Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MTV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MTV
    Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 10:32pm
For once MTV has done something worthy of praise: since last night they have been showing Michael Jackson's old videos as well as clips of other appearances and interviews.    What a classy, respectful move by MTV to dump their reality garbage programming in honor of the king of pop music and someone who was big on their network back when they were still a music channel.
Sponsored Links

sherrah012 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrah012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 1:37am
I thought this was awesome too!  MJ's videos were some of the best ever, in my opinion.
TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 5:14am
MTV remembered their roots as a true music network and gave great tributes to Michael Jackson. I expected MTV to air something as a tribute.
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 1:49pm
I see this in two ways. It kinda forced MTV to actually play music videos again, but i fear that they'll play all Michael, all the time with no variety. Or when the dust has settled, they'll go back to their old 'reality show' format. (You know they will.)
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2009 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

I see this in two ways. It kinda forced MTV to actually play music videos again, but i fear that they'll play all Michael, all the time with no variety. Or when the dust has settled, they'll go back to their old 'reality show' format. (You know they will.)

Exactly. TV Land is airing a Couple of Charlie's Angels episodes in honor of Farrah, but once that's over they will VERY LIKELY return to "The same ol same ol".Unhappy
Poiuyt Power!!!
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 9:51pm
You actually think that they are going to go back to their old format? It is only a tribute, they will be showing Reality shows once again within the next few days
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by JimAyzing JimAyzing wrote:

You actually think that they are going to go back to their old format? It is only a tribute, they will be showing Reality shows once again within the next few days

Sadly that has already happened.   But it was nice while it lasted...
DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2009 at 10:30pm
I hate to say this, but celebrities dying is the only way to get TV stations to stop the reality trash. And even then only for a couple of days Unhappy

Then again EMpTyV, as I like to call it, boned the fish for me back in '97.
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:32am
MTV started circling the drain with the end of Beavis & Butthead.
ThatOneAdWhere... View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatOneAdWhere... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2009 at 6:36am
Originally posted by DolFan 316 DolFan 316 wrote:

I hate to say this, but celebrities dying is the only way to get TV stations to stop the reality trash. And even then only for a couple of days Unhappy

Then again EMpTyV, as I like to call it, boned the fish for me back in '97.

Yep.  It takes someone to die for MTV to actually play music.  How sad.
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 8:47pm
It was TRL that killed MTV.

TRL killed the MTV Star.
TRL killed the MTV Star....
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 12:37am
And now MTV killed TRL.   Guess it wasted too much precious air time where they could be showing stupid reality shows.  LOL

There's this one on all the time now about knocked up chicks.    YEEEEECHHH!!!
DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 1:04am
Ugh...as if the concept of being knocked up as a teen needs to be glamorized Angry It's as if American society WANTS itself to be destroyed. 
My nickname's the assman, because everywhere I go people tell me, "You're an ass, man!"
TheDude22 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDude22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009 at 3:28am
Hopefully MTV will show music videos and no more god awful Reality shows.
Me hate Grammar Nazis.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic