Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Commercial Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Type of Commercials I LOVE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Type of Commercials I LOVE!
    Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 5:45am
I love ads with men and babies. Like fathers being all nice to their kids and feeding them cereal or something.
Ads like that make me make happy squeaking noises. Star Or this ad where this kid is talking to his grandfather in sign language about Disney or something.
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Sponsored Links

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 8:04pm
Short ones.
Funny ones, like the Capital One Vikings.
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 9:28pm
Yeah, that Vikings one is funny. I love funny ads. Like that one with the chick wearing big stuff to look skinny.
Without hurting me,
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2009 at 10:10pm
Stan Freberg commercials. Look them up...his Jeno's Pizza Rolls for one.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 2:16am
These drunk driving commercials with people that have cars full of booze crack me up.
Without hurting me,
Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2009 at 11:53pm
None. There are NO ads on TV or Radio or the Internet that I like, let alone love. I very rarely see one that actually does it's job, and informs me of a product or service that I need or want. But even more rarely do those ads do so in a way that is entertaining for more than two or three repetitions.

There are ads that I hate less than others. There are none that I love. I cannot begin to imagine one that might ever possibly fall into that empty category.

Sorry.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 3:30am
I gotta say I almost agree with Ad. The Aflac commercials actually make me laugh out loud. There are a couple others, but I can't think of them now.

By the way, I am one who DOESNT like the vikings commercials. I personally think they are stupid.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 4:03am
I love this commercial when these folks are driving in a car and and they pass by all of these white big words and the guy says, Honey, I think we're in a car commercial.
Without hurting me,
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Synesthesia Synesthesia wrote:

I love this commercial when these folks are driving in a car and and they pass by all of these white big words and the guy says, Honey, I think we're in a car commercial.

No that one is terrible, stupid smug VW owners.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 7:02pm
It makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Originally posted by Hezadancer Hezadancer wrote:

No that one is terrible, stupid smug VW owners.
Without hurting me,
canfield727 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canfield727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 4:23pm

Yeah, that Vikings one is funny. I love funny ads. Like that one with the chick wearing big stuff to look skinny.
okay i hate that one.
CHUCK MY N0RR1S
canfield727 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canfield727 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2009 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by BDrums1971 BDrums1971 wrote:

I gotta say I almost agree with Ad. The Aflac commercials actually make me laugh out loud. There are a couple others, but I can't think of them now.

By the way, I am one who DOESNT like the vikings commercials. I personally think they are stupid.
Whatabout the Got Milk commercial, where the jerk dies and thinks he's in heaven when he starts woofing down chocolate chip cookies and opens a fridge full of milk only to find they're all empty.  That is my all-time favorite.
Or the plane crash with 2 survivors.  One guy finds a twix and says he thinks he hears a chopper.
While he's scarfing down the first twix bar and pulling out the second, the other survivor says, "I don't see anything."  With a mouthful of Twix, the first guy hollars back, "Keep Looking!"  How can you not love that?
CHUCK MY N0RR1S
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2009 at 10:45pm
Pretty much anything with a cat in it.

Doesn't have to be Morris, any cat will do. I even liked the Crave cartoon cat

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 11:53am
Thanks for the earworm!

I see your "Crave" and raise you:

Meow Mix.

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Thanks for the earworm!

I see your "Crave" and raise you:

Meow Mix.

LOL, I'm such a sucker for little animals!

Wish the Tube had the "Frisky Business" Little Friskies ad!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 4:46pm
...I like cats in commercials, too!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
jerseyfla View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseyfla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 3:14am
All you Floridians and Georgians have to agree, One word. Publix. Best commercials ever!!

Here are a few of my favorites.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 1:09am
^post edited to replace URL links with TUBE tags^
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 2:03pm
I just saw a new to me Bud light "Too Light vs. Too Heavy" commercial that I really liked. It was "Dog Training" and the first part is the guy showing his friend how he taught his poodle to "speak" and the dog comes up with a wimpy little "woof". That was too light. The next part the dog is driving a car with the two guys in the backseat, and it's running over fire plugs, causing accidents and the owner says to his friend, "Pretty sweet, huh?" or something like that. That was too heavy.

I laughed my ass off and re-played it like four times.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 2:39pm
So...if you like doggy-style commercials, check this out...think I saw it ONCE.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
momo View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote momo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 12:29pm
Artistically inspiring commercials i.e the current Fedex commercial. Using only cardboard? GENIUS :D.
funny or cute commercials with dogs or animals.
Foreign commercials. It's always interesting to see what commercials outside of the US are like.
rebratka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebratka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2009 at 8:05am
I'm sure many find this one to be annoying.
I find it to be quite adorable.   So much so I don't even hear the woman talking about the good stuff about the cereal.

The giggle/laugh gets me every time.

This is currently my favorite commercial.

Agent_Sometime View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Agent_Sometime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2009 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by rebratka rebratka wrote:

The giggle/laugh gets me every time.

I probably sound evil, but I hate the sound of kids laughing, especially this one. She sounds so annoying. The only one I like is that really popular YouTube video of the baby cracking up at the sound of paper ripping. It's probably the annoying baby-talking mother in the commercial too. Bonding over Rice Krispies cereal. -_-
JasonTKD View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonTKD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 3:55am
My favorite type of commercials were/still are the Coca Cola polar bear commercials. 

They were less about Coke and more about the polar bear family hangin out .
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2009 at 12:48pm
Those are good.  They remind me of the ones I like even more - the Norelco shaver ads with Santa, always shown during Rudolph, 'back in the day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic