Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lume lady irks me

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lume lady irks me
    Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 5:02pm
Good Gawd this woman annoys me for a reason I can't put my finger on. 

And who smells so bad that they need to put anti-smell lotion or whatever it is on their butt cheeks? 

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Sponsored Links

Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by d4everman d4everman wrote:

And who smells so bad that they need to put anti-smell lotion or whatever it is on their butt cheeks? 

She and this commercial are repulsive. What is it with this trend of these white women in commercials who are loudmouthed, unattractive and for some reason think they're the funny girl in the group? Kind of like that obnoxious blonde on the Sonic commercials.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 7:54pm

Isn't this the function of butt cheeks---to keep the smell of butt from escaping so that flies don't swarm and no one knows your butt smells? I mean, God's no idiot; even he doesn't want to smell that stuff. Thus, butt cheeks.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 8:59pm
This product is just another case of a solution in search of a problem.

Then, when they couldn't find one, they just made one up.

How many times have you been out in public, walked past someone and thought

"Oooooooo-wee!!!! Dat lady butt be stankin'!!!!"

Or....

"Day-um!!!! Dat man got's him a case o' de stank ass!!!!"

I'll tell you how many.... NONE!!!

ZERO!!!

Why? Because most people shower or bathe and wash their crack when they do so. Unless you've got a case of the sharts (that was for you aka Ron) your ass isn't going to just start stinking bad enough so that anyone whose nose is further away from your anus than a couple of inches could ever smell it!!!

What a rip off.

Tell people they might have a stanky ass and a percentage of them will run out and waste their dough on your over priced ass-stank cream.

Unbelievable.

OTOH, this guy might be a good candidate....

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

This product is just another case of a solution in search of a problem.

Then, when they couldn't find one, they just made one up.

How many times have you been out in public, walked past someone and thought

"Oooooooo-wee!!!! Dat lady butt be stankin'!!!!"

Or....

"Day-um!!!! Dat man got's him a case o' de stank ass!!!!"

I'll tell you how many.... NONE!!!

ZERO!!!

Well, to be honest I've met a few people that made your eyes water with horrible BO, Jimbo. (I won't even count the times in Germany because thats an entirely different thing.)

I knew a guy way back in the 90s at Fort Campbell that was so damned funky the commander stopped him at the door to work and told him "Gio back to the barracks and take care of your hygiene. I'm tired of you stinkin' up my AO." (AO=Area of Operations)

His funk was nothing a good shower and hygiene couldn't fix, though. (trust me, Lume wasn't going to cover this). It got bad enough that one day a bunch of guys jumped him in broad daylight, carried him to the barracks and threw him in the shower and dared him to step out of it without cleaning himself. That might sound harsh but this guy smelled ..well, like my squad leader said "like a rancid turd". 
d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Pazuzu413 Pazuzu413 wrote:

She and this commercial are repulsive. What is it with this trend of these white women in commercials who are loudmouthed, unattractive and for some reason think they're the funny girl in the group? Kind of like that obnoxious blonde on the Sonic commercials.

I think you nailed it for me. It's the "haha, ain't I funny and cute" thing. It's not just this one commercial. She has several where she's trying to be "humorous" about "private parts" but it just comes off as desperately obnoxious. 

And why the closeups in EVERY commercial? Does she have Goat legs and feet from the waist down? 
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 8:49am

And why the closeups in EVERY commercial? Does she have Goat legs and feet from the waist down?

I think they could've made it funny if, rather than up close and personal, they had her talking about it at the dinner table, or even in a restaurant, where she goes to strangers' tables to talk about it with them.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I think they could've made it funny if, rather than up close and personal, they had her talking about it at the dinner table, or even in a restaurant, where she goes to strangers' tables to talk about it with them.

True, but OTOH, that too is becoming an overly familiar commercial trope.

I guess there really just is no optimal way to talk about stank ass or a product that is intended to control it.

Maybe they could have had a closeup of an actual talking ass on screen.

A pair of butt cheeks opening and closing in synch with the dialogue.

Or maybe two butts talking to each other about the stank problem one has, then one recommends the product to the other.

That might get some attention.

I would think that we as a society have evolved enough to no be outraged or offended by the sight of human buttocks on TV.

Or having one talk to us.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 8:50pm

And maybe promote the product with scratch-and-sniff cards. Before and after using the product.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 8:55pm

I'm thinking that maybe this product is the result of the twerking craze.

You can't tell me the air in that room is filling up with the scent of lilacs.

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 5:32am

Yeah, like the ad for the colon cancer test where the talking box STARTS a conversation with a guy in the restaurant (if I recall) by saying "I'm non invasive." Some pickup line, lol. 

d4everman View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d4everman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 4:07pm

I guess there really just is no optimal way to talk about stank ass or a product that is intended to control it.

A pair of butt cheeks opening and closing in synch with the dialogue.

Or maybe two butts talking to each other about the stank problem one has, then one recommends the product to the other.

That might get some attention.

I would think that we as a society have evolved enough to no be outraged or offended by the sight of human buttocks on TV.

Or having one talk to us.

Don't give them any ideas. We already have commercials with cartoon bears talking about wiping their butts, and a commercials with people talking about pooping.

In a few years they're just gonna come out and say "When ya gotta take a sh*t, use Brand X butt paper! It'll keep the sh*t stains outta your underwear!...and when you're done use Bootyhole Butt lotion so ya don't smell like sh*t!". 
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 6:21pm
I shudder at the thought of what commercials will be like in a decade or so.

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2022 at 8:59pm

^ See my post re Venus razors.

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:44am
Ya know - you guys are pretty funny when it comes to butt crack odor - never in a thousand years did I ever think I would post such a comment! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 6:43am
Quote Yeah, like the ad for the colon cancer test where the talking box STARTS a conversation with a guy in the restaurant (if I recall) by saying "I'm non invasive." Some pickup line, lol.

I'd imagine that the box shoving itself up the guy's butt is going to hurt, and that afterward it says "I lied..." 
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:46pm
I don't know, I definitely hate the commercials, but I kinda like the Lume lady. She's cute!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Pazuzu413 Pazuzu413 wrote:

i equally blame the obese and unfunny obnoxious Melissa McCarthy & the funny yet fat Amy Schumer
for mainstreaming the 'fat chick' into the collective Amerikkan consciousness
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 8:47pm

^ I don't know if McCarthy does standup, but as a comic actress, I think she's pretty good.

verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 12:07am
This is f**king disgusting.
Pazuzu413 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazuzu413 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Thuumb Thuumb wrote:

I don't know, I definitely hate the commercials, but I kinda like the Lume lady. She's cute!
Cute? She's repulsive. 
Nemo me impune lacessit
ilovewings1 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovewings1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 11:48am

She is so freaking annoying and the commercial is so repetitive! I call her a crotch sniffer- I mean she actually applies a number to crotch stink after so many minutes in a shower-- absolutely horrid.
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 1:14am
How did we manage all these years by just using soap and water?
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2022 at 2:21am
Originally posted by ilovewings1 ilovewings1 wrote:

She is so freaking annoying and the commercial is so repetitive! I call her a crotch sniffer- I mean she actually applies a number to crotch stink after so many minutes in a shower-- absolutely horrid.

I'm hoping they make an ad where she sticks her hand down her pants then pulls it out, sniffs her fingers and makes a stink face.

C'mon, man!
JustJason View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustJason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2022 at 7:45pm
If your ass and crotch reek that bad, you’ve got a much bigger problem than simply needing Lume.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic