Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

They're back: the old, pre-Christmas ads!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: They're back: the old, pre-Christmas ads!
    Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 6:38am
I heard it and groaned:  "Wellllll, yeeeeeeehnsterday, I had . . . ".  The Yoplait bitch is back.  Same commercial.  I forgot what other oldie but baddie was on right after it, but that was the worst, of course.
Sponsored Links

kk218 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kk218 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 6:43am
It's those new roasted paninis from Lean Cuisine!

And, yes, it's Glade!
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 6:45am
I remembered what the other commercial was:  "Fibah has nevah been bettah."  Yuck.
Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 6:55am
"We-e-l-l-l, laaast yeeeer I had key li-i-ime pi-i-i-i-i-e!"LOL
I noticed Progressive Insurance went to the trouble of doing a 'Flo' New Year's ad...why?
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 7:02am
Good question.  Maybe because you might consider it to be the New Year throughout January?  But no, it doesn't make financial sense.
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2009 at 9:06am
The grainy Cheerios "What else does the box say?" / "The box says shut up Steve."  ads are back too.    I swear that one has been on for over a year.    I hate the ugly, bitchy, snarky wife.   I hate the crappy video quality.   Probably because her face made the cameras stop working! LOL
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 6:38am
The stupid chemistry.com ads with the human beatbox.  But at least they cut it now before we have to hear his crap.  We just get her saying she promises not to wear flannel nightgowns and him asking why she has to wear any at all. 

If it comes down to a choice of this abbreviated one or the full one, I vote for this version!
meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 6:53am
Have you heard the news about Zyrtec?  The yellow shirt woman is back, and it isn't even spring yet.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 7:05am
Meinga!  How the heck are you?  Hug

And yes, she's been back for a few weeks now.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 7:51am
Oh, man . . . even the old Free Credit Report.com commercial with the pirate in the restaurant is back!!!

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 8:23am
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

Oh, man . . . even the old Free Credit Report.com commercial with the pirate in the restaurant is back!!!

Yay!!

Out of all the FCR ads, that's my favorite one and the only one I can tolerate.   

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 9:05am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Yay!!

Out of all the FCR ads, that's my favorite one and the only one I can tolerate.   

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Have to admit,I love the one in the sub-compact where the guy's "posse's getting laughed at".
jppuertorico85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jppuertorico85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

The grainy Cheerios "What else does the box say?" / "The box says shut up Steve."  ads are back too.    I swear that one has been on for over a year.    I hate the ugly, bitchy, snarky wife.   I hate the crappy video quality.   Probably because her face made the cameras stop working! LOL

Oh gosh...there's something abotu this commercial that makes me chuckle.  I think its just that even though its a bad stereotype, I find that at times I do things like that to my boyfriend!!

Like, the poor fella will just say something innocently, and I'll get all warped on him and try to assign a judgment to something he said!  Poor guy :)
Is visa really the only card accepted at [INSERT ANY SPORTING EVENT]???
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

Have you heard the news about Zyrtec?  The yellow shirt woman is back, and it isn't even spring yet.

As Faith said above, she's been back for a few weeks.

I'm wondering if this is a new version, or if perhaps I've grown a new tolerance for her perkiness.

I think it's a different version. 
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2009 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

Originally posted by meinga meinga wrote:

As Faith said above, she's been back for a few weeks.

I'm wondering if this is a new version, or if perhaps I've grown a new tolerance for her perkiness.

I think it's a different version. 

Well, either that, or we just appreciate her just SO much more than Snaggle-tooth.
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2009 at 1:17am

Back?  I don't think it ever LEFT!

But like Wild, it's the only one I like, so I don't mind. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic