Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Renuzit Crystal Elements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Renuzit Crystal Elements
    Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 12:38pm
I saw this one for the first time last night.

I hope these little jewels are non toxic.

When I saw them being poured out of the bag in the commercial, at first I thought it was some kind of candy and wanted to eat some.  I like those cinnamon Hot Tamale candies and this is what they looked like to me at first - that or red jelly beans.  Then, I see it is a new air freshener!

Just put a bowlful on your coffee table and wait for someone to scoop up a mouthful!

I have that disease where you wake up in strange places drunk
Sponsored Links

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 3:06pm
Ick!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 3:25pm
I fixed the thread title, to "Renuzit" from "Renzit."

I'm surprised this product even made it to market...

Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 6:28pm
I actually thought it WAS for some sort of soft candy, the first time I saw it. Actually started to feed MissyDWolf a long tale about how businesses will survive in these harsh economic times by product diversification before the 'BullSh*t Buzzer' went off...if she'd just kept her mouth shut, she'd be collecting insurance checks, by now (and, yes - I'd be 'worm food').
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
deafdog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 11:08pm
Great minds think alike.

My bad on the topic post earlier.  Thanks for fixing it...

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 11:16pm
You're welcome.  No big woop. Wink
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:21am
Welcome Defdog!!! I also thought it looked like candy! I wouldn't want this around children or animals!
I love the doggie in your avatar!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Welcome Defdog!!!...
 Righto, BM!!!
Defdog is a welcome addition to 'The Seventh Floor' - but I remember Defdog posting sometime back! Sure great to see you again there, DD!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
deafdog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:47am
I left a nice note on the Renuzit comment page wondering what those things taste like and how they are going to react when they get sued after some kid ingests a mouthful.  I'm a full grown human and it sure looked appetizing to me.  I'll let you know what they say.

Yes - that avatar is my little Frisbee playing Deef.   Deaf as a post, always has been and always will be  And yes, I am sure she is deaf.

We have developed our own sign language for communications, some of which borders on obscene.  My girls refuse to make certain signs...

Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:03am
She is just lovely! Check out the "Pet pictures" thread, we have a real menagerie here!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Big Momma Big Momma wrote:

Welcome Defdog!!! I also thought it looked like candy! I wouldn't want this around children or animals!

But maybe the dog's gas would smell better?  "Mmmmm...honey!  Fido's farts smell like 'fresh laundry'!"   LOL
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 3:54am
NOTE:
This product should not be confused with a similar item by the same company, Renuzit Crystal Meth
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by deafdog deafdog wrote:

I left a nice note on the Renuzit comment page wondering what those things taste like and how they are going to react when they get sued after some kid ingests a mouthful.  I'm a full grown human and it sure looked appetizing to me.  I'll let you know what they say.

There's this Mexican cleaning solution sold in California called Fabuloso, which kids have been known to drink.  Here's a pic.  You can see why.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I fixed the thread title, to "Renuzit" from "Renzit."

I'm surprised this product even made it to market...

Just by this picture I imagine it would fool adults, too. I don't see this being on the market long.
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 12:58am
It looks like a nice idea, but I know a piece of that would somehow end up on the floor and my dogs would eat it. There's no way it's non toxic. It won't be long before we hear it being recalled because some kid ate it out of "grandma's candy jar".
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 2:49am
Peering into my crystal ball  Cool  I see that  Renuzit's going to be seeing a lot of "Crystal Enemas" in the future! Dead    And what's with the name "Renuzit" anyway?  It's dreadful!  Sounds as though one is "re-newing a zit"!  Confused
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
deafdog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 12:02pm
Now (some) kids are drinking windshield washer solution, brake fluid - whatever!

However, it would seem that the daycare people are the real idiots by providing it.  The last time I saw WW solution for sale it was in a big gallon jug.  It does closely resemble the gallon jugs of Kool-Aid, so I can understand this happening.

Thankfully, it was all just a mistake. 

Atlanta Journal-Constitution article on Arkansas Daycare Mistake

deafdog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deafdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 12:28pm
Well, crap.

I heard back from henkelna.com and they really seemed to have no idea what I was talking about with this new product.  I thought my message was perfectly clear.

The reply seemed to be from someone with English as a second language.  The na in their WWW address gives them away.

I looked at their page some more here

Now I feel sorry for them.  I am sure they have many fine products and try really hard, but have unleashed this product on naive American consumers that like to get even for product shortcomings and oversights.

At least they have a very soothing company song you can listen to in many languages, including some language I have not heard of called "Mexican". 

I want all my stuff to be in the American language.

I better have some more coffee and another cigarette and try to lose this sympathy.

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 2:28pm
I'm wondering if maybe they got the message...haven't seen the commercial for a while, now.
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 5:58pm
I've seen it in the last couple days so...I doubt it.
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 10:50pm

I better have some more coffee and another cigarette and try to lose this sympathy.

That's another good question.  Are the Renuzit Crystals flammable?

< F O O M >

"Mom!  Fluffy just got flambe`d in the living room...!"

LOL
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 11:21pm
Even the packaging looks like candy with those berries splattered across the bag. I'm sure these crystals smell sickeningly sweet, too,  so it won't be long before some kid jams a handful in his pie hole.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 6:43pm
I think the packaging looks like something from Kashi.

Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

That's another good question.  Are the Renuzit Crystals flammable?

< F O O M >

"Mom!  Fluffy just got flambe`d in the living room...!"

LOL

If Fluffy ate and then passed some Crystals, would his chit now not stink?ApproveWink
flynnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flynnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 2:15am
Let's face it, at least 95 percent of commercials suck and are an insult to the 'intelligence' of all TV viewers. That said, the ad had nothing to do with my trying the Renuzit Crystals. It goes without saying that some common sense and precautions should accompany this product's use and placement in one's home, but they provide a pleasant aroma and, so far, have lasted longer than any other product that I've tried with the exception of good (not cheap) candles. Has anyone with the negative responses actually tried this product?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic