Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friggin' Amazin' Findings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
Author
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 9:09pm
Sponsored Links

insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 3:27pm
A truly heartwarming and all around feel good local story from yesterday:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/firefighters-successfully-rescue-dog-stuck-in-tire/27724682

A big thank you to not only the firemen who were all about the little one's safety, but the Samaritan who brought her there in the first place.  For some reason the article & video both left out the happiest part of the ending, that one of the firemen at the station owns a ranch and will be keeping the dog Big smile
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2014 at 1:17pm
For anyone who gets those blackouts, wake up walking funny.
Science may have an answer...
 https://abcnews.go.com/Health/nail-polish-fend-off-sexual-assault/story?id=25114618
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:01pm
insanity213 View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insanity213 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2014 at 10:23pm
^^ LOL  When they were in the car and started screaming when he seemed to begin looking for a way through the window was great LOL

And for some reason while watching I was imagining the buck talking to her in Pepe Le Pew's voice while chasing her. LOL

On a serious note, she's pretty fortunate the thing didn't get very aggressive in his hormone induced pursuit - she could've been seriously injured or even killed.  Full blown adult buck may have done just that.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 7:36am
Calling the tower at SF airport.
Sum Ting Wong, We Tu Lo, Ho Lee Fuk.
Just kidding folks, but pay attention, you never know when the flight crew may become incapacitated, you may have to bring this big bird in yourself.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2014 at 4:31am
From Russia with love...

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 9:48am
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2014 at 8:08pm
I trained under a small but very strong black man who learned from a master in Okinowa.
The training helped me recover from a serious motorcycle accident.
Lessons learned, mind over matter.
As my body fails me, I still find a way to get it done.
I'm keeping myself busy, it's good exercise, I'm not smoking as much, I eat alot of Tic Tacs.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2014 at 2:06pm
I usually shout expletives at the machine when it's not working right, I don't think I'm ready for a talking information box.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2014 at 8:54pm
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2014 at 7:02pm
I caught this before it fell off of the second page, for those like myself who like history.
Check out my new computer...

The link also has the glasses John Lennon was wearing when he got shot.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2014 at 8:17am
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2015 at 7:15pm
Confused...almost 6 years ago, this thread was started with an article focused on health. Today? I think I just found the place I could be planted, whenever that day comes - or, at least I like the idea and way it all gets handled...I want to go see this place and party there.
One Of A Kind - The Merry Cemetery of Sapanta
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2015 at 8:07am
This isn't Captain Sully landing on the Hudson but the pilots did a good job keeping the fuselage from hitting the bridge.
regulus View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2015 at 5:34am
I was watching the last of the "Airport" movies (Concorde, Airport 79) and found out the plane leased to Universal during the filming was the plane that crashed in France in 2000. Ouch
Poiuyt Power!!!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 12:42pm
Some interesting color photos from around 1940.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 1:47pm
Confused!
Thanks aka - I love photo journals like that.
What touched me a bit was photo #7 - the little ghetto kids in Brockton from 1940 - well before most of us were even 'wet dreams'...I'll say this: in the early '60's, it was much the same. In fact, in France around then, our home was somewhat like that. When we came to the U.S., all my cousins and other family in Chicago lived in places like that. 
Think I stared at that pic for 5 minutes...sent chills down my spine.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 2:06pm
Anytime PaW, I hoped someone might find it interesting.
My dad graduated high school in 1938, some familier sights for him as well I would think.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 2:27pm

Yeah, I liked that one, too.  When I was a kid, I used to visit some relatives who lived in a similar-looking house (though not attached to any other).  I never quite figured it out.  You walk in and there's a stairway to the right.  To the left was access to downstairs rooms.  Those doors were always closed.  My aunt and uncle lived downstairs, my other uncle upstairs.  I never knew if it was two separate units, or if it was one big house divvied up among family.

I remember the light switches were all these old pushbutton ones:

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Yeah, I liked that one, too.  When I was a kid, I used to visit some relatives who lived in a similar-looking house (though not attached to any other).  I never quite figured it out.  You walk in and there's a stairway to the right.  To the left was access to downstairs rooms.  Those doors were always closed.  My aunt and uncle lived downstairs, my other uncle upstairs.  I never knew if it was two separate units, or if it was one big house divvied up among family.

I remember the light switches were all these old pushbutton ones:

LOLLOLLOLYES!!! THAT brought back 'memories of rampant stupidity'!
We had those and they were fun when they shorted and would zap you (believe me - it's friggin' amazing I'm here today).
I used to zap myself and laugh like an idiot. Kept me preoccupied, out of my mother's hair and a lot of other trouble...but I'm not sure I was ever 'right' after a few years of that.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 5:15pm

In case anyone hasn't seen those---those buttons in the picture aren't for two separate lights.  They're for one light.  One button is "on", one "off".

Darthhillbilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthhillbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:13pm
I guess I'm going to have to be the one to say it. Pa, that explains a lot.

Wink
"It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse." - Darwin Watterson
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

In case anyone hasn't seen those---those buttons in the picture aren't for two separate lights.  They're for one light.  One button is "on", one "off".

I guess I was privileged, or just a little younger, I don't remember the push button light switch.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2015 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Darthhillbilly Darthhillbilly wrote:

I guess I'm going to have to be the one to say it. Pa, that explains a lot.

Wink
LOLLOL
He can go off on people, but I'm convinced he is a good old wolf deep inside.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 20>
  Share Topic