Perun1nj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perun1nj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 9:35am
two words, "Animal Abuse"

if i put a Snuggie on my Mini Pinshcer, it would be torn to bits in 10 minutes.

The people in these ads look like total bozos, raise the roof? what is this 1999? If i went to a friend's house and saw everyone wearing this oversized sweater, i'd presume my friend was a cultist.
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Perun1nj Perun1nj wrote:

if i put a Snuggie on my Mini Pinshcer, it would be torn to bits in 10 minutes.

Sounds like a smart dog. LOL
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2009 at 12:12am
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 6:53am
Here's the latest commercial:

And I think they are advertising them again in such force because now you can buy them in retail stores. I saw University Of Michigan Snuggies at the store and am just praying there will be a family of idiots wearing them at this year's showdown with Ohio State and they make it on TV. I will save that Tivo forever.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 2:15pm
TongueGee, THANKS, RC! Now all I can think about is that slob sitting in OUR front room, making THAT mess...I'd be pulling the hood over his head, roping him up with some good, strong hemp rope, and (mildly) beating him all over, with my 42-ounce Louisville Slugger...thank goodness that is a SnugWow - I think it soaks up 10 times its weight in blood, doesn't it? Now, mind you - if there WAS any, it would've been an accident and I'd apologize, but probably not profusely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
After watching that little piece of 'educational material', I got 'inspired' enough to dig up an old post...

PaWolf View%20Drop%20Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut

Online Status: Online
Post%20Options Post Options   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post%20ReplyReply Direct%20Link%20To%20This%20Post Posted: 11 Jan 2009 at 12:29pm

Fleece. Nice. Warm. Great on a cool evening.

And when your wife farts (oh yes they do!) under a fleece blanket, you can rip the blanket off and run, right after you've been blamed. NOTHING holds a fart like a fleece blanket!
So, Snuggies are GOOD!
Let her fart; let her bi*ch, moan, and gripe all she wants about who committed the crime - there is but one butt under the Snuggie.

(one wonders...after that large, soupy Mexican-Chinese dinner and you've settled down on the couch...if you catch the Snuglette, bind her hands behind her back and close the hood in front of her face, how long do you think she'd last, running around in circles while gassing herself? If she succumbed, think you might face charges for aiding and abetting? How much do you think you'd get for that stinkin' De Beer's diamond? If it wasn't enough, would selling her Snuggie (washed) at the subsequent yard sale make up the difference? The Inquiring Mindless need to know!)  Confused
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 4:45pm
LMFAO- I love you Pa!!!!!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 12:37am
Backwards robes
cheesygirl View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheesygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 4:21am
I love how these people wear their Snuggies EVERYWHERE.  At the movies?!?  WTF?  And the one old guy in the stands who is not wearing a Snuggie and is shivering.  He might be going into hypothermia, but at least he doesn't look like a total doofus.
Sgt Saunders View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 6:05am
Blue for the boys and pink for the girls...and leopard print for the Cougar down at the Stank n' Skank.  Personally, I await the Porter Wagoner version - a cross between a Snugglie and a Nudie Suit.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 4:06pm
It ought to come in orange for the Hare Krishnas.  See how these Krishnas are forced to wear them in red and plaid and black (starting at about 50 seconds):

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 5:38pm
Confused...yea, o.k. then!
But what color/pattern do you think best for the 'Blow-Up Pup'? Do you think it would look better with spiked heels?
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2009 at 9:33pm
Why in the heck would you want to put a Snuggie on your dog? They have a built-in blanket. It's called FUR.
This is your brain on commercials.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic