Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Healthy Choice food flying out her mouth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Healthy Choice food flying out her mouth
    Posted: 23 Apr 2009 at 11:30pm

OH MY GOD what the hell are these companies thinking.  I actually just saw a healthy choice commercial where this lady is sitting at a table with another lady and she is talking and food is flying out of her mouth.  This is disgusting !

What on gods earth are these companies thinking.
Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 12:25am
It's Julia Louis-Dreyfus (a comedian) and it's a joke.

They're talking about her being a spokesperson for the food, alluding to Marie Osmond and Valerie Bertinelli as high-profile weight loss spokesmodels.  They don't mention them by name, but it's pretty obvious.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 12:46am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

They're talking about her being a spokesperson for the food, alluding to Marie Osmond and Valerie Bertinelli as high-profile weight loss spokesmodels.  They don't mention them by name, but it's pretty obvious.

A male comic is a comedian.  A female comic is a comedianette.  Or a comedianess.  Or a comedianessettina-ette.

The commercial seems good for her.  She's good when she acts maybe a little off and awkward.  Like when she tried to dance at the company party on Seinfeld.

Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 1:00am
"This lady"

How's cave-life, Yiffy?  LOL
alex9152 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex9152 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

A male comic is a comedian.  A female comic is a comedianette.  Or a comedianess.  Or a comedianessettina-ette.

Comedienne?
Yiffy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 2:45am
Ah let me correct myself then, I have very good eating manners in front of people so let me back up and really say what I meant.   This barbarian  in a commercial spits food out in front of the whole country to see in a disgraceful manner.   Better hoot man?
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 3:02am
Of course, I'm better, thanks...
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 3:07am
I didn't see food flying out of Julia Louis-Dreyfus's mouth I think you're talking about a DIFFERENT ad.

IT SOUNDS DISGUSTING!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 3:03am
This is a disgusting ad!  I don't remember food flying out of her mouth, but I do remember that she was talking while her mouth was full of food, and I wanted to barf.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 6:02pm
They may have re-done it.  When the first one came out with JLD, she had spinach or something falling out of her mouth.  Not really flying, but a hunk may have gone airborne.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 9:01pm
WHAAT is the DEEEAAAAL with THIIIISSS LAAAAAADYYYY and her TAAAABLE MANNNNERRRS?ShockedLOL
deafdog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2009 at 11:01pm
Well, are you going to post the video?   Jeez!

There are times when she is strangely attractive:

I have that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 12:02am
"Hi, I'm Julia-Louis Elaine Christine. Try new Healthy Choice 'Boogery-Looking Green Clumps of Something'...now available in extra mushy style! ITH THUH BETTHHT SDUFF EBVUHR!"
DolFan 316 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DolFan 316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 11:00pm

The commercial seems good for her.  She's good when she acts maybe a little off and awkward.  Like when she tried to dance at the company party on Seinfeld.

It's comedienne, but something tells me Thor knew that and was trying to be a comedian himself Wink

And that dance was hi-larious. Then again Seinfeld is my all-time favorite TV show. It's a shame none of them have done anything of note since then.
My nickname's the assman, because everywhere I go people tell me, "You're an ass, man!"
ThatOneAdWhere... View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatOneAdWhere... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2009 at 11:20pm
That's just disgusting to watch.
TheNilvarg View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNilvarg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2009 at 1:19am

Uhh, no. A female comedian is a "comedienne".
madisonpeach View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madisonpeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2009 at 12:06am
I LOVE that commercial, lol. The food, you'll notice, is actually not flying out her mouth, but sticking to her lips. Still gross, but significantly less so than what I was envisioning when I read the description. Also, if they're really eating together like this, Julia is going to be finished in like 30 seconds, and then have to watch Jane enviously as she eats like a normal person.
Snesgamer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snesgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 1:36am
Joke or not, it's disgusting enough to make me want to reach through the TV and smack her.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2009 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by DolFan 316 DolFan 316 wrote:

It's comedienne, but something tells me Thor knew that and was trying to be a comedian himself Wink

And that dance was hi-larious. Then again Seinfeld is my all-time favorite TV show. It's a shame none of them have done anything of note since then.

Yeah.  Just making a little (very little) joke there.  I know the word is "comedienne".  Hell, I worked at a comedy club in SF for 5 years, and knew or met my share of famous comedians and "comediennes", including Seinfeld.  But I didn't know one comedienne who ever referred to herself as "comedienne".

Actually, male or female, they often just refer to themselves as "comics".

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic