Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Radio Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Home Drug Test radio ad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 6:55pm
Alcohol!
Sponsored Links

terrycherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrycherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 1:11am
Glad to hear that...maybe KEYBOARDPLAYER will see the convo and post a link...good luck...T
Papa Lazarou View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec
Formerly Codtaro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papa Lazarou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:31am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I credit the D.A.R.E. program in elementary school and health class from middle and high school for keeping me away from alcohol abuse and drugs!

TO THIS DAY I have not smoked, injected, inhaled, ANY illegal drugs OR abuse ANY alcohol.

I know THE RISKS!!!! I DON'T wanna tempt them.
Pretty much the opposite occurred over here; the programme was such a stupid and contrived theatrically over-the-top appeal-to-youth that I could never take it seriously. And then, when you got into the side of things where the kids a year or two above could pretty much answer questions better than any of the videos/handouts/travelling speakers and point out all the wrong stuff in the presentations, it became even moreso.

I'll partake of weed if someone I'm with has some to spare and offers it, but I don't see much to it and don't really feel any need or desire to go seeking it out. As for the harder stuff, as one of my favourite teachers said, it's not so much any issue with the drug itself (because those are relatively rare, often) but rather the fact that some 12 year old is making this stuff in their basement rather than some properly trained person who knows chemistry and science and such. Why even sample when it'll be 80% baby powder, fertilizer and clearisil?

As for the idea that drug use/abuse is relatively new...I'd say hardly. We had cocaine herion and morphine and the like available like bubblegum is today. There was the huge social crisis with opium. Addiction as a treatable illness was something that came about in the 60's, but addiction itself was recognized in some form for decades, even centuries before. The only difference is that in those times they were seen as weak-willed, sinners, demonically possessed, or whatever variant best suited.
Banana!
BANANA!!
BANANA!!!
BANANA!!
Banana!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by terrycherry terrycherry wrote:

Glad to hear that...maybe KEYBOARDPLAYER will see the convo and post a link...good luck...T
Welcome to the forum.
Considering KEYBOARDPLAYER started this thread in 2009, 7 years ago.
Has not visited the site since 12/2012, a response from that member is not likely.
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 9:00pm
Actually looking back, it wasn't exactly due to the D.A.R.E. program it was the horror stories of people doing drugs, and what it did to their bodies. I would concur that it was THAT not the D.A.R.E. program. It was misinterpreting of my memories.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic