Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calvin Klein Threesome Billboard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrah012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calvin Klein Threesome Billboard
    Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 9:49pm
http://about-face.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nikkiroddy-blog.jpg
I didn't know where to post this, seeing as CIH no longer has the Print Ads section.  Anyway, Calvin Klein put this ad up on a billboard in NYC.  (According to my mom, who keeps up with these sorts of things, they took it down and replaced it with a girl in a bathing suit).

I think this is absoutely disgusting.  I don't like the message that it sends to young girls, that you have to be a sexual toy tossed around by guys to be liked.  Also, the girl laying on top of the two guys looks very underage!

Calvin Klein has always had sexualized ads featuring young girls... young Brooke Shields saying nothing comes between she and her Calvins, anyone?

I'd love to hear what you guys think!
Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2009 at 10:22pm
I saw the ad on the news.

Going too far, as always.

From The National Lampoon website:

Quote Calvin Klein’s line of advertising has always been the sort of thing that would make a 1950’s man blush. Similarly, Klein’s 2009 advertisements are also a brand of photography that carries no shame. However, as the picture above shows, what really is the message I’m suppose to be receiving? Obviously Klein has used a subliminal dosage of SEX for a number of years, but it has always aired on the side of sex that people wanted.
This advertisement tells me that if I buy these jeans not only will I get a hot chick, but also two other fellas will show up and try to start some sort of four-some/gang bang ordeal. Not offense to the people who enjoy the orgy scene, but even if that was an option I’d take the one with three women rather than two other men besides myself.
Plus look at the guy on the floor. What’s going on there? Is he simply going to pleasure himself all over his brand new jeans? He’s not even looking at the action afoot behind him. This is like when I’m watching a commercial for perfume and it consists of a few buzzwords like “visionary,” and “ adore” as well as the classic hot-models playing in sand or mud. What the hell did I just watch?
What’s wrong with a picture of an Average Joe that reads: “Pants, they’ll keep your Johnson warm.”

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:31am
<Plus look at the guy on the floor. What’s going on there? Is he simply going to pleasure himself all over his brand new jeans? He’s not even looking at the action afoot behind him.>

That's the first thing I noticed before reading the text.Dead Some dude with a shiney leg is playing footsy with his hair. Think I'll go hurl up supper.Dead 
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 12:52am

I saw this particular ad on the news too.  Calvin Klein ads are generally inappropriate in my opinion.  This one is just disgusting, and does go way overboard. DeadThumbs%20Down

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 2:39am
I have no problem with erotica but this ad is just ridiculous!  I am not even looking at the JEANS!  I am trying to figure out who's doing whom, who wants to do whom, and who's getting done next!  Shocked And then there are all the  other  disturbing elements.  These young-uns should be skipping stones and drinking malteds and playing checkers and not engaging in hot monkey sex! 

Angry:::: Tosses My Slipper At The Screen :::::Angry

DANG Whipper-snappers and their filthy ads!! Hmmmph!!   Approve

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 2:44am
These ads aren't about selling jeans, they're about selling an image.

Then let the image sell the jeans.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 3:10am
I hated his "heroin chic" ads from the 90s, which started the whole unhealthy, skeleton-showing, half-naked trend.  I have no respect for him or his brand.
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 3:29am
I think that Mr. Floor has already finished with her...
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 3:33am
Then why do they both still have their britches on?

C'mon, man!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 3:42am
'Cause you're supposed to be somewhat dressed when you go to the Free Clinic to get tested... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 3:55am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Then why do they both still have their britches on?

They've just finished playing the "In My Pants Game" on CIH??  Tongue
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 3:58am
Looks more like the "In Each Other's Pants" game..... Evil%20Smile

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 4:19am
They just all look so uninterested and lethargic about the whole thing...as if it's just something to do when you're bored, like playing cards.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 4:20am
They look sweaty.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 5:38am

Or glistening with Nair.

specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 2:55pm

this looks like my idea of a good time wooo ya

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 3:31pm
WTF?! This is just wrong on all levels. What are they trying to portray with this ad - that orgies and gang bangs are better with your Calvins? I don't know about you, but those guys look like they'd rather "have fun" with each other and not with the jailbait draped across them.

I've never owned a pair of Calvin Klein jeans and this ad hasn't changed my mind. In fact, I'll NEVER buy anything from him again! It's all just overpriced crap anyway.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 5:12pm

Sleaze. Pure and simple.

I read somewhere that all 4 are gay so what's the frickin point of this stupid billboard?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 6:32pm
BTW....this is a "foursome".  Seeing that there 4 people "involved". Tongue
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 7:02pm
Anyone notice that the 3 "guys" look like triplets?  Maybe their "bored" look is because they just finished off a 'sack' ole weed. That's the only reason I'd have my head in some dude's lap..........
The one on the floor is watching the ceiling spin.Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2009 at 7:10pm
I dunno, Tizzer.
Someone before said they believed the entire bunch of 'em prefer their own kind, doncha know.
I'm thinkin' it is probably true as she is having to hold back the one boy's face from starting some 'exploratory pipe work' on the other boy's zipper area... Confused 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic