Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAM commercial with cupcakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aleen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PAM commercial with cupcakes
    Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 7:43pm
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this awful commercial yet.  The commercial shows Mom preparing cupcakes to serve to a group of kids shouting "CUPCAKES CUPCAKES CUPCAKES!!!"  The first scenario presented is one of what would happen if Mom hadn't used PAM to spray the cupcake pan.  Mom presents a messy, crumbly, poorly frosted mess and the kids look at it and start to shout "RE-DO RE-DO RE-DO!!!"  But thankfully, Mom used PAM, so that situation would never arise. 

I hate to be subjected to commercials that make me feel as though I need to get on some sort of moral high horse about how children should behave, but COME ON.
"Did somebody say 'muffins?'" Hazel from the Magic Bullet infomercial
Sponsored Links

Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 7:59pm
Isn't that what those paper cup cake liner things are for? I've never made cupcakes without them, it's just way easier then say, using Pam...
Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 8:07pm
Yes, that is exactly what they're for. I used to work in a bakery. We never used PAM. We always used those paper things - otherwise the cupcakes or muffins or whatever it is get too greasy and customers get turned off by that.
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 8:10pm
They're playing on the woman's fear that the kids would reject her pile of frosted cupcake fragments.  (They show that part as her imagining it.)

In reality, the kids would probably be psyched about it, because they're boys.  LOL

The moms, who happen to be around, would be the judgmental ones.

Also, for what it's worth, as long as the pan is greased and floured properly, they come out of the baking pan just fine.  It's a huge pain to do that for cupcakes, which is why people usually use those paper liners.  It would probably be easier with a spray, but if it were me I'd go for that Baker's Joy stuff, which flours as well.

Or better yet, use the paper liners.

Stupid commercial.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 12:22am
OMG!  Horrible, rewarding bad behavior again, I haven't seen it in TV....yet! Thumbs%20Down
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 12:27am
I made a cake today.  I used some spray oil stuff that I got at Big Lots for $1.

FYI...the cake is chocolate, to which I added chocolate chips and malt powder.  Tongue

Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:22am
After they start in with their chanting I'd like to see the mom shout back "PARTY CANCELLED! PARTY CANCELLED! GO HOME! GO HOME!"

...leave the presents of course.
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 2:15am
Miserable, ungrateful spawn!!!Angry Those little bastards would get a piece of my mind to feed on! NOT cupcakes!
Thor, was your cake yummy?Approve
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 2:35am
Yes.  Next time, I'll use more malt.  Somehow, whenever I add flavoring to a cake, it kinda gets lost.  I've tried mint extract and orange extract, and same thing.  Flavoring works much better in icing.

And the cake came out of the pan just fine, thanks to that spray stuff.  I wouldn't care much if it didn't though.  It's not like I'm 8 and require cake to be pretty with gummy bears and sprinkles on top.  If I was the lady in that commercial, I'd say "Shut up and don't complain, kids.  It's cake.  Eat it."

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:09am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I made a cake today.  I used some spray oil stuff that I got at Big Lots for $1.

FYI...the cake is chocolate, to which I added chocolate chips and malt powder.  Tongue

Thor...you can dust your buttered/sprayed/lubed up/  pans with cocoa powder instead of flour for your chocolate cakes.  Mmmm!  Wink
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:12am
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

In reality, the kids would probably be psyched about it, because they're boys.  LOL

I was thinking the same thing. Just throw some gummy worms in it and call it "dirt". Little kids love stuff like that.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Thor...you can dust your buttered/sprayed/lubed up/  pans with cocoa powder instead of flour for your chocolate cakes.  Mmmm!  Wink

I'll try that.  The spray oil thing is just so damned easy!  LOL

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:20am
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

That's a nice tip Spicy, I'll keep that in mind the next time I bake.Thumbs%20Up
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:30am

I use those disposable aluminum baking dishes that you get at the Dollar Tree.  I use 'em to bake anything that needs to be baked---cakes, lasagne, meatloaf, etc.  'Cept I've been using the same pans now for 6 years.  They're pretty battered at this point, but they work, so I see no good reason to toss 'em.  Plus, I'm cheap.  LOL

Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:44am

I use those disposable aluminum baking dishes that you get at the Dollar Tree.  I use 'em to bake anything that needs to be baked---cakes, lasagne, meatloaf, etc.  'Cept I've been using the same pans now for 6 years.  They're pretty battered at this point, but they work, so I see no good reason to toss 'em.  Plus, I'm cheap.  LOL

Well in about 20 years we can blame all your "creative" posts here on Alzheimers.  TongueLOLWink
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 5:00am

Who are you and what were we talking about? 

And where the hell am I, anyway?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic