Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which would you rather step in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: If you had to pick one or the other, which would you rather step in
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
16 [84.21%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:27pm
Then why do we like the smell of our own, but no one else's?

This is one of the mysteries I hope to have answered before I die.  Or even after.

Sponsored Links

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 8:40pm
I can't speak for anyone else, Thor, but I can tell you this... I don't like the smell of my own either. I'll tolerate it for as long as necessary, but I don't enjoy it in the least.

Now my own farts are a different story.... I inhale those with gusto.

I think the big "mystery" behind enjoying the smell of "one's own" (whatever it may be) vs. the smell of "someone else's", is that one tends to imagine the odor going inside one's nose as if it had actual physical contact with someone else's crap, or in the case of gas, had been inside someone else's colon.

Nobody wants to have anything that emanated from someone else's bowels or feces entering the inner sanctum of their bodily orifices. Especially one that's smack dab in the middle of their face & right above their mouth.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 12:26am

Big%20smile  Fresh from the photo editing department....

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, Thor, but I can tell you this... I don't like the smell of my own either. I'll tolerate it for as long as necessary, but I don't enjoy it in the least.

Now my own farts are a different story.... I inhale those with gusto.

I think the big "mystery" behind enjoying the smell of "one's own" (whatever it may be) vs. the smell of "someone else's", is that one tends to imagine the odor going inside one's nose as if it had actual physical contact with someone else's crap, or in the case of gas, had been inside someone else's colon.

Nobody wants to have anything that emanated from someone else's bowels or feces entering the inner sanctum of their bodily orifices. Especially one that's smack dab in the middle of their face & right above their mouth.

Good enough.

Yes, my own farts are quite pleasurable.  Kind of my own aromatherapy.  When I cut one, I never know what kind it's going to be.  Rich, pungent, light, meaty, the smell of last week's cooked cabbage---one never knows.

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 5:45am
I'd rather step in gum - dog shiit is rather stinky even if you can just douche off your shoe with the garden hose after the misstep.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 6:16am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yes, my own farts are quite pleasurable.  Kind of my own aromatherapy.  When I cut one, I never know what kind it's going to be.  Rich, pungent, light, meaty, the smell of last week's cooked cabbage---one never knows.

Sadly, my farts hardly ever smell anymore.

Sad, sad, sad.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 3:04pm
They say that happens to vegetarians, but I don't think you're one of those.  LOL
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 4:11pm
I'm a vegetarian about 1% of the time I spend eating.

Oddly enough, I fart constantly, but I just don't get the kinds of delightful, pungent aromas out of them that I used to.

And I'm certain of it because I always fan them towrads my nose with my hand.

Maybe it's because I don't eat enough vegetables.

Or maybe there's something wrong with my olfactory.

C'mon, man!
SuperGoatMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoatMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:06pm
I've stepped in both.
The gum grossed me out.
I mean, I was wearing SANDALS and everything. It stuck to my ankle when I tried to peel it off. Yech.
www.mecpublications.com
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:20pm

Oddly enough, I fart constantly, but I just don't get the kinds of delightful, pungent aromas out of them that I used to.

I think you should see a doctor.  Life's too short to miss out on such pleasures.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:31pm
Or maybe eat stinkier food.

C'mon, man!
SuperGoatMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoatMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:35pm

I think you should see a doctor.  Life's too short to miss out on such pleasures.

And if you do, *please* record that conversation. Tongue
www.mecpublications.com
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:40pm

Think I'll make an appointment with a proctologist.

His office is located right down the block from here...

C'mon, man!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:51pm

I used to go to a proctologist that was an amateur ventriloquist.  Made for some fun appointments.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:54pm
You could blast some of this after every fart, but it would be false, and ultimately, very unsatisfying.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 8:02pm
That would be the equivalent of drinking diet soda with artificial sweetner.

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 11:21pm
Or farting it....
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 11:26pm
My problem would be the diet soda I'd fart would be "Squirt".
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 11:39pm
Oh, I hate it when that happens......

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 12:36am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

My problem would be the diet soda I'd fart would be "Squirt".

Better than Red Bull.

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 12:38am
LOL Back to poop and gum...if I had to choose it would have to be gum.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 12:44am
Or Dr. "Pooper"
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 2:45am
Dr. Pooper can partner up with Dr. Natura.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 2:48am
7-Out
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 2:54am

Mountain Dew-Do.  Fresca-ca.  Diet Poopsie.  Tongue

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic