Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jillian Barberie and Nutrisystem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jillian Barberie and Nutrisystem
    Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 4:45pm

I just saw this commercial and it pissed me off. I have always hated it but I had to get it out. A football is thrown her way and she says "Football. How many girls can do that?"

WTF. She acts like the majority of females have no hand/eye coordination and she is someone special. Why? Cause her fatass ate Nutrisystem now she has Super-ball-catching-powers! Lots of women play sports. Does she even know about the WNBA?? I hate to play sports but I can catch a bobdamned ball! Also, she is standing there in a pink silk camisole type deal, jeans and heels. I'd love to see how well football would go over in those heels. BUT! she can kick the "Before" photo out of the screen in em. She's so strong. Yeah, right. Ermm
Sponsored Links

msmith View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:10pm
When my wife and I watch football, she yells at the TV just as much as I do.  And she loves to go to baseball and football games.

My mom taught me about both of these, so I know of at least 2.  And my cousin was a catcher on the boys team in high school, and she likes to go to games too.

So where is the whole, girls don't play sports thing?
pcgh View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcgh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:41pm
I'm so over the whole Jillian Barberie thing. I thought her 15 minutes was up about 5 years ago. I never thought she was "all that" in the first place.

I lived in Ventura county several years ago, so we used to get all the LA-based network affiliates, which meant we got the actual local news program that featured Jillian in her full-time job as the weather girl. Like all the local LA news shows, the whole program had a distinctly Hollywood flavor to it. The male anchor was middle-aged and dressed in a professional-looking suit. The female co-anchor was a beautiful twenty-something with too much makeup. Jillian the weather girl rounded out the basic trio. Both women were dressed in skanky-looking street clothes. Most of the program was spent listening to them mindlessly banter about unimportant crap. It was like a morning radio broadcast, except on TV. It was painful to watch.

Now she's doing some quasi-weather-related bit on one of the football pre-game shows (I think it's Fox). Every time they show her, I switch to one of the other pre-game shows.
That's a bleepin' dead alien body if I ever bleepin' saw one.
FrauKruspe View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 5:53pm
I was wondering who the hell she was. First time I saw her hawking Nutrisystem I recognised the name. I just could not place where she was from. Did she do anything else except the weather girl thing? 
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 7:46pm
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 7:49pm
Well, damn. She still sucks though :P
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 10:22pm
WE used to get her stupid show here on the local FOX channel, that sh*t was nationally distributed for awhile!!   WHY!!!     It was typical FOX style: trashy and moronic.   They had some old grey haired guy sitting in the middle of the desk with two hot chicks surrounding him.   It looked like a washed up old playboy trying to "get some".   Sorry dude, you're no Hef.  

And she's supposed to be a "weather girl"?   I think she's just a weather READER.   I doubt she's an actual meteorologist.  
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 12:38am
I swear she looks like Ann Coulter, and guess we already what her perfect acting job would be! LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 5:48am
    She is an impostor to the human race. Maybe if she caught the football with her big mouth it would shut her up and satisfy her cravings.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Ad nauseous Ad nauseous wrote:

I swear she looks like Ann Coulter, and guess we already what her perfect acting job would be! LOL

OMG, you're right!  Maybe THAT's why I hate the bitch?
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 7:27am
She looks like she may have been "Anthony" Coulter prior to Nutrisystem.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2008 at 8:56am
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

She looks like she may have been "Anthony" Coulter prior to Nutrisystem.

Ann Coulter STILL looks like she could be Anthony!
20carrocks View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20carrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 1:18am
Of course she lost weight!  She had a baby, plus she more than likely has a personal trainer that made it all happen.
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 1:24am
 she gave birth to a football
lordiffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 1:34am
Her main claim to fame is that before she married and divorced a baseball player, she used to bone Football and Basketball players whilst she was a Fox LA weather girl and sports correspondant for Fox and ESPN.
She even did a few Playboy spreads. Now she does a currents affair show on Fox in LA (though for LA current affairs see vacuous and shallow news reports about celebrities and pseudo-celebs famous for their wealth and stupidity.)
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 1:58am
Originally posted by lordiffy lordiffy wrote:

Her main claim to fame is that before she married and divorced a baseball player, she used to bone Football and Basketball players whilst she was a Fox LA weather girl and sports correspondant for Fox and ESPN.

Well, there's your fitness routine, right there.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
rocketman70092 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman70092 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 3:44am

I wonder if that commercial is pissing off Steve Edwards this week?

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 4:16am

She even did a few Playboy spreads. Now she does a currents affair show on Fox in LA (though for LA current affairs see vacuous and shallow news reports about celebrities and pseudo-celebs famous for their wealth and stupidity.)

So she literally is some dumb whore on a commercial!!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Interesting...
lordiffy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 6:20am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

So she literally is some dumb whore on a commercial!!!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Interesting...

I used to work on production staff for a cable show she hosted called "The Test" and your description is quite a nice way of putting it. LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
smittykins View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smittykins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2008 at 10:31pm

Quote WTF. She acts like the majority of females have no hand/eye coordination and she is someone special. Why? Cause her fatass ate Nutrisystem now she has Super-ball-catching-powers! Lots of women play sports. Does she even know about the WNBA?? I hate to play sports but I can catch a bobdamned ball! Also, she is standing there in a pink silk camisole type deal, jeans and heels. I'd love to see how well football would go over in those heels. BUT! she can kick the "Before" photo out of the screen in em. She's so strong. Yeah, right. Ermm 

Yes, JIllian, even an unathletic schlub such as I can catch a football from 5 feet away.  And I love baseball, so there!

(As a semi-related aside, I noticed that the other day, our local paper's classifieds had an ad for "30 Nutrisystem meals, free for the taking."  I wonder why. Dead )
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 3:00am
Originally posted by smittykins smittykins wrote:

I noticed that the other day, our local paper's classifieds had an ad for "30 Nutrisystem meals, free for the taking."  I wonder why. Dead )

Probably because the portion size of those meals  is what I would normally find stuck to the sides of the pan after cooking a "normal" portion of said meals??  Wink   LOLLOL
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrauKruspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2008 at 3:16pm
To be quite honest a few years ago I did Nutrisystem. The portions are small but they want you to eat so damn much in a day. Instead of the month supply or whatever it lasted for like 6 :P 
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 6:10am
Now she's a brunette.  And there is just something off about her, no matter what her hair color.  This hairdo, though, puffs out at the sides.  I don't know what it is about her that bothers me so much.

But something that has always bothered me is women posing in a bathing suit and high heels.  It always looks stupid to me.  I know that the purpose of the heels is to make the legs look longer, but who the hell wears high heels when they go to the beach?

And I agree with 20carrocks about a trainer:  you can see that she works out, so it's not just what she's eating.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by FaithSF FaithSF wrote:

But something that has always bothered me is women posing in a bathing suit and high heels.  It always looks stupid to me.  I know that the purpose of the heels is to make the legs look longer, but who the hell wears high heels when they go to the beach?

But that was one of the main boardwalk attractions at Seaside in the 70's.  LOL

gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2008 at 10:34pm
    I think what bothers you Faith, is that it's her. She just galls the hell out of me too. From the moment I saw her and heard her voice I hated her with a passion.

As for Seaside in the 70's, that was a fun period of time. Marilyn Monroe and Betty Grable were fun pin-ups. Jillian Barberie is just plain gross
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic