Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

T-Mobile:"She thinks you're super delicious"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kajeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T-Mobile:"She thinks you're super delicious"
    Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 1:30am

I hate this commercial and i find it disturbing.It is about this single dad with his three daughters and they're telling him about hooking him up with someones grandma and then the girl at the end is like "she thinks your super delicious". I rather watch the charles barkley and dwyane wade ads, and i hate those also.                                                        

"If we don't watch the commercials it's like were stealing tv"- Homer Simpson
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 1:42am
I always get confused what she always said, does that mean he's dating someone's grandma??WTF?Shocked
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I always get confused what she always said, does that mean he's dating someone's grandma??WTF?Shocked

I think it was about telling someone's grandma their dad was single, and after saying the super delicious line, he decides it's worth while. Besides the whole dad dating someone's grandma sub plot, I can't stand the random 3rd child. It reminds me of the movie "The Perfect Man" with Hillary Duff. It has that random, nerdy glasses kids for no reason. I don't want to catch any flack here, but I think she was put in just because she's contrasting. They make it pretty obvious she's "different" then the other sisters.
rosynyc View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosynyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:28am
The nerdy glasses girl reminds me of Abigail Breslin's character in Little Miss Sunshine, although a very poor imitation.
Revolennon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolennon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 1:49am
I've had my fill of random, monotone, overly sarcastic phone commercial families.  Why are they always so flippin annoying!!! 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 2:04am
This is a very disturbing commercial - I have major problems with it.
WHY are his daughters trying to "hook him up" with their friend's GRANDMA?!
MUCH LESS, WHY is he wondering what she looks like?
Why not skip the subliminal B.S. and cut to the chase?

"...yeaaaa, o.k. girls! How many wrinkles does she have around her waistline?! C'mon now - tell Daddy!"

This is too soon after other true ugly events.

Makes me wonder if 'Daddy' is Austrian... 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:45am
typing from memory......I think she said

"So I shouldn't tell Kathy to her grandma that you're available?"

Is that what she said?

I f**king HATE how she says it so damn fast,grrrrrrrrrr slow the f**k down, girl. geez!!!!!!
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
SexxyMichelle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Lexxy Welles again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexxyMichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:52am
Whoever wrote the script for this commercial needs to experience having a small animal removed from his butt. I am wondering if Vince Shalomski came up with the Super Delicious line. Your Gonna Love My Squirrel !!
kushiro View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kushiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 11:23am
Sorry, but I just have to ask:

She thinks my super delicious WHAT?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by kushiro kushiro wrote:

Sorry, but I just have to ask:

She thinks my super delicious WHAT?

Now, their, their, Kushiro.  LOL

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:34pm
I had wondered if we'd get to the second page before someone made a spelling comment, in the title.

LOL

OK so in related news:
Oprah visited the Yearning for Zion "compound" on her show yesterday.  It's the fundamentalist mormon community that was raided last year, on suspicion of child abuse/ forced underage marriages.

Practically everyone there had a cell phone.

THAT would make an interesting commercial scene.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
kushiro View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kushiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:54pm
Yearning for Zion Ranch underaged teen: "Stop talking to your friends about me."
YFZ Ranch teen's dad: "So I shouldn't tell Warren Jeffs you're available?"
YFZ Ranch teen's mom: "He thinks you're super delicious."
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by kushiro kushiro wrote:

Yearning for Zion Ranch underaged teen: "Stop talking to your friends about me."
YFZ Ranch teen's dad: "So I shouldn't tell Warren Jeffs you're available?"
YFZ Ranch teen's mom: "He thinks you're super delicious."

Hey K...aren't you supposed to say that with an accent? Should it be 'Yearning for Zion Raunch'?
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
kushiro View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kushiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 4:00pm
zing!
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 12:47am
I really hate that commercial too!
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 1:11am
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

This is a very disturbing commercial - I have major problems with it.
WHY are his daughters trying to "hook him up" with their friend's GRANDMA?!
MUCH LESS, WHY is he wondering what she looks like?

Hear, Hear!!! Agree totally, this commercial has really sick undertones, overtones, and most tones in between.

Plus, this thing is being way overexposed.
Hundreds of threads killed.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 2:09am
Dad should ask the daughter, "She thinks I'm super-delicious???  Well, am I, honey?  Do you think I'm super-delicious, too?"

Mr.Wattles View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Wattles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 4:36am

Wireless provider ads have been getting increasingly disturbing in the past year or so, they keep trying to come up with newer, better, wittier, cooler, catchier ideas and they're failing miserably. The once good ones (like the creepy boys in the hotel hallway...) are now really sucky (grouchy bastard on train getting pissed that your 3G network is working) and don't get me started on wacky rollover mom...

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2009 at 4:27pm

This has to be one of the most awkward commercials I've ever seen.

cornflake View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 8:02am
I think that last girl is Abigal Breslin. She was on Leno last week showing off her Verizon phone Smile
Prometheus View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prometheus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 9:11am
I still fail to see the reason why any of these girls need cell-phones in the first place. Perhaps they are dealing drugs, or texting each other in class instead of learning something to assist them in the future. Why pay attention in school when you can make a cell-phone the hub of your life? Perhaps their current social life of people (most of which will never be seen again after graduation) during class is more important than the rest of their lives. Verizon: win; Parenting: EPIC FAIL.

FFWD 10 years: They can't manage to get an order straight at the drive-through, and have the nerve to give attitude about it. They messed up your order because the labels on the register weren't in "Text-speak".
Immune to all forms of marketing since 1976!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Prometheus Prometheus wrote:

I still fail to see the reason why any of these girls need cell-phones in the first place.

Well, that little one isn't very pretty.  Maybe she's trying to hook up with guys from the internet while she still at least has her youth going for her.

SuperGoatMan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGoatMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2009 at 10:49pm
Ah, relief. Now see, people I talk to (maybe people I should stop talking to Tongue ) think this commercial is *funny* and a step in the right direction. Creepy. Creepy. Family. Maybe if they'd ended on the kid's "super delicious" thing and then just shown the dad looking uncomfortable or ignoring her (or giving her a little talk about boundaries Disapprove ), it would have just been a bad commercial. But asking his daughter "what does she look like?" is just disturbing to me.
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 5:05am
Originally posted by SuperGoatMan SuperGoatMan wrote:

Ah, relief. Now see, people I talk to (maybe people I should stop talking to Tongue ) think this commercial is *funny* and a step in the right direction. Creepy. Creepy. Family. Maybe if they'd ended on the kid's "super delicious" thing and then just shown the dad looking uncomfortable or ignoring her (or giving her a little talk about boundaries Disapprove ), it would have just been a bad commercial. But asking his daughter "what does she look like?" is just disturbing to me.

I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but this commercial is way less creepy than the "It's time" girls who tell their dad that he would be "a real catch" if only he used hair coloring!

But to be honest I can see the 1st commercial actually happening. You have a bunch of girls with too much time on their hands wanting to play matchmaker. To them probably anyone over 20 is old so putting him with one of their friend's grandma wouldn't be a issue. And I also figure the grandmother isn't a senior citizen but probably some 50 something women trying to score a younger man.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2009 at 7:27am
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

And I also figure the grandmother isn't a senior citizen but probably some 50 something women trying to score a younger man.

And he's actually a fairly old father.  He looks to be in his 50s, too.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic