Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home Drug Test radio ad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Home Drug Test radio ad
    Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 4:11am
I hope I'm putting this in the right forum because I like this commercial. There's a new ad, I'm not sure if it's local, for some kind of home drug test that is cracking me up. When it starts out, you think it's going to be a PSA, because it starts out with a mom asking her son if he does drugs. Of course he says no. Then the mom starts rattling off a list of every drug name you can think of, and probably some she made up, and the teenage boy keeps saying no. Then the announcer starts advertising the drug test with cuts of the mom and boy going back and forth. Absolutely hillarious.
This is your brain on commercials.
Sponsored Links

Ad Endless Nauseum View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad Endless Nauseum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 9:31am
Yeah, except that I've heard this thing about forty thousand times now, and I think that is just about enough!!!Dead
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Defense de fumer et de cracher

A message brought to you by this station and the Ad Council.
keyboardplayer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyboardplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2009 at 7:55pm
I've just heard it twice, but I'm sure WSM will play it to death. They tend to do that, but I have satellite radio, so I can switch if they start getting annoying.
This is your brain on commercials.
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:27am
For the 1st 20 times I did laugh when the mom used the term "Disco Biscuits". I'm not sure if it's a real term for drugs but I think it sounds pretty funny.
Prometheus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:42am
Ah, the "home drug test"...the single most-effective way to alienate your children with the most effective means of humiliation. Not only to they despise you for continually invading their privacy with unfounded accusations, now you can sink the final nail in the coffin of any relationship with your children by demanding that they submit to a drug test. How better a way can one find to make them start using drugs as soon as they are out of the house! At least this will drive them to alcohol instead, which is better because it's not an illegal drug, right?

And we wonder where children like the shooters at "Columbine" come from....Serial killers aren't born, they are made, and this is an ideal tool to get the ball rolling in that direction. I find no humor in that. None at all.

The most morally-centered use for these tests if to see if you will pass a drug test from your job. Using this as a "patch-kit" for your parenting skills is not a solution.
Immune to all forms of marketing since 1976!
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2009 at 7:32pm
Hear, Hear! If my parents had ever done this to me, I would had been so angry and humiliated. Parents need to LEARN TO PARENT instead of relying on drug tests, V-Chips, GPS-tracking cell phones, and all that crap. My parents didn't use any of that and I turned out pretty well. It's just laziness.

Originally posted by Prometheus Prometheus wrote:

Ah, the "home drug test"...the single most-effective way to alienate your children with the most effective means of humiliation. Not only to they despise you for continually invading their privacy with unfounded accusations, now you can sink the final nail in the coffin of any relationship with your children by demanding that they submit to a drug test. How better a way can one find to make them start using drugs as soon as they are out of the house! At least this will drive them to alcohol instead, which is better because it's not an illegal drug, right?

And we wonder where children like the shooters at "Columbine" come from....Serial killers aren't born, they are made, and this is an ideal tool to get the ball rolling in that direction. I find no humor in that. None at all.

The most morally-centered use for these tests if to see if you will pass a drug test from your job. Using this as a "patch-kit" for your parenting skills is not a solution.
Prometheus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 9:24am
Amen brother....amen...
Immune to all forms of marketing since 1976!
CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2009 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

For the 1st 20 times I did laugh when the mom used the term "Disco Biscuits". I'm not sure if it's a real term for drugs but I think it sounds pretty funny.

http://discobiscuits.com

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 2:58pm
If parents suspect that their kid is into drugs and alcohol, they should use the test to verify/allay their suspicions.  Whether it pleases the kid or not, is of little importance.

Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 3:02pm
Yeah because how did parents keep their kids from doing drugs for all those hundreds of years before we had a home drug test? If a kid's going to use drugs, they're going to do it. If not when they're home, they'll wait until they are living alone and bitter from the prison that was their parents' house and probably take massive amounts of drugs just to spite them.

Communication is what keeps kids off of drugs, not threats of being tested.

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

If parents suspect that their kid is into drugs and alcohol, they should use the test to verify/allay their suspicions.  Whether it pleases the kid or not, is of little importance.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 3:19pm
Duffin, drug use is a relatively new phenomenon.  Sure, there were always drugs, but it wasn't until the 1960's that they started to become a serious societal problem.

Communication is not always the problem.  Kids are always going to see what they can get away with, and will probably experiment with some things.  Most kids get through it, but many get carried away.  Try to look at it from a parent's viewpoint.  What would you do if you see your kid going downhill?  Do you just throw up your hands and say "Oh I was a bad parent, and there's nothing I can do now".  Parenting doesn't end when your kid turns 13.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 3:28pm
C'mon! 'Peer Pressure' has a bit to do with kids getting into drugs.
'Communication', of course, is critical - but it will not stop a bad decision.
We cannot eliminate temptation; we CAN 'eliminate' the providers (so as to structure society as we believe it should be). Sure - we can, and should without regret, 'remove' those that do no more than live to feed off of the weakness, or ignorance, of their fellow man. Hopefully, I do not need to explain that.
People screw up; not EVERYONE is a 'LEADER'; many are destined to be 'followers'; 'lemmings' - human nature comes into play and no matter how very hard we may try, no matter what we, as parents may do...our kids will make their own decisions. They will find SOMETHING to 'fill in the blanks'. Guess I call it "Life" - we all have lived it; no choice! We too were once kids - we had our own temptations and evils - we made our own choices. Some of us were not 'sheltered' - yet, were 'raised right' and possibly even made our very own mistakes. At least we recognize our mistakes. Maybe we need help in recognizing theirs...maybe we're not as good as we used to be at knowing if the next person we see, we talk to, is currently in an 'altered state'.
Maybe we ourselves, are a tad "Drain Bamaged"...
I've got nothing against the ad.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Duffin View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 4:36pm
I think it would be more accurate to say drug "abuse" is a fairly new phenomenon as every culture has had its share of drug use, usually for spiritual purposes, going back hundreds of years.
Anyway, what would I do? Come up with something that wouldn't alienate my child further for me by subjecting them to a home drug test. I'm not a parent, so I don't know WHAT I would do, but think about this: if your kid IS using drugs...what good is a drug test going to do, really? If you suspect them of doing it, knowing for certain isn't going to change anything. If they're that far downhill that you can't simply talk to them about it, then a drug test isn't going to do a damn thing. They'll be liable to just run away from home or worse at that point.
And if it turns out they're NOT using drugs, then you've just humiliated and angered your child for no reason.

Duffin, drug use is a relatively new phenomenon.  Sure, there were always drugs, but it wasn't until the 1960's that they started to become a serious societal problem.

Communication is not always the problem.  Kids are always going to see what they can get away with, and will probably experiment with some things.  Most kids get through it, but many get carried away.  Try to look at it from a parent's viewpoint.  What would you do if you see your kid going downhill?  Do you just throw up your hands and say "Oh I was a bad parent, and there's nothing I can do now".  Parenting doesn't end when your kid turns 13.

CatWoman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatWoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 7:25pm

I agree.  If not the home drug test, take them to the family physician and get blood work done.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2009 at 7:25pm

Duffin, drug use is a relatively new phenomenon.  Sure, there were always drugs, but it wasn't until the 1960's that they started to become a serious societal problem...

LOLHOOOORSESSSSSHIIT, WILBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess 'Opium Dens' just were not a problem, now were they? LOL

That is simply so very wrong, Thor - and YOU know it!...or, well, I guess you can get a 'Pass' should you have forgotten about "White Slavery". Anyone understand the term 'Shanghaied'? Maybe anyone from Seattle or San Francisco? And that is only the FIRST example that comes to mind...often had something to do with drugs & booze, I THINK!

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
The Mad Gasser View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Mad Gasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2009 at 9:19pm
The kid sounds like mom is quizzing him if he masturbates or something.
RichardCranium View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardCranium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2009 at 11:02am
Actually the kid sounds high while she's drilling him! "No...no...no...what? Maybe... I mean 'no'!"

And my favorites are the "Carnival Barker Bumper Blips" and "Shabu-Shabu" (sp?).
Grant View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 4:19pm
[QUOTE=RichardCranium]Actually the kid sounds high while she's drilling him! "No...no...no...what? Maybe... I mean 'no'!"

I've never heard it, but it sounds like the famous "Rabbit Season / Duck Season" routine in the Looney Tunes, where you can easily trick someone into saying either yes or no. And maybe that's exactly what could happen in a conversation like that. By the time the parent got to the 10th or so drug n the list, they might get a "yes" when it isn't even true!
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2009 at 7:21pm
Sounds to me that the mother must have been a real party girl if she knows the names of all those drugs.
pklar87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pklar87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:54am
My mother tried to make me take a drug test when i was 17 because I was in a deep state of depression and she didn't know what was wrong. I told her to F off and didn't talk to her for atleast 3 weeks. I didn't even do drugs at the time but a month later I was smoking weed just to piss her off.... The best anti-depressant on earth. Oh I was so rebellious back in the day.
carlin7386 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlin7386 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:47am
thanx for sharing...........
--------------------------
http://www.soberrecovery.com
terrycherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrycherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 3:21pm
Hi can somebody PLEASE post the audio or video of this commercial..i m trying to find it all over..no one knows what im talking about...Thanks...
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 3:37pm

Probably not the radio ad.

terrycherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrycherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 5:14pm
Hi Thanks..but that's not it..its the one with the mom naming all the drugs,wish I coulg give you more info but the original posting NAILS it..hopefully KEYBOARD player sees it and still has a link...Thanks..T
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 6:24pm
I credit the D.A.R.E. program in elementary school and health class from middle and high school for keeping me away from alcohol abuse and drugs!

TO THIS DAY I have not smoked, injected, inhaled, ANY illegal drugs OR abuse ANY alcohol.

I know THE RISKS!!!! I DON'T wanna tempt them.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic