Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television Related Rants
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alex Trebek just won't shut up!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 7:09am
I think Trebeck and Dick Clark drank from the same well, and that's why they never seem to wear out!!

Wait though, is Clark dead now??
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
Sponsored Links

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Wild Starchild Wild Starchild wrote:

I think Trebeck and Dick Clark drank from the same well, and that's why they never seem to wear out!!

Wait though, is Clark dead now??

Not yet, Wild. They dusted him off and wheeled him out for New Years.

I like Alex - he doesn't bother me. I like it when I get the Final Jeopardy. It makes me feel momentarily intelligent !LOL
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Yutolia View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yutolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2009 at 6:52pm
Yeah, I used to hate Jeopardy when I was little because I thought it was boring and it made me feel stupid. Now I'm not that big of a fan either because I get really annoyed with the contestants!
"Xbox Live is an online homophobia club for pre-teen Tourette’s sufferers." - Brockway, Cracked.com
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 6:01am
 Something spectacular happened this evening! A brilliant, attractive young woman won by talking over Alex' every attempt to interrupt. Also, no spokespeople. Stellar indeed!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2009 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

Something spectacular happened this evening! A brilliant, attractive young woman won by talking over Alex' every attempt to interrupt. Also, no spokespeople. Stellar indeed!

Can't stop watching it can you?  Wink
smarion1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarion1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:56pm
Wow! Four more years of listening to the most self-absorbed TV personality that game shows have produced. Watch Jeopardy with remote in hand to mute any frivolous drivel being spewed by Trebek. Guess that meeting they had where producers told him to "cut the chatter" fell on prima dona ears. This show has become almost unwatchable.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:35am
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:28am
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:51am

For $0...

...Bringing up memories of members past via old, dead threads.

What is---uhhhh---NECROMANCY???

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:53am

Hey, how many of us here remember the Gail era? 

Good times.  LOL

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

For $0...

Shocked...be careful - you'll make new attention-starved members cry...but I'll stand with you.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by smarion1 smarion1 wrote:

Wow! Four more years of listening to the most self-absorbed TV personality that game shows have produced. Watch Jeopardy with remote in hand to mute any frivolous drivel being spewed by Trebek. Guess that meeting they had where producers told him to "cut the chatter" fell on prima dona ears. This show has become almost unwatchable.

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

For $0...

This is always a red flag for me.  People rarely even do a search before posting, but a thread from 2009? The weird people appear in mysterious ways.
(0)(0) View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (0)(0) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:46am
MrCleveland View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCleveland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 1:13am
Trebek is now fighting pancreatic cancer...it's at stage 4...not good!

And if Sean Connery outlives Trebek...Oh God!
Thank God for kids who love Obscure Things.

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:24am

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 5:14am
LOLLOL
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 2:58am
Anyone see the James the "Professional Sports Gambler" (his real occupation) on tonight's Jeopardy?
Jesus!! He destroyed the record of winnings in a single game.

Mixed feelings about this guy. Smug S.O.B. with an odd smile - or non-smile. Throws around money like its fake Monopoly $. BUT..yeah, he's smart. The two other contestants at the end looked dazed as if they were hit by a bus.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic