Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New acid reducer-Aciphex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BadWX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New acid reducer-Aciphex
    Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 2:44am

Hey folks, there is a brand new drug on the market for heartburn.  It's called Aciphex. 

Pronounced ass-effects.

I can't figure out if this was stupid or brilliant.

The commericials for the drug aren't any more offensive than any other prescription drug ad...but that name.  Oh my.

Anyway, just wanted to get your thoughts.

Sponsored Links

Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 3:12am
ass-effects? LOL
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
jerseyfla View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerseyfla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 3:59am
Aciphex has been out on the prescription market for the last 8 years. Yes it is a funny name and it should be the name of a gastric med.

You want a funny drug brand name? How about Asacol. Asacol is used for Ulcerative Colitis, I used to joke around with the pharmacist and tell him "here's some Asacol for the Ass-a-Hole!" They actually make a suppository with the same drug but it's called Canasa, I guess Asacol would be too direct!!
Hootman View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hootman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 4:05am
You got your Flintstone Vitamins, well...

My favorite medicine is suppositories shaped like bad people....
Hitler, Sadaam, Osama, Idi Amin, etc.

Nothing like sticking one of those up your ass.

tucuxi View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tucuxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 4:12am
*snort* This made me think of the "Bet your sweet Aspercream (sp?)" commercial.
jenjen View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 3:19am
Oh they are just now advertising this stuff? I take Aciphex...been taking it for 2 years...it does work though. If I go for 2 days without the reflux comes back! Yecch....
That is a good play on words though...ASS EFFECTS....LOL!
Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Hootman Hootman wrote:

You got your Flintstone Vitamins, well...

My favorite medicine is suppositories shaped like bad people....
Hitler, Sadaam, Osama, Idi Amin, etc.

Nothing like sticking one of those up your ass.

LMAO!! I can see it now, Billy Mays and Paris Hilton rectal thermometers!!!! LOL I would say a John Basedow one, but that f**kin melon of his  would................well....rip you a new asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hey, is this the ad that says, "HEARTBURT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!?" Cause I have a little girl, and it doesn't change her!!! I have never had heartburn change a flat or a lightbulb, or even fabric softners!! I hate ads where something is said that is just plain out a f**king lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
suenewtotx View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suenewtotx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:10pm
The first time I heard this commercial, I wasn't sure what they were adverstising because I wasn't watching it & only heard some if it.  I thought they were saying "ass effects."  Then when I saw the entire commercial & knew what they were advertising, I thought it was a strange-sounding name for an acid reducer.Wacko
msdeli View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msdeli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 4:43pm
When you hear the commercial without watching it brings to mind all kinds of strange ideas.  Like neon running lights and a step up or something.
8 Track Single View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8 Track Single Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:15am
Anyone remember the orange- and cherry-flavored Aspergum pills?  I figured it was some kind of laxative, but it's actually a cold medicine that, at last check, was still available at CVS, though it's no longer advertised on national TV...nowadays, Aspergum's name is often confused with Asperger's, the form of high-functioning autism. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic