Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You thought you had a bad zit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: You thought you had a bad zit?
    Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:54am
You thought you had a bad pimple, you got nothing on this guy (yes it's real....surprising as it is; I would never let one get this far along):

Immune to all forms of marketing since 1976!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:33pm
Sorry, Prom...this zit popped long ago.  We've already discussed it (maybe in the Gross-out thread, where member Skerlnik posted it).  But what the hell...it is a beauty, and maybe the newer members will enjoy it.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 2:36pm
I think that is a cyst, rather than a zit.

And if you're interested, there's some great video on YouTube of cysts being popped with huge globs of pus oozing out of them.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
timdubya View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timdubya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 3:36pm
And not to mention that Mad Magazine classic from the 90's, "The Zit" by Tom Bunk.  A guy was trying to pop a zit but more than the pimple came out.
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:18pm
ulch why dont people seek doctors for that sh*t!! *barf*
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:26pm
Why did I open AND READ this thread? LOLAngryLOLAngry
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Maybe it's a carbuncle.  Or maybe not.  It's a good word, anyway.

Still, this is the type of thing they should show on the commercials for skin products that are supposed to clear up acne.  Proactiv should show Jessica Simpson with a few of these babies on her face rather than those minuscule things that'd barely put out enough "product" to fit on the head of a pin.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:18pm

Could be a boil. But it's been long ago squeezed out. Probably could've filled a mayonaise jar with it.Tongue
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Could be a boil. But it's been long ago squeezed out. Probably could've filled a mayonaise jar with it.Tongue
Miracle Whip.
A little dab'll do ya!Big%20smile
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:42pm
I could also be a wen, but I think those are more restricted to the forehead.

(I just love using that word - wen - wenever I can).
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:47pm
"Wen".

LOL  LOL

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Maybe it's a carbuncle.  Or maybe not.  It's a good word, anyway.

Still, this is the type of thing they should show on the commercials for skin products that are supposed to clear up acne.  Proactiv should show Jessica Simpson with a few of these babies on her face rather than those minuscule things that'd barely put out enough "product" to fit on the head of a pin.

Maybe Billy Mays could pop pitch a gizmo for such pimply occasions.

"Hi!!! Billy Mays here for Wen Popper!" 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 10:10pm
When Julia Louis-Dreyfus was a cast member on SNL, she was in this skit where she was getting ready for a big date or the prom or something, & she was complaining about having this big zit on the side of her face.

When she turns around, there's this thing that looks exactly like the thing on the back of that guy's neck, but about 6 times bigger!!! Shocked

It was huge & red & had the little white head on top. It literally covered the entire side of her face!!! LOL

Everyone in her family was saying stuff like "Oh, you can hardly notice it!!!" & "Just put a little makeup on it & you won't even be able to see it!!"

I wish I could find a video clip or even a still pic of it, but I looked & looked & it's not out there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by Tiz Tiz wrote:

Maybe Billy Mays could pop pitch a gizmo for such pimply occasions.

He already has one.  It's called the Awesome Auger.
Prometheus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 10:33am
What that would be called in medical terms is an "acute cystic sebaceous abscess", or in layman's terms, "Big F***ing Zit" lol...At that point, it is already septic, and perpetuating the infection simply from neglecting to do anything about it. A plain cyst doesn't generally have any pus, it is usually a grouping of damaged or defective tissue that has been genetically-corrupted, for example a lump in the breast, or even a wart are examples of a plain (simple) cyst.

At this point, the pus itself has necrotized as well as some severely-damaged tissue in the sebaceous gland and sebaceous sac, the sebaceous gland is long-since irreparably-scarred, the pus has become fodder for the rapidly-multiplying bacterial-growth, and  the abscess has formed a cellular-wall of scar material as surrounding healthy cells try to contain the infection. Meanwhile, the blood vessel that feeds the hair follicle has not just been inflamed, but has severely dilated to manage the increased blood-flow needed to carry more T-cells to the area, and could possibly hemorrhage because of the constant irritation. Left unchecked, this is a significant tax on the immune system, and  should the  "capsule" of the abscess rupture internally into that same follicular-capillary into the normally-sterile bloodstream, it can overwhelm the kidneys and liver and cause liver/kidney failure as a result of "sepsis" or "septic shock"(blood-poisoning), and/or "bacteremia" (unusually-viable bacterium/pathogens in the bloodstream), which will cause the immune system to go ballistic, but it won't help much as your organs fail. Should that happen, the mortality rate is quite high and there is little that can be done at that point.

I really dunno how anyone would let it get that far, because I woulda taken at least a pin to it, but it looks like a little encouragement would make it erupt. I don't care about whatever "old wife's tale" is about popping pimples, but letting it get this far does a lot more skin damage than "going postal" on it. Didn't this guy have a friend that could lance that? How's about putting the camera down and ramming a pin into that huge whitehead? If I had that monster on my neck, I'd do anything to kill it, even if I had to slash it with a knife or scalpel, but by the looks of it, you could lance it with a knitting needle, sheesh.

I agree with "specialkt", I dunno how someone doesn't at least do something about a monster like that...That is the biggest pimple I have ever seen; previously it was the one I had on my cheekbone when I was a teenager, that looked like a marble was implanted under my skin. Took me a week and a half to kill it, and what a spectacle that was.

Anyway, I thought I'd post this beauty, I didn't see it before, so if this is a repost, my bad. Don't you just wanna pop that thing? Even just a little?
Immune to all forms of marketing since 1976!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic