Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ghost Adventures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by flying420 flying420 wrote:

yes this is an aweful show that is on tv. its clearly fake and over-rated. its exactly how you described it in your paragraph. i myself have never watched this crap nor will i ever.

and to all the people posting on here about ghost and that crap, please, you cant be serious. it says in the forum rules that you cant be 13 and under to use these forums so why are you here? grow up. any adult wouldn't be afraid of something that is not there. you all must be 10 year olds and sleep in your moms bed at night.

Way to make an entrance dude.
Sponsored Links

flying420 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flying420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

yes this is an aweful show that is on tv. its clearly fake and over-rated. its exactly how you described it in your paragraph. i myself have never watched this crap nor will i ever.

and to all the people posting on here about ghost and that crap, please, you cant be serious. it says in the forum rules that you cant be 13 and under to use these forums so why are you here? grow up. any adult wouldn't be afraid of something that is not there. you all must be 10 year olds and sleep in your moms bed at night.

Way to make an entrance dude.

thank you, the truth hurts sometimes. not only are they posting about ghost but they are the ones that actually watch the show and keep stuff like that on the air.

you want to see a real reality show? try watching "I Survived" it airs on BIO channel every sunday at 8pm and 9pm. they show very dramatic ways people are near death and then tell their storys how they survived. one show was about a man whos leg was trapped in a drive shaft and he had to cut off his own leg and crawl to a highway to live. there was also the virginia tech shooting and the kids told the story about their school shooting.

all the storys are real and none of this "omg i think i just saw a ghost" crap if you are going to post a reply why not post one about the topic instead of me? not only do i have the feeling these are underage kids but obviously you must be bored also.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 3:15pm
I'd like to see a Show featuring off-beat News stories, and the people who were involved in them. For Example:

The Hot Air Ballonist who, during an Air Show, was forced to make an emergency landing when a seam ripped on his Balloon. He made such a landing successfully, in a Nudist Camp.

The Child who woke up in the morning and found himself in a cornfield 25 miles away from his home. (A Tornado had swept through his neighborhood, and ripped the roof off his house, picking him up, bed and all, and depositing him, unharmed in the cornfield. (The rest of his family was unharmed as well.)

The Lady who found a strange plant growing in her garden. She took the plant, placed in in a pot, and took care of it the remainder of the summer. In the Fall, she entered it in a State Fair where it won the Blue Ribbon. Then an off-duty Police Officer brought along his family to the Fair. he spotted the plant, and gave the bad news. It was a Marajuana Plant!LOL
Poiuyt Power!!!
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 5:46pm

[

thank you, the truth hurts sometimes. not only are they posting about ghost but they are the ones that actually watch the show and keep stuff like that on the air.

you want to see a real reality show? try watching "I Survived" it airs on BIO channel every sunday at 8pm and 9pm. they show very dramatic ways people are near death and then tell their storys how they survived. one show was about a man whos leg was trapped in a drive shaft and he had to cut off his own leg and crawl to a highway to live. there was also the virginia tech shooting and the kids told the story about their school shooting.

all the storys are real and none of this "omg i think i just saw a ghost" crap if you are going to post a reply why not post one about the topic instead of me? not only do i have the feeling these are underage kids but obviously you must be bored also.

ha. What is wrong with posting about you?
You obviously have done your job, you proved how "in your face" and "tell it like it is" you are.
Awesome, you're the first one to come here with such a fresh attitude and perspective!
It really shakes things up around her to have people be insulted and called children!

I not going to verbally spar with you my friend, I have met my match!
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 6:25pm

we're immature?? LOL
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2009 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by specialkt specialkt wrote:

blah blah blah I am smarter than all of you blah blah blah

we're immature?? LOL

Evidently so. And it seems we are bored as well.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2009 at 12:47am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

Originally posted by specialkt specialkt wrote:

blah blah blah I am smarter than all of you blah blah blah

we're immature?? LOL

Evidently so. And it seems we are bored as well.
Thanks, Bubba.
MissyDWolf JUST NOW showed me the video she captured on her phone - from the 'day at the institute'. It is FAR BETTER than I could have ever expected - we're working on downloading it - I hope it works! (REALLY) spooky laughs for ALL! - PowerBoy will LOVE it! (I really had it shot for Him & Me - it is funny! I'm thinkin' MissyDWolf even got a shot of the Cops chasing me...)
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2009 at 4:09am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

MissyDWolf JUST NOW showed me the video she captured on her phone - from the 'day at the institute'. It is FAR BETTER than I could have ever expected - we're working on downloading it - I hope it works! (REALLY) spooky laughs for ALL! - PowerBoy will LOVE it! (I really had it shot for Him & Me

Awwww Pa. I cannot wait to see it. Tell MissyD, thank you for me.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2009 at 7:00pm
Big%20smile (we've still got the video on the phone...having a hard time getting the phone from her long enough to email to myself)

Something slapped me upside the head, today...couldn't see what it was.
But, well...after having been invited to the below summit (near Hooty's place - not sure if he got invited), I realized this place is VERY famous for being quite haunted.
Anyone interested in a pretty ugly story should look up the tales that made 'Bobby Mackey's' famous.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2009 at 9:23pm
Now I have to resurrect 'dead ghosts' (is that possible?!Confused).
As everyone understands, this whole subject has become a gigantic fad. We've the 'absurdly stupid', like "Ghost Adventures" (I'd love to hire Hulk Hogan to beat the ever-ghostly sense into their idiot 'leader' - just wanna see him cry) and the absolutely ridiculous "Extreme Paranormal" group - THESE idiots simply make me sick. They all need girlfriends.
Except the fat kid, who like 'little boy ghosts'.
THEN we have this OTHER new group of ex-biker/trucker 'Ghosty-Hunters' - NOT the 'Roto Rooter' Boys (gawd! these guys actually spent hard-earned drug dollar savings on a show!). Don't know if they are on the History, or Discovery Channel.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 12:18am
Tonight's CLASSIC QUOTE, from "Ghost Hunters"

(camera focused on a 200 year-old painting of a baby)

"...this is a picture of a deceased child..."

Well...I sure hope so.

PitLoad413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitLoad413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 6:23am
I agree their "frat boy" cantor is a touch on the annoying side, but remember the British TV show "Most Haunted".  Most Haunted's crew screamed and run around everytime a weird noise came about and they weren't as scientific as Ghost Adventures! At least GA uses technological equipment and thorough analysis and face the supposed ghost/demon without running or screaming and they have the proof even though its on the ridiculous side of thing.
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 5:20pm
I hate Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters don't act like these f**king morons. 
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 8:25pm
I used to like older shows about ghosts haunting old places and institutions but now they have made a spooky novelty be silly now. 
Last night I was flipping stations and ended up on "Supernatural" what a lame tv show...only watched it for a few moments.  Well I guess the media still loves ghost stories and the like, people have always been facsinated with the afterlife. 
One of my best g/f's is all hooked on the Ghosts on the Queen Mary after she went to one of the Ghost Tour/Dinners there and swore that a puff of air went under her skirt and water turned on in the ladies room....now she's hooked like a crack addict on this place and always bugs us to go to these overpriced dinners.  She buys all the books, goes to the Dinner tour all the time, has bought one of them ghosty meters (forgot the tech term), she went totally overboard, and has her young children involved in it now, which I don't think is  healthy at all.
I for one as I have grown older do no believe there are ghosts etc.  I believe that there is no other realm except the current one we inhabit.  Can you imagine the countless souls that have at one time or another lived upon the earth?  That would be millions upon millions upon millions of souls floating around somewhere.  And what no animal spirits and ghosts, lets chuck them in...wow what a crowded afterlife...lol!  Hey can you move that Packaderm ghost over there so great grandma can squeeze in..LOL..imagine that if you will (Twilight Zone theme in the backgroundNuke).
One of my other g/f's that believes in the afterlife and I experienced a wierd phenomena one time at her house.  We were standing in her laundry area talking and we were standing by the dryer and all of a sudden the dryer door opened up completely and then shut itself again.  She always recounts this when the topic gets around ghosty subjects.  She attributes it to her mother that had passed recently before this episode.  I am tending to think there was some physics behind it.  Ermm

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2010 at 9:09pm
Again, I simply LOVE places that claim to be 'haunted', or are 'spooky' - and I've ALWAYS lived in an area where there are 'candidates' (and WOW - do we have places around HERE!).
I'll go to them on a moment's notice.
Unfortunately, no matter HOW hard I try, 'ghosties' ALWAYS hide from me. I've looked for them for YEARS (I just know I'll see 'em one fine day!).
During the years we lived in Europe, *I* went on many 'after hours castle crawling expeditions'. MissyDWolf always strayed away from 'dead thing adventures'.
So...I just HAVE to watch the shows - no matter how very stupid they have become. Think I just want to know about the places they are investigating.
Until, well...maybe now.
This whole concept has reached an all-time low with this show:

...and WAIT! Theres MORE! The I.D. Channel will soon start running THIS Series:

As, per 'X FILES'...I "want to believe"... - I'm thinkin' I'd like a new hobby, anyway.

Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2010 at 4:17am
I hate that show with every fiber of my body.   I'd like to shove a bar of soap down their mouths just like the guys in that Choppers show.  Nasty people.

.. + .-- .- -. - + -.-. .... .. -.-. -.- . -. + .- -. -.. + -.-. .... .. -.-. .... .. ...

I want chicken and Chi-Chi's
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:09am
I actually amn a ghost hunter and there are definitely things out there that are not explainable.

Most of the shows on tv are staged and fake and I especially hate this show.  Zack is sooo annoying and he thinks he is better looking than he is.  The whole thing is so phoney.
The only show that is tolerable is GHOST HUNTERS on SYFY.  A friend of mine knows those guys and they are pretty genuine.

I only watch Ghost Adventures twice and it really was bad.  You can tell that nothing is going on but they need to make it look good for the cameras.
bunnyhead View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Bannned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunnyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2010 at 12:13am
Originally posted by PitLoad413 PitLoad413 wrote:

I agree their "frat boy" cantor is a touch on the annoying side, but remember the British TV show "Most Haunted".  Most Haunted's crew screamed and run around everytime a weird noise came about and they weren't as scientific as Ghost Adventures! At least GA uses technological equipment and thorough analysis and face the supposed ghost/demon without running or screaming and they have the proof even though its on the ridiculous side of thing.
Most Haunted was the most annoying show EVER!!!  They never showed any evidence of the hauntings and if I had to hear that dumb English B*tch say "Did you hear that?" one more time I was gonna strangle her.
Of course you are gonna hear some wierd noises, you are in  an old crumbling castle that it 1000 years old.  Every time there was a little noise she would say "Did you hear that?" with that annoying accent. AHHHH!!!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2010 at 3:12pm
Interesting...'Most Haunted' is attempting a 'come-back' (but WHY?!)

HOWEVER...take note - there is yet ANOTHER new show..."Living with the Dead", which will give 'Most Haunted' a true 'run for the (bad) money'. Fell asleep with it on the (normally very reliable for good shows) ID channel, last night. They ended up having an all-night marathon; it ended when I woke up, cold, spooked, and otherwise feeling like garbage.
Oh...it is irritating!  

Now...for another one that was GREAT, should you be able to find it - "American Paranormal", on the National Geographic Channel. For a change, you have actual scientists debunking things - and [t]they make sense! (wonder why?)

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:05pm
Big%20smileOur Youngest Daughter, who lives in the Carolinas, has taken up the hobby
She is more like me than any of the five...and PROBABLY the most intelligent of all (like I said - more like MELOL)
During the summers, she generally teaches Soccer to youth, up in the mountains. Her season is over, now...so she is 'goofing' before college cranks up, again (she usually never leaves the mountains, unless a 'vacation').

She took up a new hobby - 'ghost hunting' - for the hell of it. Maybe to challenge her fears or to learn the history of the land in which she lives...no matter, either reason is good as long as she remains totally 'open-minded' and un-opinionated.

She just went through a few sites that were pretty hard to get to...one was the scene of an old mass-murder; an old, very hard-to-find-and-get-to dilapidated mansion; the second, an abandoned asylum - also hard to find, much less, to get anywhere near. She wanted NO gadgets; just wanted to 'experience it'. 

She relayed her report to me a few days ago, over the phone. I have asked her to post her 'findings and thoughts'; overall, they were quite interesting, although we had to chat about the mental state one enters ANY place (again, open-minded and unassuming, no matter the history, much less the creepiness of a location).      

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 5:17am
WinkWe have LOTS of 'very creepy places' up here in the GWN...and a lot of 'wannabe ghosty hunters'.
Most of them are young and awfully stupid - they might accidently hurt themselves in some of the places they go...
Here's the J.N. Adams Tuberculosis Center, way down south in Perrysburg, NY (kind of out in nowhereland).
Young and Dumb chilluns got busted at 2:45 A.M. there, the other night.
An interesting excerpt from the history - may be read about at the link, above:

(a photo of the described, totally intact dining room may be viewed at the website above)

"The dining room was built to be opulent and magestic, rising two and a half stories in a domed structure, capped with a magnificent oculus taken from the Temple of Music from the 1901 Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo, the building (U.S. President) William McKinley was assassinated in. "

Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by bunnyhead bunnyhead wrote:

The only show that is tolerable is GHOST HUNTERS on SYFY.  A friend of mine knows those guys and they are pretty genuine.

I like Ghost Hunters (a friend is a TAPS member and he has some interesting stories)...Paranormal State are a bunch of idiots.  Way too eager to attribute anything to a ghost/demon/etc.

I've only seen one episode of Extreme Paranormal that I liked (NM State Penitentiary).
The Random Classic View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Random Classic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 6:05am
Originally posted by Dreamstalker Dreamstalker wrote:

I like Ghost Hunters (a friend is a TAPS member and he has some interesting stories)...Paranormal State are a bunch of idiots.  Way too eager to attribute anything to a ghost/demon/etc.

I've only seen one episode of Extreme Paranormal that I liked (NM State Penitentiary).

That's probably because that's the only episode of that show.
Commercials I Hate Rules!!!!

"Why does Godzilla care about subway?"-Hezadancer

"Cats are animals.Their brains are the size of Milk Duds."-Kat
Dreamstalker View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreamstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 6:49pm
I do recall seeing a couple others, but that's the only one I felt a desire to watch.  Come to think of it every time I see it on the channel guide it's the same 3 episodes (there's probably a reason it only lasted 3 eps).
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2011 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by The Random Classic The Random Classic wrote:

Originally posted by Dreamstalker Dreamstalker wrote:

That's probably because that's the only episode of that show.
LOLNot true.
There were something like 5 actual episodes...and a few of them were fun to watch because they were SO idiotic!
There was one in an old graveyard, down in a Louisiana bayou...it was a gut-buster!
There was another in an old, noted Pennsylvania Mental Hospital / children's 'dumping ground' (and they were actually there before the likes of GH). It was so bad they should have been left there by the film crew.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic