Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friggin' Amazin' Findings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friggin' Amazin' Findings!
    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 4:33pm
^  That's freaking creepy!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2019 at 12:19pm
Last week at work, this guy I work with called me over to show me a wolf spider.  He knew I wasn't particularly afraid of spiders, and that I'd try to save it. 

It was a big fat thing.  Never really saw this kind of spider.  Anyway, I grabbed a small box and went to nudge it into the box (and ultimately deposit it in the grass behind the store).  Well, it didn't cooperate, and fell to the floor instead.  Suddenly...well the video below shows kinda what happened:

Very creepy and unexpected.  Apparently, the mother was carrying all her babies on her back, and when she fell, they jumped off her and scattered.  Sadly, at this point, I had no choice but to stomp them all.  I didn't need hundreds of these things running around the place.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2019 at 1:23am
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 9:07pm
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 11:40pm
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 6:02pm

Guy Makes Crazy Furby Organ, Accidentally Opens Gates to Hell

Around 2000, Walmart got a shipment of Furby critters that cussed and were full of sexual suggestions - made the news, but the Missus had found out about them early on and got one...and let me wake up to it one bizarre morning. Unlike those mentioned in the article below, mine was bright yellow and cursed and made sexual suggestions with heavy Oriental accents...very strange to wake up to.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 2:57am
CryLookie! They found great great great-----grampa!

40,000-year-old severed wolf's head discovered in Siberia

The wolf&amp;#39;s head was found by locals looking for mammoth ivory.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:48am
 ShockedBig smileClap
What Beauty and Splendor! Amaaaaaaaaziing!

Incredible pictures capture rare 'Elephant Queen' in Kenya

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:29pm
Shocked...now, from what little I read here, the 'sequel' is not quite what you THINK it would be - but once again, after (my favorite) the film director got his paws on it, a reaction to the public hysteria the movie caused - at least that is what *I* think.
And YES, I DID make 'Chef' (Jimmy) aware of this prior to posting, but he probably already knew.

Lost 'A Clockwork Orange' sequel discovered in author's archives

A scene from Kubricks film.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:50am
This is a 'Frippin' Amazing Finding'Big smileWink from some years back. I have to say I've been able to appreciate Robert Fripp's efforts for many years and this grouping was quite incredible...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 3:26pm
 Shocked Now THIS is troubling! 

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 5:05pm
Big smileHappy January, 2019.
Today I've two little gifts for all...enjoy - they're both pretty amazing, if I do say so myself (and I DO!)Wink
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 11:22pm
I like sports cards, but do not collect them as when I was young...but now I sort of wish I had kept it up and maybe paid more attention to basketball...
Who are the two guilty siblings who murdered their parents? Yea, the Mendez brothers, shown here after Mommy & Daddy were rotting, but before they were arrested for it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 12:38am
Sometimes it is the simple thing.
Sometimes 15 minutes of your time in a classroom setting can be educational, inspiring, and just darned entertaining...be sure and thank that person for making you feel good...feel more...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 2:16pm
ShockedDisapprove  
WHY and HOW did a meat skewer come to be pointing up from the ground?!!!
The really fantastic news here is that little Xavier will, other than the new eye tic, sporadic twitching, stuttering, and constant drooling, will be the same ol'Xavier you've always known & loved! Oh yea, don't forget school pictures are best now of the profile portrait-style.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:57pm
That hurt my ears.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:21pm
Big smile...'lost arts' that are just fun to run into once again...
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 12:16am
ShockedConfused"...*I* suggest skipping seafood and load up on Chick-fil-a...", I suggested to the ol'Peeps over the phone, this afternoon, as I drove down I64, towards The Estate In The Swamp.
"..but WHHHHHYYYYY?"
"Because I think 'The Minnow' has just been found, along with 'The Skipper' and 'Gilligan', too...", the two of whom were scratching their heads as they spoke with Virginia State Troopers while trying to explain why they were floating on the wrong side of the road, doncha know...
I think aka said he needed some boat parts, didn't he?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 4:15pm
^^^WinkYou're correct about pollution in China - I'm amazed people cam walk the streets in some cities.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 10:51am
Seeing as how it's China, maybe the pollutants in the air are dense enough to actually build a city on.  Of course, then, you'd have to worry about airquakes.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2016 at 2:43am
Big smileI absolutely love this story...all the speculation and even some religious fervor...yet, as amazing and breath-taking as it is, maybe the answer is as simple as an optical illusion.

However, seeing it actually brings to life reoccurring dreams of places where I find myself going it alone, in another life, some other time...except royal blue light shines from all the windows. A stranger in a foreign civilization, some speak my language, most do not. This is a place not defined by good and bad, right, and wrong they have a common religion (not mine), their behavior is civilized, not hostile but not always 'open-armed', yet they appreciate unbiased innocence and curiosity fueled by a strong desire to learn and allow all to come and go as they desire...and I find it totally interesting

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 9:26pm
Confused Here's a few 'changes' that makes all the sense in the world, but just seems really strange and may take a bit to get used to...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2016 at 12:12am
Probably true.  I remember how my neighbor's male cats always hassled their lone female cat.

My Killer wasn't like that at all.  In fact, he spent weeks hanging near that female, trying to woo her.  One warm evening, we were outside and watched as the female cat finally came right up to him and gave him some face time.  Killer looked over at us as if to say "Did you see that?".

Unfortunately, that was his last evening alive.  He died the next day.  For the next few days, that female cat came over to my front lawn and seemed to be waiting for her new friend to come out and hang with her some more.  Cry

Here they are---Killer and Princess---a few weeks before she finally gave him face.

Great.  Now I'm all bummed out.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

A few years later, I found an adult female cat that I took over to my folk's house. They wound up keeping her. Unbeknownst to us all, she was already pregnant when I found her.

She had about 3 or 4 kittens which my sister took all of.

They all lived out the rest of their natural lives, mom with my folks and kids with my sister & bil.

Did Mom ever get together again with her kids?  I always wonder if cats recognize family members.  When my neighbor brought their cat Indy (Rocco's and Capone's brother) over to my house about a month after we'd rescued them, it wasn't warm and fuzzy.

No, my sister never brought them back over.

The problem you guys had was almost certainly because they were all male cats. Female cats can be around other females or males without fighting.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2016 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

You know you are having a bad day when a bomb goes off on the plane you happen to be riding in.

One person was sucked out of the plane, hopefully it was the terrorist.

I'd heard originally that it was the terrorist who was sucked out of the plane.

Oh well, it was a Somali airline, so whoever got sucked out was probably a terrorist or close to it, anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic