Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John and Kate Plus 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaaraqwet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John and Kate Plus 8
    Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 4:45am

Frankly, I can't stand this show, it's horrible, I don't know why anyone would watch it..

It's about a family with 8 kids, so 10 people total, the kids are all under 8 I believe.

Imagine this: A large house, 8 screaming, crying, whiny, yelling, complaining kids running around; couple this with, what I can only describe, as a total bitch of a mom and a dad who is probably the only sane person in that house, now add 2 puppies who crap and pee everywhere. Now, make that into a television show.  And people watch it.

Sponsored Links

70s80s View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70s80s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 3:08pm
Even worse, it's aired on TLC about 5-10 times a day! Disapprove
"Cottage cheese is not a 'feminine product'!"
anankha View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anankha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 5:11pm
I don't hate it, I just don't think it should be a TV show. I don't want to see all 8 of their little mongrels 10 times a day. Also, I look at it this way: At least they aren't a) religious nuts who think it's their Christian duty to have as many kids as possible or b) as crazy as octo-mom. 
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2009 at 6:57pm

For some odd reason, our youngest daughter LOVES this show. When she was last here, it was always on. I'll never understand her, I suppose.

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 12:47am
Originally posted by anankha anankha wrote:

At least they aren't a) religious nuts who think it's their Christian duty to have as many kids as possble . 

John and Kate Plus 8 is a show i follow regularly and have done for some time now.  Regardless of what the OP said about "screaming" and "whining" ( what children don't do that from time to time?) the sextuplets (not "mongrels really) are now 4 years old and cute.  Twins Mady and Cara  in this show are also very well diciplined and for the most part quite well behaved.  Not a fan of children in general  but for some reason John and Kate Plus 8 has had me interested from the get-go.  Kate manages to hold down the fort very well considering what she has to do in a day.  They are BTW religious people but not to excess (not cult people as in the Duggers).  Kate and Jon would not have reduced the number of embryos for the reason that they feel the babies are "heaven sent" or whathaveyou.  They are really quite average people. 
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:01am
Thank you Spicymeatball!! Well said and I agree!! My youngest daughter LOVES this show and we watch it together.  She knows each kids full name and birth order...i told her she needs a new hobby! LOL!!Smile
Big Momma View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Momma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:11am
It just looks like child exploitation to me.Confused
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:15am

Meant to add.....the children are actually not "allowed" to complain about food choices.  The rule is "You get what you get-- and don't get upset!"   Just imagine all those hungry mouths complaining! Many times one or more of the sextuplets has gone to bed rather hungry.  No one is spoiled when old fashoned rules are gently enforced.

Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 5:41pm
I have no problem with how they raise their children but I have to agree with the comment made about the mother on the show. I caught glimpses of the show a few times and that woman was such a raging bitch that I had to change the channel. I'm sorry but it's true. I refuse to watch the show because of her.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:24pm
Hate that show!!    Just like that show about the midget family(well, only have the family is midget!), WHY THE HELL IS THIS ON THE LEARNING CHANNEL!!!    I hate the way they killed the learning channel over the years.    It's getting dumbed down into another reality entertainment channel.  BOOO!!!!
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:49pm
I don't recognize The Learning Channel it looks like NOTHING like the channel that aired 10 years ago. I can't believe this is the same channel that used to air This Old House.Confused
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Moochamoocha Moochamoocha wrote:

I have no problem with how they raise their children but I have to agree with the comment made about the mother on the show. I caught glimpses of the show a few times and that woman was such a raging bitch that I had to change the channel. I'm sorry but it's true. I refuse to watch the show because of her.

I have to laugh at the comments about the mom (Kate, I guess) because I have only seen about 10 minutes of a single episode of this show and that was the exact same impression I got.

The episode in question had a scene where mom & dad were sitting on the couch talking to the camera, and mom was going on and on about how dad doesn't help out or whatever. She wasn't yelling or angry, just basically bitching about him and his behavior to the camera/audience. The sad/funny thing was the whole time, he's sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HER just staring straight ahead at the camera. He never said a word, just sat there the whole time with this "look" on his face. At the end, I think the interviewer asked him if he had anything to say in response, and his reply was basically, "Nope." Obviously he's been in this situation before and knew to just keep his mouth shut. At that point, I thanked God that I wasn't married to her and changed the channel.
That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 12:15am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Hate that show!!    Just like that show about the midget family(well, only have the family is midget!), WHY THE HELL IS THIS ON THE LEARNING CHANNEL!!!  

Have??  You mean HALF don't you?      Maybe because it helps to bring awareness and acceptance of happy successful  people with physical challenges or people who are "different" and often ridiculed.  They--the Roloffs (Amy and Matt)-- are technically DWARVES.  "Midget" is an archaic and ignorant term. Dwarves are now almost always called  "Little People".  They have twins and one twin is normal size.   They  have a boy and a girl as well...both average size. Main thing is they're an enjoyable group of people with good values.  More people should tune in to this one and examine how damned fortunate they are to be able to reach a stove top or drive a car or not have constant medical problems. 
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 12:55am
Originally posted by pcgh pcgh wrote:

I have to laugh at the comments about the mom (Kate, I guess) because I have only seen about 10 minutes of a single episode of this show and that was the exact same impression I got.

The episode in question had a scene where mom & dad were sitting on the couch talking to the camera, and mom was going on and on about how dad doesn't help out or whatever. She wasn't yelling or angry, just basically bitching about him and his behavior to the camera/audience. The sad/funny thing was the whole time, he's sitting RIGHT NEXT TO HER just staring straight ahead at the camera. He never said a word, just sat there the whole time with this "look" on his face. At the end, I think the interviewer asked him if he had anything to say in response, and his reply was basically, "Nope." Obviously he's been in this situation before and knew to just keep his mouth shut. At that point, I thanked God that I wasn't married to her and changed the channel.

I happened to see a clip on "The Soup" from when Kate was bitching at him over not using a coupon or something. I had to sit back and go....really? Is she for real or is she just bitching it up for the cameras. Seems awfully naggy to me.
emrys927 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Rest in Peace

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emrys927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 7:50pm
TRUE!  She's a naggy-hag alright.  My neighbor/good friend LOVES this show for some reason I cannot comprehend.  I watched one episode of the show before I had to just say, "Look, I know you like it, but I cannot face one more viewing of it." and changed the channel.  Yeah...back-to-back eps.  Kate's horrible attitude got on my nerves within the first five minutes and I've not been able to stand the show or stand seeing the ads for upcoming eps without wanting to knock Kate's teeth out.  She has Jon very well-trained is all I can say.
A woman is like tea bag. You never know how strong she'll get until she's in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by Spicy_Meatball Spicy_Meatball wrote:

Hate that show!!    Just like that show about the midget family(well, only have the family is midget!), WHY THE HELL IS THIS ON THE LEARNING CHANNEL!!!  

Have??  You mean HALF don't you?      Maybe because it helps to bring awareness and acceptance of happy successful  people with physical challenges or people who are "different" and often ridiculed.  They--the Roloffs (Amy and Matt)-- are technically DWARVES.  "Midget" is an archaic and ignorant term. Dwarves are now almost always called  "Little People".  They have twins and one twin is normal size.   They  have a boy and a girl as well...both average size. Main thing is they're an enjoyable group of people with good values.  More people should tune in to this one and examine how damned fortunate they are to be able to reach a stove top or drive a car or not have constant medical problems. 

OuchOuchOuchOuchOuch
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 10:04pm
Ouch, man you got served.LOL
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

What a loaf of shit!!    Criticizing my spelling?   What, are we fucking kindergartners!!     Excuse me for not spelling up to your(her) standards!!    And the damn midget show.   I didn't say anything against them.    I'm glad they're living a nice life.    I just don't need to see them every time I turn on a channel called "The Learning Channel".   
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2009 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by pcgh pcgh wrote:

I think we saw the same episode. She's known as Uberbitch and Bitchzilla in my house.
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2009 at 3:54am
Thats what I like about her.  She seems more like a "real" mother.  How could you not be bitchy.  I don't watch the show that often (it gives me nightmares) but it is nice to see a normal family.  Nothing seems too contrived or faked.  Also, the children are very well behaved,  not nearly as much chaos as I would imagine.
Gaaraqwet View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaaraqwet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2009 at 9:04pm

Regardless of what the OP said about "screaming" and "whining" ( what children don't do that from time to time?) 

--------------------------

Sure, but why would you want to watch them scream and whine on the TV?

Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 12:34am

What a loaf of shit!!    Criticizing my spelling?   What, are we fucking kindergartners!!     Excuse me for not spelling up to your(her) standards!!    And the damn midget show.   I didn't say anything against them.    I'm glad they're living a nice life.    I just don't need to see them every time I turn on a channel called "The Learning Channel".   

It's grammar first of all and second of all you need to calm the hell down. GEEZ!

ARE all your posts like this? maybe you need to turn it down a bit.

and yes she shot you down, QUITE INTELLIGENTLY, but please stop acting it like it's so damn personal YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL.

you made your point, which you should of said IN THE FIRST PLACE.

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 12:43am

It's grammar first of all and second of all you need to calm the hell down. GEEZ!

ARE all your posts like this? maybe you need to turn it down a bit.

and yes she shot you down, QUITE INTELLIGENTLY, but please stop acting it like it's so damn personal YOU CAN'T WIN THEM ALL.

you made your point, which you should of said IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Sorry(to you AdN).    It's just one of those things that irritate me.    And I know it is a problem here, as I've seen entire threads dedicated to or devolving into tarring and feathering a person for not using "high school english class" style writing.   

And I know she shot me down, hence my anger.    Just another snarky, uppity b***h. AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
mst3k4evr View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mst3k4evr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2009 at 5:12pm
If you think you hate Kate, take a look at a group of people that really hate Kate:

Words can't begin to describe how rabid these people are in their hatred of this woman; you just have to check it out for yourself. I think this blog is way more entertaining than the actual show.
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2009 at 12:18am

What a loaf of shit!!    Criticizing my spelling?   What, are we fucking kindergartners!!     Excuse me for not spelling up to your(her) standards!!    And the damn midget show.   I didn't say anything against them.    I'm glad they're living a nice life.    iI just don't need to see them every time I turn on a channel called "The Learning Channel".   

You're 20 years old.  Are you going to go through the rest of your life calling people who rather gently correct your grammar and spelling and/or your misguided ways  "bitches" as you did me?  First of all...you say bitch as if  it's a BAD thing!  Wink  Are we "kindergartners"?  No....I am not a "kindergartner".  The word is spelled "kindergartener".  And since 5 year olds in kindergarten generally cannot spell....that analogy is rather silly anyway. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic