Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Hot child in the city" hair cut commercial.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoMEAT85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Hot child in the city" hair cut commercial.
    Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 6:49am
I keep seeing this ad that goes, "Hot child in the city," & it shows this girl with a messy half-hazard (am i using the right phrase?) hair cut & they're advertising to a hair salon!!!!!!!! The real kicker is that it says that her hair cut cost $15!!!!!! Are you sure it didn't cost $1.50? LOL Like I'd want my hair to look like it was cut by a 10-year-old!

(I'm Chanél & I approve of this message.)
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 5:01pm
Someone else mentioned that song somewhere here.  It's a song about child prostitution.  In fact, it's supposedly about an actual teenage prostitute who was (after the song came out) murdered by her pimp.  Another example of a corporation disregarding the meaning of a song, simply because it has a good catch-phrase.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 5:55pm
Damn!!!! I wanted to start a thread about this ad & forgot!!!

I hate that trampy looking skank!!!!

And whatever she's doing that I guess id supposed to be dancing.

She certainly isn't "hot" looking, though.

Sort of cheap & slutty is more like it.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 6:09pm
I've seen this one.

I don't think the girl looks slutty or skanky.  Her particular style (edgy, perhaps?) would appeal to a certain market.  If I had to guess, it would be the 15-24 year kids who are working for their money, and don't have a lot to spend on hair salons.

The song is catchy, although with its meaning it IS an odd choice.

The ad is unique.  When I saw it I thought it was dumb, but I'm not their target market.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 6:24pm
Even disregarding the meaning of the song, it seems an odd decision to sell "edgy" using a 30 y/o song.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

I don't think the girl looks slutty or skanky.

I guess it's just the tatoo on her shoulder for one thing, & something about her face that just gives me the impression that she's kind of vapid & trashy.

I'm just talking about impressions theough.

She could be a Phi Beta Kappa Ivy League coed for all I know.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
JimAyzing View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive
Formerly powerboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimAyzing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 7:55pm
Does anyone have a video of this ad?
GoMEAT85 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoMEAT85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 9:48pm
Well, I'm 23 & I HATE the haircut & don't see any appeal DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

(I'm Chanél & I approve of this message.)
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 1:10am

You are destined for better haircuts than theirs.

N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2008 at 3:32am
Video Please??

I'd like to see how bad this one is!
doggiethedog View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doggiethedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 6:45am
Never seen the ad, but I don't care what the song is about, IT ROCKS!!!!!SmileClapStarCool

It was sung by someone named Mick Guilder(sp?) and it was his lone hit (think one-hit wonder)
Sometimes you feel like an Idol
Sometimes you feel like an Idiot
gail View Drop Down
Never Posted
Never Posted
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 7:17pm
 The girl is nasty, the  haircut sucks, you're right about the song origin and then people wonder why their kids are f'ed up!

Next up will be Led Zeppelin's "Lemon Song" for the reconstituted lemon juice in the yellow "squeeze" bottle. Anyone that's a zep fan will get the gist. By the way , it's an awesome song.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by gail gail wrote:

Next up will be Led Zeppelin's "Lemon Song" for the reconstituted lemon juice in the yellow "squeeze" bottle. Anyone that's a zep fan will get the gist. By the way , it's an awesome song.

Oh, yeah.  LOL

Squeeze me, babe, 'till the reconstituted lemon juice runs down my leg

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by doggiethedog doggiethedog wrote:

Never seen the ad, but I don't care what the song is about, IT ROCKS!!!!!SmileClapStarCool

It was sung by someone named Mick Guilder(sp?) and it was his lone hit (think one-hit wonder)

That'd be Nick Gilder.  He had another hit (somewhere) in the mid-1970's, called Roxy Roller.  It also has to do with underage girls doing dirty deeds dirt cheap.  LOL

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 1:00pm
I saw her described as looking like a strung out heroin addict on another board where it was being discussed.

I tend to agree. She looks like a junkie.

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

Video Please??

I'd like to see how bad this one is!

It's not posted anywhere yet, but basically it's just a skinny girl in a form fitting, black party dress with a tattoo on her left upper arm, short, thick & shaggy platinum blonde hair, bangs covering her eyes so you can't see them & a really wide mouth stretched in an ecstatic smile, free-form "dancing" around in slow motion, in what looks to be an art studio with several unfinished paintings  leaning here & there against white walls with "Hot Child in the City" playing as the sound track.

Stupid.

C'mon, man!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 1:16pm
That description makes it sound an awful lot like Madonna's "Borderline" video:

Parts of it, anyway.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by HollyRock HollyRock wrote:

That description makes it sound an awful lot like Madonna's "Borderline" video:

Parts of it, anyway.

Talk about bad hair!  LOL

I recall thinking that look was bad even back then. 

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:08am
[QUOTE=Thor]Someone else mentioned that song somewhere here.  It's a song about child prostitution.  In fact, it's supposedly about an actual teenage prostitute who was (after the song came out) murdered by her pimp.  Another example of a corporation disregarding the meaning of a song, simply because it has a good catch-phrase.

Nuclear holocost, heroin addiction, child prostitution. You're absoloutely correct. They could not care less. At least they will not be using Lou Reed's heroin. It uses no enuendos!
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
alext View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alext Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 12:12am
you're on a roll sgt Tongue
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by sgtrock21 sgtrock21 wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Someone else mentioned that song somewhere here.  It's a song about child prostitution.  In fact, it's supposedly about an actual teenage prostitute who was (after the song came out) murdered by her pimp.  Another example of a corporation disregarding the meaning of a song, simply because it has a good catch-phrase.

Nuclear holocost, heroin addiction, child prostitution. You're absoloutely correct. They could not care less. At least they will not be using Lou Reed's heroin. It uses no enuendos!

Well, they could take the line "it's my wife and it's my life" to sell husbands jewelry to give to their wives on Valentine's Day or life insurance policies or maybe even Life cereal. 

I think that if they had to, they could do it.

sgtrock21 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgtrock21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:10pm
[QUOTE=Thor]

Well, they could take the line "it's my wife and it's my life" to sell husbands jewelry to give to their wives on Valentine's Day or life insurance policies or maybe even Life cereal. 

I think that if they had to, they could do it.

LOL LOL LOL LOL
EEEEts All so REEEdEEEculous
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic