Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Epiduo Acne Gel: Kid Camps Out In the Acne Aisle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Epiduo Acne Gel: Kid Camps Out In the Acne Aisle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Epiduo Acne Gel: Kid Camps Out In the Acne Aisle
    Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 10:14pm
The video can be seen on the website here http://www.epiduo.com/

To start out, WTF is this kid doing camping in the acne aisle just because he can't choose a medication? Just sit at home on your freaking laptop and do some research. The pharmacist walks over and tells him to get a life. He whines back "I'm tryyyying". This is the WORST acting in teenage commercial actors history, not to mention the most annoying delivery of a line ever. He sounds like he's trying to fight back laughter, even he knows this ad is laughable. The pharmasist tells him acne is a medical condition and he needs to talk to his doctor. The kid delivers another terrible line (if you can call it that), he goes "ohhhh!" His "acne" problem consists of some carefully placed fake acne, maybe 3-4 small zits tops.

Just like every other acne ad, the people with "problem" acne they show usually have very very mild acne, and in the case of the ad, its just fake make up acne. When they show him rubbing the gel on a zit, it's perfectly round, red, with a little raised center. How fake can you get? It looks like a mini nipple on his cheek.  This kid could probably fix his "acne" problem with a little clearasil. Apparently most of this epiduo gel is the same stuff in clearasil, benzoil peroxide.

I know acne is a medical condition, but if you only have a few zits I don't think it's cause for a doctor, even if your current prevention method fails to prevent this very mild acne. People with pizza faces and no relief, now THAT'S who they need to show as someone in need of prescription acne meds, not a kid who looks like he's never had real acne grace his perfect skin in his entire life.
It's ok, I'm in marketing!
Sponsored Links

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 11:17pm
Hey, I'm 57 and will get a zit occasionally.  I wear it proud.  
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 12:24am

Have I mentioned the little one on my hip that I popped in the shower?  Even in the shower, I could hear it pop!

I had bad acne as a teen.  The people in these ads (like Jessica Simpson in her Proactiv commercial) have nothing to complain about.

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 2:50am
That's some bad acting!   They can't be serious?  Maybe a skit on mad TV or SNL mocking these type of ads?
ThatOneAdWhere... View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatOneAdWhere... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2009 at 4:51am
Haha I was just thinking about the sheer idiocy of this commercial.  You're a teen.  It's called acne.  Deal with it.   I don't think it's worth camping out in acne aisle for.  It really bugs me during the close-up, though, how fake and ridiculous the zits looked.
foxtrot8709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxtrot8709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:19am
i went to high school with this kid. hes a complete tool. he's always had that horrible acting skill, best suited for broadway musicals about pre-teens coming out of the closet. and no, hes never had a zit, EVER. i completely agree that this is one of the worst commercials ive ever seen, and when i saw it the first time and saw who it was, i laughed my ass off
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 3:48am
anything in the pharmacy aisle for severe acne is way too harsh anyway. i used ot have severe acne and all of these stupid ads annoy me.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:25am
Originally posted by foxtrot8709 foxtrot8709 wrote:

i went to high school with this kid. hes a complete tool. he's always had that horrible acting skill, best suited for broadway musicals about pre-teens coming out of the closet. and no, hes never had a zit, EVER. i completely agree that this is one of the worst commercials ive ever seen, and when i saw it the first time and saw who it was, i laughed my ass off

Wow thanks for the insight, I totally called it!
msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2009 at 4:28am
Yeah, he needs to stop camping out in the acne aisle so he can get to his life of camping out in front of the ticket window.
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 9:02pm
This ad is irritating. You do not need a damn prescription medication that prolly costs a ton to help your acne. Yes, the main ingredient in it is Benzoyl Peroxide. A VERY good acne treatment. You can buy products in the store that are nothing but 2.5% BP. I had started breaking out pretty badly (I never really had an acne issue) when I started a particular medication. I did some research and seriously, all you need is some storebrand old fashioned orange dial soap, some BP 2.5% and a non-pore clogging facial moisturizer. Simple steps. Wash, dry, slather on the BP, let dry and put on the lotion. 2x a day. My acne is under control pretty well now.

Anyway, I find the end of the commercial irritating when he is chatting it up with those chicks who appear SO enthralled. Angry
thatsmypie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatsmypie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:04pm
Anyone ever see "Not Another Teen Movie?"

This is that creepy guy with the bag floating around his head all the time.
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by thatsmypie thatsmypie wrote:

Anyone ever see "Not Another Teen Movie?"

This is that creepy guy with the bag floating around his head all the time.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

That douche in the commercial needs to be punched in the face.   I can't stand the little pretty boy whining about his two zits.    Like anyone needs expensive prescription drugs for two tiny zits that can barely be seen.    Get over yourself!!   
DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 1:35am
I HATED the perfect popular prissy pricks in high school who never got a single zit the entire time!!! Angry Especially since I had a minimum of five on my face on any given day. Sometimes it was so many that certain pics of me as a teen look like I have dirt smudged on my face.

My zits aren't caused by a "medical condition" either--I just have really oily skin. I just buy jars of Sea Breeze face pads at Wal Mart and use one roughly every hour and always after eating. I still get the occasional zit or two but nowhere near enough to run screaming to TV about having adult acne. My friends sometimes joke about me constantly rubbing my face with the pads but it's a small price to pay for avoiding a breakout. It's kinda become my trademark among them now LOL
My nickname's the assman, because everywhere I go people tell me, "You're an ass, man!"
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 5:08am
I may not have been paying attention before, but it seems they have put "actor portrayal" at random points in the ad. No sh*t actor portrayal, his acting is bad, that's the gripe. It's painfully obvious it's an actor portrayal.
capcentre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote capcentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 12:22am
So where did this little gay kid go to school.  Harvey Milk High?  It's a wonder he doesn't completely queen out with those two girls at the end of the commercial.  He has to be a little more careful with this flaming hand movements or the two girls will catch on to his gayness. 
specialkt View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote specialkt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 12:30am
Originally posted by capcentre capcentre wrote:

So where did this little gay kid go to school.  Harvey Milk High?  It's a wonder he doesn't completely queen out with those two girls at the end of the commercial.  He has to be a little more careful with this flaming hand movements or the two girls will catch on to his gayness. 

cuz we all know being homosexual is the crime of the century
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 1:08am
I kind of like acne scars.

You don't really have to camp out to buy tickets these days because it's called THE INTERNET!
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:49am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

Hey, I'm 57 and will get a zit occasionally.  I wear it proud.  

Yeeeaaa....but teenagers look at things a liiiitttle differently! Wink
BDrums1971 View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDrums1971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 3:55am
Originally posted by capcentre capcentre wrote:

You beat me to it!!!! I get such a kick out of the kid hanging out with the girls at the end. It's so obvious that he's gay, why would he be trying to impress the girls? Or maybe.....it's NOT the girls he's trying to impress! Wink

Either way, I don't think he would be interested in those girls sexually, so maybe this ad is targeted to gay people (which there's nothing wrong with that). I just would have thought to sell their product, they would have played up the boy/girl relationship a little more to get straight guys to buy their stuff.

FebrezeneedstoSTFU View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FebrezeneedstoSTFU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 2:09am
I hope no one hates on me, but I love this commercial.
Unlucky Wren View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unlucky Wren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 3:25am
Originally posted by FebrezeneedstoSTFU FebrezeneedstoSTFU wrote:

I hope no one hates on me, but I love this commercial.

I request you to explain what exactly you like about it. (no, honestly! I'm intrigued!)

My beef with it is the announcer. I have a problem with adults making poor attempts to talk in a way to "relate with the young people of today." You see it in the preteen-aimed magazines written by thirty-something women, and to me it seems like that's what the writers and (painfully) obviously tried to do.
Wait, what?
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2009 at 6:04pm
This ad plays at practically every commercial break on The N (yeah, I watch Degrassi...don't laugh at me). It's gotten to the point where when I hear that announcer say "Day 87...", I scramble for the remote. The same with those ultra long and boring Proactiv ads.
Morgenstern View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgenstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2009 at 12:26am
Originally posted by DolFan 316 DolFan 316 wrote:

I HATED the perfect popular prissy pricks in high school who never got a single zit the entire time!!! Angry Especially since I had a minimum of five on my face on any given day. Sometimes it was so many that certain pics of me as a teen look like I have dirt smudged on my face.

My zits aren't caused by a "medical condition" either--I just have really oily skin. I just buy jars of Sea Breeze face pads at Wal Mart and use one roughly every hour and always after eating. I still get the occasional zit or two but nowhere near enough to run screaming to TV about having adult acne. My friends sometimes joke about me constantly rubbing my face with the pads but it's a small price to pay for avoiding a breakout. It's kinda become my trademark among them now LOL

I never had acne, but I was unpopular anyway. Oh, well.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:29pm
Confused"...and THAT's how Tyler came to his senses...sort of"
Pluuueeaze!!!
THAT kid is as bright as a box of rocks.
...and he's running around 'pitching a tent' in GROCERY STORES?!
I'm thinking he needs to head over to the 'men's products' isle, to pick up some shaving cream and a cheap razor. He's reaching puberty; he's getting whiskers on his fist.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2009 at 7:41pm
This commercial is so annoying!  From the background music which sounds like it's from a 50's sitcom, to that loser kid.  Tyler overacts big time and I'm not even going to get started on that stupid hat he's wearing....bleck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic