Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Geico Money with Eyes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buffalo Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Geico Money with Eyes
    Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 12:27am
These ads are annoying. They're all the same, and why don't the people just walk over and pick up the money if it's bothering them so much? Also, the little jingle at the end is irritating.
---------------
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. NOT THE LINE ABOVE.
Sponsored Links

Freak Speely View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freak Speely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 2:57am

Geico is trying to be "weird" and "edgy" for stupid reasons. The little decorated stack of money is just random and ridiculous! And the ending IS irritating...a danced-up remix of "Somebody's Watching Me"...are you KIDDING me?

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 7:01pm
There's a LOT on 'KASH', within the 'Geico's Latest Gimmick' thread; you'll readily surmise that Geico has pretty achieved their goal of alienating almost everyone.
X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
Banquo View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banquo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 8:59pm
You'd think someone in their company would clue them in that they are selling car insurance. It's kind of a serious thing, so why are they selling it to us as if it were soda or snack chips, with stupid cartoon characters and lame gimmicks? Esurance does the same thing though.

Maybe if they'd stop spending millions on idiotic commercials they could use that money to lower their rates. That is what sells insurance, having the lowest price and best service. Not talking CGI amphibians.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Banquo Banquo wrote:

...Not talking CGI amphibians.
BTW, nice avatar ya got there, B!
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2009 at 11:23pm
Scene:
Guy in dirty restroom, sitting on a toilet, searching frantically for toilet paper that isn't there.  Suddenly sees Geico's money wad staring at him.  He reaches for it...

"Hi there...!"

LOL
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by MrTim MrTim wrote:

Scene:
Guy in dirty restroom, sitting on a toilet, searching frantically for toilet paper that isn't there.  Suddenly sees Geico's money wad staring at him.  He reaches for it...

"Hi there...!"

LOL

LOLDead
Dead
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
pinniped View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinniped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 9:23pm
I don't get this stupid sh*t eyeball thing.  Is it some sort of deity?
SO I GO ON VEHIX.COM!....GOT A CAR TO SELL!....BUYING A CAR IS HARD!
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2009 at 9:31pm
Best. Superbowl. Ever.    NO GEICO ADS!!!  NO STACKS OF MONEY WITH EYES!!!
Pirate Alyx View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pirate Alyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2009 at 7:41pm
*****HATED IT*******  5 SNAPS DOWNThumbs%20Down
plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is..............
applepiemommy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote applepiemommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 4:57am
Not even funny, edgy, or anything. Just stupid!
What does Dr Traci have to say about it? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Dr-Traci
Glitch View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 10:38pm
I agree.  That commercial is nothing more than pathetic and sad.  Same goes for their gecko commercials, especially the latest one where he's eating potato chips. DisapproveErmm

God, I just feel like I wanna rip those eyeballs off and throw them in the sky... AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry
Mankind is divided into two classes: those who earn their living by the sweat of their brow, and those who sell them handkerchiefs, cold drinks, and electric fans.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 10:54pm
They keep coming! There is a new one with some guys applying shingles to the roof of a house...can't say any more than that as I've now got Geico on 'Insti-Mute'.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 11:11pm
I MISS THE GECKO!!

I LIKE THE GECKO!!
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2009 at 11:26pm

Anyone notice the odd, coincidental disappearance of both the Gecko and the Aflac Duck?

FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 5:41am
The eyes on the money?  Truly Geico's worst.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 5:47am
I
Heart
jonterry4 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonterry4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 7:22am
The money is stalking people.

Gecko > Cavemen > Money
Only because the Cavemen were good at one point.
LexxyInNaples View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Account Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LexxyInNaples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 5:46pm
if  geiko is so succsessful,,,then  why  can't  they  afford  to  hire  an  actual  accomplished  writer  to  come  up  with  a new  gimmic?  I  have  seen  all their  commmercials,  yet ,,,none  are  out  of the box,,,,the   fake  caveman  gimmic  was  probably  written by  some  high school  freshman  who  was taking  a creative  writing  course.
why  not  say,,,,,"its  so  easy,  any  blonde  woman  can  do  it" "  or  ,,,it's  so  easy,,,a   polish  man  can  do  it",,,,,,,,
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 6:01pm
...probably because Geico was afraid of getting slammed by organized groups of Polish Men who are Blond and want to become Women...

"I want my insurance and I want it NOW!!!" (J.G. Worthless)

Superwoman
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2009 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by LexxyInNaples LexxyInNaples wrote:

if  geiko is so succsessful,,,then  why  can't  they  afford  to  hire  an  actual  accomplished  writer  to  come  up  with  a new  gimmic?  I  have  seen  all their  commmercials,  yet ,,,none  are  out  of the box,,,,the   fake  caveman  gimmic  was  probably  written by  some  high school  freshman  who  was taking  a creative  writing  course.
why  not  say,,,,,"its  so  easy,  any  blonde  woman  can  do  it" "  or  ,,,it's  so  easy,,,a   polish  man  can  do  it",,,,,,,,

Uh...and going one further on Pa's train of thought, assuming there are NO cavemen now, it was a safe bet that none would get upset.  Got it now?
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 3:47pm
Just saw a *NEW* Geico ad last night - and THIS one seemed pretty strange.
'KASH' only had a 'bit-part', at the very end.
The commercial has a broken tree branch *talking* to a smashed winshield, which, of course, is answering. The smashed windshield appeared to have 'eyes'. The tree branch has lips and mouth...and I'm thinking it was possibly a branch from 'da hood (an' ON 'da hood, at dat!).

I guess it must be very new. Can't even find it here... http://www.geico.com/about/commercials/
ThatOneAdWhere... View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatOneAdWhere... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:00pm
I think the Kash ad that bothers me the most is the one where the guy is using a vacuum, and sucks the Geico money up with it.  If I saw a pile of money just sitting in front of me, I don't think I would try and VACUUM IT UP.
Moochamoocha View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moochamoocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 4:32pm
These ads are so stupid. A pile of money with eyes stalking people? If I saw a pile of money staring at me, I'd pick it up and go shopping after I rip the eyes off.
jeroboam View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeroboam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 9:04pm
Nah I'd keep the eyeballs on
then people would see me spending my creepy eyeball money and commend me for destroying that stupid little mascot..
"I see you were followed by that idiotic stack of money with eyeballs too huh"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic