Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which would you rather step in?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: If you had to pick one or the other, which would you rather step in
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
16 [84.21%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which would you rather step in?
    Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:50pm
This stems from a comment made recently by Madawee; I forget which thread.

Sponsored Links

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:01pm
Gum, definitely.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:03pm
Gum.

As long as it's not "Dog Crap" gum.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:23pm
I honestly can't decide! Both are disgusting. Get a hot day and a long stretchy wad of gum wrapped around your shoe which needs to be chiseled off, then man, that's pretty bad. Worse, if it's a canvas sneaker. I mean, ditto with dog poop, but for all intents and purposes, a dog's butt is a butt. Lord knows what kind of pie hole spat out that gum on the ground.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:53pm
Dog crap definitely.  Unless the dog was chewing gum, it comes off easier. (as Jimbo may have alluded).
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:35pm
Stepping in dog crap is better if you're wearing smooth-soled shoes.  In fact, I rather enjoy it.  It's like finding out that a really suck-ass mistake you just made has no actual repercussions.  You just wipe it off on the grass, and it's gone.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:44pm
Of course stepping in YOUR dog's crap that has since died and you still have the shoes is the best. 

My wife still goes, "I still think Molly is with us somehow"...

I'll never tell her that my shoes are in her closet...Wink
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 10:52pm
Did you really do that, Hoot?

A woman I used to know found a hairball behind the stove from a cat of hers that had just died, and she kept it as a memento.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 11:04pm
I keep pictures of Daphne, not her hairballs.Ermm

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 11:36pm
Poop.
Poop washes off. Sticky gum, you need to actually touch and yank the crap off.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:19am
Thor, no, but I did just find one of Molly's dog biscuits this weekend.  I dropped my cell phone down the couch and had to turn it over to find it.  Out popped the biscuit.  She started to hide them in her old age.  Made me kinda sad to see it.  My wife took it and who know what she's going to do with it.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 1:39am
This all reminds me of Timothy Treadwell, that guy who lived among Grizzlies in Alaska.  In the documentary, there's a scene of him coming across a pile of bear crap, falling to his knees, and practically worshipping the stuff.  I swear I saw him take a little nibble.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 2:16am

Isn't he the one who ended up taping himself getting mauled to death?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:26am
GUM!   HATE the smell o' poop!    Dead 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 9:58am

Gum, as long as it isn't that partially-digested blob in the middle of a doggy diarrhea-puddle.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Isn't he the one who ended up taping himself getting mauled to death?

Yup.  I think there's even audio of his and his girlfriend's actual death out there.  I see Youtube removed it from at least one video it was used in.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

GUM!   HATE the smell o' poop!    Dead 

Even your own??!!  Shocked

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 2:35pm
I gotta admit, though...I'd rather step in dog crap than human crap.  Before you say "When would that ever happen?", let me say I lived in San Francisco for years.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I gotta admit, though...I'd rather step in dog crap than human crap.  Before you say "When would that ever happen?", let me say I lived in San Francisco for years.  LOL

It's interesting that even though we consider ourselves to be the highest beings on Earth, we are so much more disgusted by the excrement of our own kind than that of the "lesser" animals.

I remember reading somewhere that some American politician at some official function or meeting, possibly at the U.N., at which Nikita Khrushchev was present, was making a point about his humble beginnings by proclaiming that, in his youth he had to shovel horse sh*t, to which Khrushchev shot back... "I shoveled human sh*t!!!"

Talk about one upsmanship.... Pinch

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:06pm
Yeah, I don't know why that is. 

Part of it might be for the same reason that baby crap and puke doesn't bother us as much as adult crap and puke.  Maybe it's the cuteness factor.  Like animals, babies are cute and helpless, and somehow this makes their crap cuter or something.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:12pm
The more I think about it, maybe it's exactly because "we consider ourselves to be the highest beings on Earth, we are so much more disgusted by the excrement of our own kind than that of the "lesser" animals."  Maybe despite thinking of ourselves as the highest beings on earth, the fact that we still have to take dumps reminds us that we're not that evolved, and therefore, it flies in the face of our self-importance, and disgusts us.

In other words, we might enjoy discussing abstract expressionism over sushi or a bottle of fine wine, but in the end, we'll still hafta take a dump.
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:14pm
"sh*t happens"
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:26pm

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 4:28pm

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

The more I think about it, maybe it's exactly because "we consider ourselves to be the highest beings on Earth, we are so much more disgusted by the excrement of our own kind than that of the "lesser" animals."  Maybe despite thinking of ourselves as the highest beings on earth, the fact that we still have to take dumps reminds us that we're not that evolved, and therefore, it flies in the face of our self-importance, and disgusts us.

In other words, we might enjoy discussing abstract expressionism over sushi or a bottle of fine wine, but in the end, we'll still hafta take a dump.

Or it could just be that our crap is grosser & stinks worse than every other kind.

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic