Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Comcast with Shaq and Ben Stein

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Comcast with Shaq and Ben Stein
    Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:51am
This commercial irks me no end. Does Ben Stein always talk this unintelligibly?The way he says whatever he is saying after "and we're handcuffed together"- makes him sound falldown drunk and/or ready to slip into a coma. Does Comcast really think this is going to entice me to subscribe to their service?!
Sponsored Links

Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:51am
Ben Sheiss, I mean Stein, is a washed up nobody and his 15 minutes of fame were over years ago.   He's only famous for two words: "Bueller, Bueller".
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 2:13pm
I'm just amazed at how big O'Neill is.  You don't often get to see him standing next to average people.  It's not that he's just a lot taller, he's all-'round HUGE!
sharonite View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sharonite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 10:52pm
I find this one kind of entertaining.  But I think Ben Stein is really overhyped.
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Stacy Stacy wrote:

This commercial irks me no end. Does Ben Stein always talk this unintelligibly?The way he says whatever he is saying after "and we're handcuffed together"- makes him sound falldown drunk and/or ready to slip into a coma. Does Comcast really think this is going to entice me to subscribe to their service?!

Yep, he usually talks like he's about to go (or send everyone around him) into a coma. It was funny in 1986, but it got old fast.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 11:49pm
Would have been funnier if Shaq was chained to Dr. Phil (like in Scary Movie....)
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:35am
Originally posted by Cornholio Cornholio wrote:

Ben Sheiss, I mean Stein, is a washed up nobody and his 15 minutes of fame were over years ago.   He's only famous for two words: "Bueller, Bueller".

He was actually a speech writer and lawyer for Nixon.  That makes me dislike him intensely.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 5:28pm
WO-O-O-O-W-W-W-W!Tongue
Cornholio View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornholio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

He was actually a speech writer and lawyer for Nixon.  That makes me dislike him intensely.

He's also an outspoken conser... DICKHEAD, but I didn't want to bring politics into the topic.    Last fall he compared Obama's speech at a stadium to the Nazis, plus he's been in the news for being a 'Creationist supporter'.   Those two things alone are bad enough, plus he's a Nixon fan. What a sleaze!
BDCwriter View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BDCwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2009 at 5:00pm

Shaq-n-Stein! I'll bet these guys were inseparable on and off set during production, prompting Ben to friend Shaq on MySpace so they could keep in touch afterwardWink.

bluenowait View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluenowait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:45am
You know you've hit rock bottom when your former sidekick has a better career than you do.
t(ò_ót) Double Deuce!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2009 at 3:58am

What about his Clear Eyes Ads?  Dead  LOL

"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:34am

He's also an outspoken conser... DICKHEAD, but I didn't want to bring politics into the topic.    Last fall he compared Obama's speech at a stadium to the Nazis, plus he's been in the news for being a 'Creationist supporter'.   Those two things alone are bad enough, plus he's a Nixon fan. What a sleaze!

"We’ve come to be consumed by a 24-hour, slash-and-burn, negative ad, bickering, small-minded politics that doesn’t move us forward...Politics has become so bitter and partisan...that we can't tackle the big problems that demand solutions." -- Barack Obama

Hundreds of threads killed.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2009 at 6:18am
I agree that Ben Stein sounds drunk.  It's an awful commercial.
mbaker View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 5:28pm
Comcast is really starting to suck now. Their 'basic cable' package is crap, and you have to upgrade to the 'premium' package to get anything decent. It's bad enough that Ben Stein has to be Shaq's 'back pack' since Johnny Bravo isn't available, but now they had to bring in E! gossip c**t, Giuliana Rancic into one of their ads!
If it's got wings, i can crash it!
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 8:27pm
Not to mention in the latest ads, Ben sounds like he had throat cancer to start with.....
Synesthesia View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synesthesia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:21am

[QUOTE=FaithSF]
[QUOTE=Cornholio]   Last fall he compared Obama's speech at a stadium to the Nazis,

He's JEWISH! He should know better than that! Nazi comparisons are totally uncalled for. Dead
Is this love big enough to watch over me?
Big enough to let go of me
Without hurting me,
Like the day I learned to swim?-Kate Bush The Fog
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:38am
Originally posted by mbaker mbaker wrote:

Comcast is really starting to suck now. Their 'basic cable' package is crap, and you have to upgrade to the 'premium' package to get anything decent. It's bad enough that Ben Stein has to be Shaq's 'back pack' since Johnny Bravo isn't available, but now they had to bring in E! gossip c**t, Giuliana Rancic into one of their ads!

Thank you mbaker, I had no idea who that hideous skank was. Now I know it's Giuliana Rancic, and is she ever repulsive.
One man gathers what another man spills
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 12:47pm
Just wait until after today when Comcast owns NBC.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Yeah, I heard about that, that would SUCK! Dead

I always remember Ben Stein as the Clear Eyes spokesman and the host of Ben Stein s Win Ben Stein's Money always have always will. 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

Originally posted by RichardCranium RichardCranium wrote:

Yeah, I heard about that, that would SUCK! Dead

From what I have read it is a done deal.

So it DOES SUCK.

Fúck Comcast!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic