Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hefty "STINKY STINKY STINKY"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belc0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hefty "STINKY STINKY STINKY"
    Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 8:52pm
Wow, I searched long and hard and I can't find a thread on these commercials yet.  Maybe I'm the only unfortunate one being plagued with them?  The commercial starts with some woman in a dark room getting an ominous call from someone saying her kitchen is stinky.  WOW.  Then they show the garbage and these exceedingly obnoxious voices go STINKY! STINKY! STINKY! while they zoom in on the garbage.  Then a bunch of manly voices chant "HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY!"  As if this wasn't bad enough, they do it TWICE.  Ok, I know the economy is struggling right now, but you have GOT to be kidding me.  It's like the owners of Hefty had to fire their entire advertisting staff and default to whatever their 5 year old thought was clever. 
Bring me the head of a pig, and a goblet of something cool and refreshing
Sponsored Links

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 9:01pm
It's actually a resurrection of a very old ad campaign they had.

Without looking it up, I'd say it's at least 20 years old.

This current iteration has more drama, but the Hefty-Hefty-Hefty/Stinky-Stinky-Stinky bit is old.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 9:02pm
CORRECTION

I just remembered, it was Hefty-Hefty-Hefty/Wimpy-Wimpy-Wimpy

but the idea is the same.
QuestForComedy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuestForComedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 9:44pm
I didn't know the average human even kept stinky garbage in thier homes (well except in suburbian Kansas City where they shoot "COPS"  if your garbage smells that bad, just toss it in the fireplace or feed it to the bears.
tmacisthebest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmacisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 10:39am
i know there is a commercial that goes wimpy wimpy wimpy/ hefty hefty hefty

its right there.

but im having an argument with a friend, she is saying that the commercial was stinky stinky stinky/hefty hefty hefty. i proved her wrong by showing her that video, but now shes saying that there is another commercial she was talking about that says. stinky stinky stinky/hefty hefty hefty. i haven't found anything on the internet that is this commercial, so i was just wondering is there a trash bag commercial with a combinatation of hefty/stinky.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 8:15pm
Read my posts, 2-3 up in this thread.

There was an old campaign, using wimpy-wimpy-wimpy/Hefty-Hefty-Hefty.

This new iteration uses "stinky" instead of "wimpy."
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 9:12pm
I think this commercial sucks, big time.  Like anyone would call a person, to just tell them that their garbage smells.  
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by JimAyzing JimAyzing wrote:

I think this commercial sucks, big time.  Like anyone would call a person, to just tell them that their garbage smells.  

sounds like a good phone prank though...LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

sounds like a good phone prank though...LOL

And it IS April Fool's Day... LOL  (ring ring) hello, Mom?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 12:41am
That "Hefty/Wimpy" ad goes back to at least the 1984 or '85; it was a very popular schoolyard chant/taunt when I was in 4th and 5th grade.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2009 at 1:27am

PM me your phone number, PB. Gotta tell ya something important! It's kinda private, doncha know.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2009 at 2:11am
To me, this commercial sounded like more of a Scream movie rip-off. Angry

With that being said, I was expecting the phone caller to say to the woman, "What's YOUR favorite scary movie"? LOL
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
jlprizm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jlprizm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 5:53am
What bugs me the most is that the trash is not in a hidden place but right in the MIDDLE OF THE KITCHEN..is NOT CLOSED..just left open like that full to the brim and it's not supposed to smell. What the heck? close it up and throw it out. no sh*t it smells. just stupid advertising.
Asnotseenontv View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asnotseenontv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 2:20am
Oh GOD I saw this commercial once and hated it instantly.
Coffee- The new opiate of the people.
Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2010 at 8:22pm
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic