Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Humana Medicare TV ad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallen1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Humana Medicare TV ad
    Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 11:36pm
For those who are on Medicare December 31 is the deadline to select "supplemental insurance" to help Seniors bridge the financial gap between what Medicare will pay and the balance they're responsible to pay. As a result there has been a glut of ads directed toward this audience. 

Because of recent surgery I've been homebound for the past month, much of the time regretably watching TV.   Among the channels I tend to watch include the History, Discovery, Nat Geo and Biography.

For the last week and repeatedly today one commercial in particular has become a source of real irritation edging on outright disgust and anger.  It’s for Humana Health Insurance Medicare supplement.  The commercial features a somewhat “typical middle class” retiree couple.  I guess the bizarre theme is supposed to be the “best things are worth waiting for” (what that has to do with buying insurance is beyond me). 

The guy is very soft spoken, timid and somewhat self-effacing, but very much still in love with his wife, sitting to his right.  The man who I like to refer to as Mr. P.W. tells about how he hooked up with his wife.  The wife or as I think of her as that “f***ing shrew b***h” starts bragging about how he she refused his first two proposals, finally giving in on the third suggesting that she was some frickin prize worth pining and begging over.  At this point I’m looking at that poor schmuck husband thinking if he was some kind of sadist or glutton for punishment.  But, the wife wasn’t done berating her husband.  She says that “there was one time that he started singing under my window me”, typically a cute romantic gesture.  Instead she says that “he wouldn’t stop until I yelled at him to stop!”  I’m thinking that this old crow is an arrogant c**t.  The poor Mr. P. W. goes on not knowing how slammed he’s getting from the love of his life.  After the typical commercial voice over insert touting Humana’s product.  The spot ends with the wife saying “some things are just worth waiting for”!

That poor guy’s life must be hell living all that time with such an arrogant, narcissistic egomaniac.  This commercial riles me up so much that I have to switch to another channel the moment comes on, along with mumbling some well selected expletives.

Sponsored Links

Irishman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Account Deleted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irishman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2008 at 11:39pm
I just caught a few seconds of that ad last night, when she was talking about him 'singing under the window'. It sounded like an ad I could live without seeing in its entirety! Sorry you had to endure the whole thing!
Spicy_Meatball View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spicy_Meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 3:48am
Originally posted by rallen1st rallen1st wrote:

The guy is very soft spoken, timid and somewhat self-effacing, but very much still in love with his wife, sitting to his right.  The man who I like to refer to as Mr. P.W. tells about how he hooked up with his wife.  The wife or as I think of her as that “f***ing shrew b***h” starts bragging about how he she refused his first two proposals, finally giving in on the third suggesting that she was some frickin prize worth pining and begging over.  At this point I’m looking at that poor schmuck husband thinking if he was some kind of sadist or glutton for punishment.  But, the wife wasn’t done berating her husband.  She says that “there was one time that he started singing under my window me”, typically a cute romantic gesture.  Instead she says that “he wouldn’t stop until I yelled at him to stop!”  I’m thinking that this old crow is an arrogant c**t.  The poor Mr. P. W. goes on not knowing how slammed he’s getting from the love of his life.  After the typical commercial voice over insert touting Humana’s product.  The spot ends with the wife saying “some things are just worth waiting for”!

That poor guy’s life must be hell living all that time with such an arrogant, narcissistic egomaniac.  This commercial riles me up so much that I have to switch to another channel the moment comes on, along with mumbling some well selected expletives.

I say you need to see a shrink and get over your "woman hate" issues, dear.  I've see this ad, and it's NOTHING like the offensive rubbish (replete with expletives about women) that you describe.  Your first post here on CIH didn't win me over.  Dead
"Mama Mia! That's a spicy meatball!!" ~~Alka Seltzer Ad
woodthi32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodthi32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 5:53pm
No, this ad is just gross. I actually googled and found this site to see if anyone hates this ad as much as I do. Glad to see that it is true!
ztigerpaw View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztigerpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 6:29pm
I HAATE this ad. The women is a such a bitch and they make it seem like thats a good thing, continues smiling to the very end. And this is a medicare commercial!? If I where him, I'd probely stop when she'd yell out of her women.
Stay frosty, Z
Tiz View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2008 at 8:04pm
 The only one I've seen on the same channels the OP mentioned, is just a weird looking talk person describing what Humana can save customers.
jiggs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiggs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 10:16pm
That Humana commercial bothers me too.  If it was true and she did turn him down 3 times, that's sad for him.  If she does say yes on the third time it leaves him feeling as if she really didn't want him.  Then to add salt to the wound she brags about how pathetic he was and how she had to stop him from the annoying singing that was only done as a token of his love.  That poor man probably lived a life of hell.  He probably never lived up to her expectations.  He was likely constantly told how dumb or inadequate he was.  She was lucky to find some poor sap that wanted her.  She probably accepted his third request because no others came.  Everyone but him could likely see how conceeded she was.Unhappy
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2009 at 5:24am
Originally posted by ztigerpaw ztigerpaw wrote:

I HAATE this ad. The women is a such a bitch and they make it seem like thats a good thing, continues smiling to the very end. And this is a medicare commercial!? If I where him, I'd probely stop when she'd yell out of her women.

Um. . . WHAT?!  Could you please re-read your post and try again?
pantrax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pantrax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 6:52pm
Saw the wretched thing again this morning.  Ten to one there's a gimp suit in that guy's closet, and various whips in hers.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 12:30am
Did it occur to anyone that these people are actors and most likely NOT a couple?  It's just a case of bad, BAD writing.
FaithSF View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
I donated!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FaithSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2009 at 2:29am
Has anyone else noticed that the announcer on the Humana ad (the one with just the announcer) is channeling Billy Mays?  The guy is yelling!  Not as loudly, of course, but noticeably.
IrishThreeFour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishThreeFour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2010 at 8:56am
This commercial makes me sick to my stomach! WHAT THE f**k ARE THEY SMILING AND LAUGHING AT! WHATS SO f**kING FUNNY!????!!! YOU ARE MARRIED TO A c**t!!!!!!!!
MrButler View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater
Formerly Angry Lil Fat Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 1:20pm
God I hate this f**king commercial. If you ask someone to marry them and they say no the first time move along.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2010 at 1:47pm
Well, we don't really know why she turned him down.  Maybe he proposed the first time after dating only a month.  I can't get too riled up over that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic