Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Things I Hate About Message Forums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Media Blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Things I Hate About Message Forums
    Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 8:28pm
As trivial as this sounds, I hate the fact that they always seem to be written in Verdana. I HATE VERDANA!

At least here, you have a choice, for which I'm grateful.
Verdana is teh suck.
Sponsored Links

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 9:02pm
It's "teh" suck?
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 1:49am
I hate how they can be hijacked and then the new owners can pretend that everything on there is theirs.

Oh, wait...
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 9:40am
Originally posted by applepiemommy applepiemommy wrote:

I hate how they can be hijacked and then the new owners can pretend that everything on there is theirs.

Oh, wait...

Big%20smilesnickerThumbs%20Up
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 3:47pm
Peopl who can't speel if theer lieves dependeed on eet, it's sort of hart to reed normal tings wheen theyir speeled so add. see?People who think they're so smart that they're always right, even if they're a bit wrong for example one guy on tvn*wst*lk.n*t who went by the name C*f*f or someone I can't remember which who completely disregarded my remark (when I was a member)that local Fox News/Newscorp owned stations conforming to all the same exact look felt a little less local and more corporate and he gave me the most stupidest response ever saying that they're still local because they cover local news events and etc. Fanboys, again TVN*wst*lk.net is full of them if you complain anything about the corporate consolidation and dumbing down of TV news they'll probably be on you like white on rice in no time. (A big no no over there is complaining about the bias of Fox News.) Being banned for no reason, happened to me over there a couple of years ago, and last I checked I wasn't that annoying over there.ConfusedWhen someone steals the forum and then claims it's theirs by changing to title to something lame and trendy (MadAboutAds I'm looking at you.WinkThumbs%20Down)   
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2008 at 6:25pm
I wonder what would happen if we all demanded they removed our posts, since they admitted that WE own our posts.
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2008 at 9:30am
Interesting!!
Love endures all.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 7:23am
Well I would but the THEIVING MUTHER f**kERS BANNED ME FOR ASKING A QUESTION!!!!
DOUCHEBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
LOL1955 View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOL1955 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2008 at 9:46am
I don't know why they haven't banned me, yet.  I look in every now and again to see if the site is operational.  Don't seem to be too many topics or posters, now.
Love endures all.
Media Blitz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Media Blitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:16pm
Something else I've noticed about forums that drives me crazy. When people are explaining an answer to a question, they have to a use winking emoticon at the end. I hate that!!! It drives me crazy!!

What's that supposed to mean? They're trying to be friendly? They're being smug about it? They're so anal they have a smiley in every post?? WHY?????
Verdana is teh suck.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Media Blitz Media Blitz wrote:

Something else I've noticed about forums that drives me crazy. When people are explaining an answer to a question, they have to a use winking emoticon at the end. I hate that!!! It drives me crazy!! WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

What's that supposed to mean? They're trying to be friendly? They're being smug about it? They're so anal they have a smiley in every post?? WHY????
?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2008 at 3:36pm
There are studies that show that teenagers are not yet adept at judging facial expressions (has to do with the development of the cortex, or something like that).  Perhaps the same holds true for smiley expressions. 

MB, smileys are used to convey a response to someone else's post, or the intention of your own post.  You're 17, right?  Give it a few years.  Wink

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:16am
Winky is one of my favorite smileys.  It means I'M KIDDING!Big%20smile

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 3:49am
Confused  This one is called "Confused", but I see it more as a look of dismay, and use it as such.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2008 at 5:25am
I think it can be interpreted as either one, Thor.  I guess it depends on the sentence.Wink

Dead  This one is "dead".....I often use it to mean "sickening".  I wish Nathan would install a barfing smiley.  I'd sure appreciate it - I'd use it often.Big%20smile<-------That's my sh*t-eatin' grin.LOL

Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 2:20am
Things I hate in message forums:

-Mods who make their opinions subtlely known by picking and choosing posts to delete (Nathan's cool in this departmentThumbs%20Up)

-When you get somebody who turns every topic into a political issue (It's Bush's/Democratic congress' fault that there is a pothole in front of my house) when the topic has nothing to do with politics.

-People who do "Game-Set Match" in a flame war to make it sound like the last word. ("Since you cannot prove your point, just shut up and crawl into the hole you came from")

-Mocking mispelling, unless it is rampant in a post. Simply proof that the person has nothing positive to contribute to the thread.

-Forums format their dates like this: 05.03.08
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 2:34am
People who refuse to acknowledge that I'm right about everything & compared to me they don't know sh*t.

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2008 at 2:39am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Confused  This one is called "Confused", but I see it more as a look of dismay, and use it as such.

I've always thought of that as the "Where will YOU be when your diarrhea comes back?" smilie. 

Shocked   Cool
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic