Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Marriott, I have a question for you. WTF ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated to THIS forum!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marriott, I have a question for you. WTF ???
    Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 2:48am
Can someone please tell me what acrobats twirling around in curtains and contoring to get themselves an apple have to do with staying at a hotel ?  Cry  

These commecials are among the top of my hate list.  Cry   
Sponsored Links

meinga View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meinga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 4:54am

YEAH!!!!! These commercials are on constantly!  I know they are trying to make a statement about how spacious their rooms are but come on....why would "this" make me want to stay there?  I hate these too!!  OMG... as I am typing, this commercial came on again!  Residence Inn PLEASE STOP these stupid ads!

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:27am
ohhhhhhh......
They're advertising, or giving away APPLES, NOW???!!!

Nice touch.

I checked into the Marriott, in Washington, D.C., a few years ago - it was a bit different then.

They were giving away dirty rooms that had crabs in the bedsheets - no joke.

I checked out of their establishment and have never stayed at one since.

I DO NOT care what they have to say...nothing about "we're a franchise - it must be a local management matter, sir - can we give you a free night on us - with foreign crabs?"
I won't bite.

MARRIOTT has lost plenty of business after that (I always make a point of that to Travel departments of organizations with whom I do business).

And now you tell me they are finding a way to attract attention with an idiotic new add....

I don't EVEN need to see it. 

X               <sig.nature>
"What we do for ourselves dies with us, What we do for others is and remains immortal." - Albert Pike
BonosGal View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BonosGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

ohhhhhhh......
They were giving away dirty rooms that had crabs in the bedsheets - no joke.

Crabs as in, the ones in the sea? Or the ones you can get as an STD.
I swear to God I'll pistol whip the next person who says Shenanigans!!!
Orly View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 6:26pm
Yeah I hate these commercials. Oooh, look at the crotch shots on these bulemic or anorexic chicks...
"I know that human being, and fish can coexist peacefully".
-- G.W. Bush
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2008 at 4:33am

I don't know if this is the same ad, but there's one about Marriott that has this idiotic music playing... It sounds like somebody playing "Chopsticks" on Grandma's out-of-tune piano, and a guy singing "ba-ba-baaaah ba-ba-baaaah" Wow, must be nice to make such a retarded song and have a commercial deal and get paid royalties for it. What a country!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic