Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miracle Whip EXTREME MAYONNAISE!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DirtyD79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Miracle Whip EXTREME MAYONNAISE!!!!
    Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 2:14am
So apparently Miracle Whip won't tone it down. Yep if you're an 18-34 male demographic apparently you can't be caught dead eating non extreme mayonaise. So what does it do? Does it like Jump out of the jar and onto the sandwich. Do blazing guitar licks play every time you open the jar?

This is the most sad pitiful example of corporate pandering I've ever seen.
Mind on My Money, Money on My Beer
Sponsored Links

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 2:38am
The ads SUCK, D...but the product is GREAT!
I...I...I gotta admit it. M-W beats the ever lovin shi* out of mayo, on sammies!
They sold me.
In the dark, with my back turned.
I bought the BIG one!
Got it on sale for $2.87.Big%20smile
We're havin' M-W on EveryF'nThing, right now!!!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 2:53am
Extreme mayonnaise???  What are we talking about here?  I haven't heard of it.

And I like my mayonnaise as is, goshdurnit!

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:04am

Miracle Whip isn't "mayonnaise"  even though it may be used as such in most recipes.   It's a tangy sweet "sandwich spread/salad dressing".  And I guess sales are slipping on this dinosaur product for the company to require this new obnoxious ad campaign.  Either you love Miracle Whip  or you don't.  Tongue

80's ad here....

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:07am
We LOVE it.
On everything.
It is simply dribbling from the corners of my mouth as I type.
Smeared it all over a 'brownie', tonight.
Was delicious.
And she's sleeping soundly with a smile, right now.
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:16am
Pa...you need to do an ad!! ClapClapClapClap
---------

History

From its birth in the 1930s   ShockedShocked    to its place in kitchen refrigerators today, Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing has remained one of the most recognized dressing brands to consumers around the world.

In 1933, the Kraft name had been well-established as a brand name distributor of mayonnaise, yet sales were slipping badly as a result of the Depression. Soon, Kraft developed a dressing better than any other, that possessed a texture comparable to mayonnaise and at a lower price.

This revelation sported the same name as the machine that created it -- Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing. First introduced at the 1933 Century of Progress Chicago World's Fair, Kraft Miracle Whip soon launched one of the biggest food advertising campaigns to ever grace the U.S. media -- from print to TV. And this initial effort led to 22 weeks of almost non-stop advertising, including a weekly two hour radio show.

At the end of this introductory period, Kraft Miracle Whip was outselling all other brands of dressing and mayonnaise... Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing had become a favourite of generations.

Miracle Whip. It's the Zip.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:25am
Is it even more annoying than the Duke's Mayonnaise ads?

"I don't use any other mayonnaise because it just wouldn't respect my potato salad."

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:29am
REALLY, ol'Mule!!!
If'n it 'respected your potato salad', would you then put it in your MOUTH?!
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:34am
What did the Miracle Whip say to the lettuce? 

Don't come in.....Embarrassed....I'm dressing! 

Cool

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 3:36am
LOL...jeeez! Now, how many pedophiles are going to tell THAT ONE to young, unsuspecting children?!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 4:44am
The title needs to include the brand name.

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:50am
    And a very gracious Miracle Whip-soaked good  afternoon to you!! ::::SNORT::::::

Cool
LOL
omfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 5:53am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

LOL...jeeez! Now, how many pedophiles are going to tell THAT ONE to young, unsuspecting children?!

LMMFAO That was f**king funny!

you should feel important, i joined just to say that
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:16am
OMFG!!!!!!!!!
BDCwriter View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 7:32pm
Using the same logic, Cool Whip must be extreme whipped cream.
ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 8:05pm
Ingredients in Miracle Whip:
WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, VINEGAR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SUGAR, SALT, ENZYME MODIFIED EGG YOLKS, MUSTARD FLOUR, ARTIFICIAL COLOR, POTASSIUM SORBATE AS A PRESERVATIVE, PAPRIKA, SPICE, NATURAL FLAVOR, DRIED GARLIC, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR).

Ingredients in Mayonnaise:
EGGS, OIL.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 8:21pm
What no flavor in mayonnaise?
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:40pm
Wink
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Depends on the brand.  McCormick flavors with lime juice and all commercial mayo (and any decent home-made) has some form of acid in it.  Like lemon juice or vinegar or even a bit of mustard.   This ensures shelf life as well as gives mayo its "tang".  Salt and pepper and herbs are all good optional additions to the basic egg/acid/oil emulsion sauce.  When this sauce is in warm form...with butter as the 'oil" we rename it "hollandaise". 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:46pm

I just wonder about that "color" in the Miracle Whip.  It's off-white, for Chrissake!  Would it be clear without it??

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Wink

Depends on the brand.  McCormick flavors with lime juice and all commercial mayo (and any decent home-made) has some form of acid in it.  Like lemon juice or vinegar or even a bit of mustard.   This ensures shelf life as well as gives mayo its "tang".  Salt and pepper and herbs are all good optional additions to the basic egg/acid/oil emulsion sauce.  When this sauce is in warm form...with butter as the 'oil" we rename it "hollandaise". 

Not really a flavor, but one of the brands---either Kraft or Best Foods (that's Hellman's to some of you)---now has a version with olive oil in it.

ForumAdmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForumAdmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 10:28pm

Sometimes Pa, you are really gross.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2009 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Not really a flavor, but one of the brands---either Kraft or Best Foods (that's Hellman's to some of you)---now has a version with olive oil in it.

Yes.  Hellman's/Best foods has a mayo dressing/sandwich-slicker-upper with Olive Oil in it.  They cannot call it  "mayonnaise". 

IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 2:03am
C'mon! Miracle Whip spread is hip, fresh and edgy! It's rebellous and non-conformist! *GUITAR BLAST*! And it's so not mayo, even though it's made from whipped oil and eggs and it's white and it goes on sandwiches.

Go back to the 50's, old man, you're not radical enough to understand Miracle Whip! It's the spirit of the young generation, like Pepsi:

DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 2:07am
This thread makes me glad I hate mayonnaise and always have. Never could stand the stuff. 
My nickname's the assman, because everywhere I go people tell me, "You're an ass, man!"
erod550 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erod550 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 10:36am
Originally posted by NathanAlexander NathanAlexander wrote:

Sometimes Pa, you are really gross.

Yes, I was just thinking this too, lol.  Seriously, mayo?  I've heard of using honey or chocolate syrup, but mayo??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic