Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harpers Island

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackBauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Harpers Island
    Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 2:53pm
Anyone who watches CBS has surely run into some of these ads for this lame ass looking Harpers Island show.  It looks like some made for TV horror movie serial.  So every week, one of the 25 people will die (insert creppy kids voice) "One by one". 

UGH!! Dead  I hate that stupid voiceover going "One by one"!  As if the show didn't look lame enough as it is, this tacky voiceover is the nail in the coffin for this show. 
Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 10:20pm
What also is irritating is their stupid pop up ads they LOOK like part of the show like their listing the location they're at until you realize they're NOT part of the show!!!!

the white test slides in in white letters

HARPERS ISLAND
A MYSTERY EVENT
APRIL 9-JUNE 2

I also hate the "one by one" voice, it irritates me.

I hope this show BOMBS!Angry

One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 10:39pm
I can tell just from the ads it's a 'no watch'.  I bet it's a scripted reality show, full of wannabe actors with irritating personalities, and the outcome pre-determined by the producers playing "Clue" at the staff meetings....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 10:54pm
I was actually planning to give this thing a look, if for no other reason that it looks a little different than the standard reality show.

I'll probably make it thru about the first 5 minutes before hitting the button.

Seems to me like it would be better timing to air this thing around fall.

Maybe start it at the beginning of September with the grand finale near Halloween.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 11:43pm
MrT's thinking seems in line with my own - does anyone know about, or attended one of those 'Murder (staged - not real) Mystery Parties/Dinners'? Kind of like a "Clue Live (for the child in you)" event. I haven't, but it seemed to be something to do a few years ago. This show simply reeks of a t.v. version of the game.
Or, possibly an evening version of "One Life To Live". 
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 5:54am
According to Wikipedia, it's a scripted drama, although in terms of quality, it sounds about on par with that 'scripted reality' crap...basically, an Agatha Christie rip-off about people thrown togethr in a spooky house who die one by-one...and then the Mystery Machine gets lost in the fog, and the gang stops to ask for directions...LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2009 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Irishman Irishman wrote:

According to Wikipedia, it's a scripted drama, although in terms of quality, it sounds about on par with that 'scripted reality' crap...basically, an Agatha Christie rip-off about people thrown togethr in a spooky house who die one by-one...and then the Mystery Machine gets lost in the fog, and the gang stops to ask for directions...LOL

LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 5:14am
Just watched this on tape.
Bleh.
They killed off the best character (party animal Uncle So-&-so), show lots of disgusting things (chopping up fish, burning snails with a magnifying glass etc.) for shock value, most of the women have shiny skin, are not an ounce overweight, and the only wrinkles they have are in their clothes (there is only one woman who fatter, older, and wrinklier than them, so you guessed it, she's probably the killer....)
The characters are flat, and annoying enough that you'd want to kill them yourself.  I'll tune in to the final ep and skip everything else in between....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 11:21am
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

...I'll tune in to the final ep and skip everything else in between....
So you'll be watching next week's episode?
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 11:38pm
Nope....
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2009 at 11:40pm
If the show is anything as bad as the ads, last week should be the last episode...don't miss it!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2009 at 1:45am

I'll give away the ending right here & now.

The "Harpers" who the island is named after are actually the Harpers from Two and a Half Men.... Charlie, Alan, Evelyn & Jake.

The people aren't really dead, they're just being held captive in Charlie's Malibu beach house by Berta the housekeeper & forced to smell Jake's nasty farts.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2009 at 4:49am
Taped and watched the final episode.  Had some good twists in it.
The murderer was the same one from the first round of killings that happened on the island years earlier. Natch, everybody thought he was dead....
BUT, he had help from his son (the groom) in killing everybody this time around.  Son of Murderer had crush on main character, so he saves her, and kills 'daddy' instead....
SoM burns down church, cops think everybody on island is now dead in the ruins, SoM keeps girl prisoner on island, she escapes (with other hostage), SoM gets stabbed on beach during fight and dies, and everyone vows to move away from island and never come back (thereby saving us from another season.... Clap )

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic