Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quizno's creepy homo-erotic oven

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 7:33pm
I saw the one with the oven saying "put it in me Scott" ugh HORRIBLE, I had a fit over it last night. Angry 
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

IceFroggyFrog View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceFroggyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 12:53am
I found it by typing "put it in me scott" on Youtube,  I just... don't know what to say.

Alright, so either evil, sentient, gay ovens exist inside Quizno's, or they just have schizophrenic employees who are messing with your food "under the oven's command". Hmm.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 1:20am
Scott, "...I burned!"Shocked

I had to play that video 5 times - and, well...NO - it won't 'sink in'!!!

I...I...I...aww, f'it!Confused

LOLUNBELIEVABLE!
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Christine View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 2:55am
I didn't notice the "gay-ness" of it either; just the weirdness of a horny toaster overn.Confused

For some reason, the fact that it could be a GAY oven makes me hate the commercial a tiny bit less. Only b/c there's so much hetero innuendo, gay people should get to have something they can relate to.

But I imagine gay people aren't exactly running to Quizno's with any cravings either LOL
Kajeet View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kajeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 3:34am
Did anybody notice that periscope that flashed in the oven after he said "not doing that again,I'm burned"?
"If we don't watch the commercials it's like were stealing tv"- Homer Simpson
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 2:03am
Okay folks, I went over to Quizno's for lunch yesterday to grab something "quick", and thought I would try one of these $4.00 torpedo's..DON'T BOTHER WASTING YOUR MONEY.  The torpedo, is about the size of Ron Jeremy's wanker...no wonder the oven 'is ready for it'.  What a rip off....during this bad economy they want to help us, by giving us a cheap sandwich...it shouldn't even be considered food, there was nothing on it but a couple of tiny peices of meat and tiny pieces of lettuce and tomatoe...WHAT A FLIPPING JOKE.  I am not going to Quizno's for a very long time for that!AngryAngryAngry

I say bring back the Spongemonkeys too!
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
rdog157h View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdog157h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2009 at 9:17pm

All Quiznos food sucks in my opinion

Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 12:14am
Sorry, I saw it, and I tried to ignore it, but now I'm gonna sound off with my very own opinion:

...but this Torpedo sub commercial where the "male" oven converses with the male chef (Scott) was too blatant to ignore (oven's voice - "we both enjoyed the shammy rubdown", "put it [the footlong] in me").  Just who in the blue hell signed off on this idiocy?  The line "put it in me Scott", is way overboard. The talking oven telling the actor to talk sexy, more sexy, is borderline.  This is a very bad imitation of Kitt (from the Knight Rider TV series) in this sexed-up, Kitt rip-off of a commercial.  Sex does NOT sell your sandwiches, Quiznos!  Give me a break!! 

This commercial (along with the latest Burger King SpongeBob "raunchy" commercial) stepped into the disgusting realm.
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
kat View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 3:12pm
It creeped me out when the oven said "put it in me" but I thought it was hilarious. I knew it wouldn't last long, though.
madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 12:06am

plus Glitch THESE 4 DOLLAR TORPEDO'S  are NARSTY!DeadLOL

plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 1:40am
Apparently it's the 'in' thing to have stupid commercials with stupid voices coming out from the sky, oven, or whatever.

Comcrap has those commercial dorks with stupid voices coming out from the sky.

They're out there, Michael?

STFU

That stupid Quiznos should be proud of this concoction:

Quizno's Tuna Melt has the highest calorie and fat totals of any of their sandwichs! The large Tuna Melt has over 2,000 calories and 175 grams of fat!! (The regular size has 1,420 calories and 118 grams of fat, the small 770 calories and 60 grams of fat! 
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2009 at 3:12pm
Dead The 'new one' really creeps me out!
The end of the commercial...
"I'm waiting for it", the oven tells Scott, as he looks in - check Scott's expression!
Just WHAT is it that Scott sees? I'm not sure I really want to know - but if that was my to-be sammie in his hands, I'd bolt through the front door and head for the border... 

...and then there is Quizno's silly attempt to 'clean-up' the original mess...LOL

"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
therage View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2009 at 1:08am
Originally posted by MrsHill MrsHill wrote:

I saw my first torpedo commercial last night, where the oven was telling sandwich-boy to say it sexier or with more passion or whatever.....

This commercial isn't funny and will not tempt me to buy their "torpedo" sandwich.  So sorry.

I've heard about Quizno's BUT have never tried one. Always wanted to, UNTIl I saw this commercial. I mean, who the F**K is running these corporations they'd approve this?.
I ain't trying them now. For the principle of it.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2009 at 11:19pm

...for some odd (psychological) reason, Quizno's appears to have 'pumped up the volume', or maybe attempting to forceably shove this one right through us', rather than listen to us...anyone else noticed that? I'm seeing a lot more of the all versions of this commercial...and, for some reason, they are getting more of a chuckle out of me...(HELP!?!! Have they teamed up with 'HULU'?!!!)   

Angry McPisseron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly AngryMcPisseron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angry McPisseron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:19am
Just this evening, my stepmother said that the guy who "talks to an oven" in one of these Quisno's ads should be placed in a mental institution. Confused
Might I suggest Ward 47 of the Tilonus Institute for Mental Disorders. LOL

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 1:43am
I thought they were going for a creepy take on HAL9000.
What is it with Quizno's? I admit I liked the dead rat campaign (Spongmonkeys) just because it was so ridiculous and was one of the first internet sensations, but they really don't have food that's good enough to back up a wacky campaign.
Oh, and the kid in the commercial, I can't decide if he looks more like Adam Sandler or Jerry Seinfeld. If it's Seinfeld he could end the spot by looking at the camera and saying; "not that there's anything wrong with that"
Wayne Rooney View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne Rooney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 7:23am

I guess it is supposed to be funny.  But the concept is so bizarre it gives me the creeps... Still, they have us talking about it, I guess. 

Gay oven demanding semi-sexual favors from the reluctant Quizno's employee who bizarrely submits to the oven's whims, rather than quit... 

What, I ask you, what is the world coming to?

TexasRanger View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasRanger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:46am
I wonder if they ever have to clean any "sauceWink" off that oven?
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 5:18pm
I don't mind the homosexual connotations (because I'm not a homophobe), but what I do mind is how it reeks of sexual harassment. You know that if you worked for Quiznos (or any other company) and made jokes that were even slightly sexual, your ass would be fired.

It almost seems like this commercial is perpetuating sexual harassment and making it seem funny, when it most definitely is not. Maybe I'm taking the commercial too seriously, but I've dealt with sexual harassment at a pervious job, and it was a very uncomfortable feeling/situation. Thumbs%20Down
grimaldi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grimaldi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 10:24pm
...not to mention the point of view in the last scene puts the viewer inside the oven waiting for the torpedo. What kind of pseudo-psychiatry says that will be good for sales?
 It reminds me of South Park's "Death camp of Tolerance" where Lemmiwinks the gerbil treks through Mr. Slave.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/7363/grimaldi-nativity-commercial.aspx
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 5:41am
I hate the homosexual overtones simply because it is stupid that oven can be gay.
That and again homosexuality is being highlighted as silly and slightly unsavory. Plus damned unsanitary... a weiner in the oven is a health department no-no
ToxicShock View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToxicShock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 6:53am
Originally posted by jeroboam jeroboam wrote:

I hate the homosexual overtones simply because it is stupid that oven can be gay.
That and again homosexuality is being highlighted as silly and slightly unsavory. Plus damned unsanitary... a weiner in the oven is a health department no-no

But it's not stupid that an oven can be straight? Haha this is so ridiculous! Not what you said, but this entire anthropomorphizing of kitchen appliances! LOL
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2009 at 7:42am
well ok, yeah... in all, sexuality in general for an oven is creepy. But we all know making it two dudes caters to the frat bro "ew" factor
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 11:11pm
...awwwwwwww....I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of the 'Gangsta Oven' in the psychotherapist's office that I'd readily enjoy seeing Scott and his 'Hot Little Buddy', again!

Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2009 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

...awwwwwwww....I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of the 'Gangsta Oven' in the psychotherapist's office that I'd readily enjoy seeing Scott and his 'Hot Little Buddy', again!

I hate the delusional split personality oven too, wonder what would happen if they went back to the old campaign and used a sultry female voice?
Couldn't be worse.

I still won't eat their overpriced burnwiches
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic