Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DirecTV - Serena Williams as Wonder Woman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Oh, hello... ARE WE WOKE YET? Angry Also, just the sound of the guy with the beard's effeminate voice makes me reach for the MUTE button.

Where have I seen this queer guy before?  So annoying!

Every TV show and commercial now just assumes every gay man in the universe is just in full-on Rainbow Warrior Mode at all times, walking around singing random listhpy show tunes non-stop while waving exaggerated Jazz Hands and sh*tting rainbow-colored unicorns everywhere they go, and it just isn't so. I know/work with several that if you didn't know it, you would have no clue. It's annoying and vomit-inducing to see - and frankly insulting to any that aren't like that.
Sponsored Links

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 1:45am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

Headric The Centertainer! Or aka
Cedric the HUMAN WASTE OF OXYGEN
I don't get either him or Steve 'Mask Face' Harvey as FUNNY
Throw Kevin James in there as well
Loud does NOT = funny
Now that i see this, Cedric essentially plays this on that totally
non-racial show of his Duh HOOD

Guy even just happens to be hosting the Emmys tonight. LOL I haven't watched the Emmys in eons, mostly because it's always on opposite football. Tongue
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 1:55am
LOL
Chiefs VS Ravens

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 2:48pm
really good game!
Unlike the Emmy debacle
Ya know whats even a bigger waste though? The TONYS
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
jgf View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 7:06pm
I gave up on awards shows years ago.  Whether Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, or whatever, it's obvious from all discussions the next day the only item of importance is what everyone is wearing.window.onbeforeunload = function() {}
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 9:45pm

I never cared about awards shows. And nowadays, there's so many awards, they've become meaningless.

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 2:15am
The first Tony Awards since 2019 are on CBS (and Paramount+) this Sunday night. Be there!! :-)
Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

Oh, hello... ARE WE WOKE YET? Angry Also, just the sound of the guy with the beard's effeminate voice makes me reach for the MUTE button. 

I figure when he's going "Serena...? Wonder Woman... Serena...? Wonder Woman..." he's trying to decide which one he wants to be.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2021 at 5:55pm
as per the ad..

HE CAN BE BOTH
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 5:54am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I never cared about awards shows. And nowadays, there's so many awards, they've become meaningless.

For celebrities, they are a step above participation trophies...   Wink
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 12:01pm
Looks like a wild baboon got loose in the mall
jgf View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2021 at 3:01pm

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Like bowl games.
Fahrenheit1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fahrenheit1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 12:38am
I've always been sick of his "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS" catch phrase. That was my biggest eyeroll moment of the commercial
Kelly H View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 3:57am
Get ready for a revamp on *Bewitched* Apparently there is one in the works with a Black Samantha and a White Darren - and the Darren is unemployed - yep - it is true - and this is all part of a greater plot to erase all white iconic tv - media - history etc and replace with blended cultures - just like the re-boot of *One Day at a Time* which lasted (surprise surprise) one season - it was centered around a hispanic divorcee and former army vet - and lets not forget the remake of Anne Boleyn with Black Actress Jodie Turner-Smith - these shows dont last for obvious reasons - but the damage is done - google now shows these actors when searched instead of the original - now personally I dont care if they make re-boots - whatever - but dont be taking real historic figures like Anne Boleyn and changing her ethnicity - it would be the same as taking MLK and having him played by Jett Lee or Daniel Craig.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

Get ready for a revamp on *Bewitched* Apparently there is one in the works with a Black Samantha and a White Darren - and the Darren is unemployed - yep - it is true - and this is all part of a greater plot to erase all white iconic tv - media - history etc and replace with blended cultures - just like the re-boot of *One Day at a Time* which lasted (surprise surprise) one season - it was centered around a hispanic divorcee and former army vet - and lets not forget the remake of Anne Boleyn with Black Actress Jodie Turner-Smith - these shows dont last for obvious reasons - but the damage is done - google now shows these actors when searched instead of the original - now personally I dont care if they make re-boots - whatever - but dont be taking real historic figures like Anne Boleyn and changing her ethnicity - it would be the same as taking MLK and having him played by Jett Lee or Daniel Craig.

Absolutely, 100% correct-a-mundo. 

And thank you for dropping in to express your thoughts on the subject. Thumbs Up 

Re: the Bewitched reboot.... ugh. Sick

Just ugh. Sick

Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York will be spinning in their graves 

And Dick Sargent will too, for that matter. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:21am
The nose twitching in the remake won't be a reference to magic, but to how bad the show stinks...
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:34am

I still don't know whether I'm supposed to acknowledge or even notice all this racial and/or gender stuff. Am I supposed to applaud it or pretend I don't even notice it (because color/pronouns supposedly don't matter to me)? Help! I need instruction, wokesters.

jgf View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 3:37pm

These days, I don't know if we're supposed to notice these things or not. Are we supposed to not notice a person's skin color (be color blind), or are we supposed to hone in on it?

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

I've often wondered about the hypocrisy of the US government.  We are told that age, race, sex, religion, etc. are not to be used as criteria for any decisions ....yet every form we must fill out for that government asks us for age, race, sex....
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by jgf jgf wrote:

I've often wondered about the hypocrisy of the US government.  We are told that age, race, sex, religion, etc. are not to be used as criteria for any decisions ....yet every form we must fill out for that government asks us for age, race, sex....

That probably has more to do with demographic statistical record keeping.

What percentage of each age, ethnicity & gender are using which resources, etc.

I doubt that these factors are used criteria for anything.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 4:33pm

I still don't know whether I'm supposed to acknowledge or even notice all this racial and/or gender stuff. Am I supposed to applaud it or pretend I don't even notice it (because color/pronouns supposedly don't matter to me)? Help! I need instruction, wokesters.

I think it's just that the traditional "underdogs" (minorities and women) feel they have to herald every achievement they make after centuries of living in a white, male dominated society and social structure.

Not saying i don't find it annoying, but I think I understand it.

I guess if I was in one of those categories, I'd be high-fiving and end zone dancing along with them.

My criteria for judging all this kind of stuff is "What would I do if I were in their shoes?"

C'mon, man!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 5:54pm
it wouldn't be SO annoying if they employed their OWN ideas instead of
apeing(sic) old white sitcom tropes OR populating victorian british or royal
scenarios of UNLIKELY for the times amounts of ethnic rainbowisms
there IS a reality factor involved that pretty much informs that us crackers
were overly affluent and highly oppressive to most of the ppl we enslaved
so seeing black dukes and aristocrats in these new 'woke' shows is
like a weird wannabe fantasy casting trend
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:12pm

Agreed.

Let them come up with their own new stuff with new characters and stop thinking it's OK to co-opt our memories.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Kelly H Kelly H wrote:

The page will not let my copy & paste.

https://dustyoldthing.com/interracial-bewitched-reboot/
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 7:11pm

Yeah, it's almost like they're telling us that the old show is better starring POCs. But, of course, it usually flops big time.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2021 at 8:05pm
Rehashes of ideas that struck a chord with society decades ago cannot realistically be expected to strike that same chord again decades later.

It was a different time and a different world in 1964 when Bewitched first appeared and I'm not sure if it did that well in the ratings to begin with. Like a lot of new shows, it might've taken a season or two for people to really warm up to it.

It was the same with Cheers.

Took a good couple of seasons or so before the writing and the actors to really develop the characters and people responded.

And speaking of Cheers.... how long before they reboot that one?

Sam Malone as a black ex-football player. Diane an aspiring... what? Female rapper? Black ballerina? Or would she be white? No, that would play into a stereotype. She'd have to be some kind of hoity-toity black girl with artistic ambitions similar to Shelly Long's original version. 

Carla would probably be a Puerto Rican with attitude and Woody would be the same kind of dumb, clueless white guy he was.

One can only speculate about Norm and Cliff. 

C'mon, man!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic