Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geikos getting weaker and weaker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heygusgus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geikos getting weaker and weaker
    Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:59pm
Geico..please stop referring on gimmicks! It's annoying
Granted the cavemen thing was cool at first. Then you gave them a tv show

(Strike one)

The Gecko, ok bit of word play....but now it's gotten pretty annoying

(Strike two)

The celebrity spokespeople were pretty awesome! Little Richard was funny, Peter Frampton was wonderful, holy crap, the movie preview guy! Mrs. Butterworth?

(Strike three)

Geico...please stop it. You're out of the game of advertising (so to speak).
What should we do?- Michael cera
Sponsored Links

kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 12:04am
Mrs. Butterworth was freaking awesome!!! Cmon, "there's a logo right on my face!" That was hilarious!!
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
imemine View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imemine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 4:15am
They should use other food mascots like captain crunch or uncle ben.
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 8:15am
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over the damned Gecko!!! I wish I were rich, cause I'd hire a person to sit in my house and mute bullsh*t for me. If they let one slip by me, heads would roll!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 1:22pm
Geico, as well as State Farm, Progressive, Allstate and Safe Auto, should get out of the ad game altogether if they can't come up with anything more clever than their current campaigns.  I'm sick of being bombarded with car insurance commercials, especially during game shows and basketball season! 
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 4:01pm
I actually like the gecko.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
J.R. View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

You're not alone, I do too. Smile
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:21pm

GEICO was giving away Decks of Cards at a Booth during the Daytona 500. I got one and will give it to my Sister when I visit her next week. She belongs to a Gun Club and I'll tell her she can use the Pictures for TARGET PRACTICE! LOL

Poiuyt Power!!!
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by J.R. J.R. wrote:

Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

You're not alone, I do too. Smile

Too bad ABC didn't have their failed comedy series called GECKO AND THE CAVEMEN.  (Oops, I must have been thinking of that alterna-rock band, Echo and the Bunnymen!) 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 11:00pm
The gecko finally died - he got his 'just desserts' (breakfast?)...
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 9:57pm
I tried to sign up with Geico, but they denied us because I forgot to report a speeding ticket that my husband got in 2005.  Then they kept calling us wondering why we hadn't paid our bill.  Because you canceled our insurance, idiots!
JimA View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:08pm
This is my first post here, so I hope I'm in the appropriate place for this. I can stomach the gecko (figuratively; my eggs are fine), but if I see another caveman commercial I may do someone harm. Now the caveman dances? What can this possibly have to do with insurance?

Much worse than the talking gecko is the motorcycle gecko. It's a person in a large gecko outfit. It never speaks, and does not really look like a gecko. The whole commercial smacks of a public access station doing a commercial.  Does the motorcycle insurance branch of Geico have to put on their own commercials?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic