Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sauvage with Depp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sauvage with Depp
    Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 11:59pm
Geez - these commercials are more than cringe worthy! As usual, the commercials make no sense - guy digging a hole? Why? What is he burying? His acting career? And, yeah, I didn't attach a clip because I am on my Kindle and don't know how to do that.
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:25am
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:28am
Johnny Depp seems like a natural fit to schlep for some cheesey men's cologne....

And when the current ad campaign runs it's course, they can always sell the rights to a sausage company and with a few minor adjustments....

Depp seems kinda like a "sausage" guy anyway.... 

Tongue

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:33am
Thank you aka Ron (kev-dawg)! I don't use our computer much other than banking and paying bills and can't figure out how to post videos using my Kindle or IPad! You are a sweetie to help me!
Don’t be a dick to your dog! He is a few years of your life, but you are all of his!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:36am

According to one of those click-bait internet articles---this one about famous celebs with poor personal hygiene---Depp is more "Savage" than "Sauvage".

MustangMarj View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMarj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 12:41am
Thor - you made me laugh with your comment as I was thinking the same thing! Savage is so appropriate for Depp!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 5:55am
fyi "Depp" is a German word for "blockhead" or "dimwit"... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Johnny Depp seems like a natural fit to schlep for some cheesey men's cologne....And when the current ad campaign runs it's course, they can always sell the rights to a sausage company and with a few minor adjustments....

Depp seems kinda like a "sausage" guy anyway.... 

Tongue

LOL

When I see the name of this product, SAUSAGE is exactly what I see!  Not only that, the description iSpot gives in the title says...New Fragrance.  This ad has been around for years.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

LOL

When I see the name of this product, SAUSAGE is exactly what I see!  Not only that, the description iSpot gives in the title says...New Fragrance.  This ad has been around for years.

Yes, I recall the fragrance of my mom frying sausages in the morning when I was a kid. 

And I must admit, it is a quite pleasant fragrance at that. Tongue
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:07pm
I'm surprised this ad is still airing due to the Amber Heard scandal.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

LOL

Yes, I recall the fragrance of my mom frying sausages in the morning when I was a kid. 

And I must admit, it is a quite pleasant fragrance at that. Tongue

Agree on that.
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 2:55am
Johnny Depp and his obsession with imitating Keith Richards has bothered me for years. He was a decent actor back in the 1980's, but his career is over.
One man gathers what another man spills
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 9:54pm
He was great in the Pirates Of The Caribbean series!  The perfect role for him.  Things got a little too weird (super natural) in the later movies.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:19pm
I agree that the Pirates of the Caribbean series is Depp's best role.
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 5:58pm

He was great in the Pirates Of The Caribbean series!  The perfect role for him.  Things got a little too weird (super natural) in the later movies.

Like Jimmy mentioned about the Keith Richards adoration - - Depp got the inspiration for Captain Sparrow FROM Keith Richards.

He's even got the same skull ring as Keith!

But, I'm also glad Keith joined the cast of Pirates for that one movie.

The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 9:43pm

I dunno, I always liked him in Edward Scissorhands or Benny & Joon. He was more creative in his early career.
One man gathers what another man spills
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:42am
Quote aka ron wrote:

The first two movies, at least. The others are just so much bad plots and CGI garbagefest. (I thought Barbosa was the better pirate...)
If anybody wants/loves to see Depp die in a movie, I point you to the first Nightmare on Elm Street... 
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:38pm
I guess I'm not on the right channel right now.  Macy's has a half dozen men's cologne commercials going.

Is this what men/fathers really want for Dad's Day?  Honestly, I have never used such fragrances.  Back when I had partner, lover, spouse I thought clean was good enough.  These ads are so over the top! Like some overwhelming men's perfume is going to make her tear her clothes off and make love like there is no tomorrow.  GMAFB!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 6:02pm
So epic!  So unreal!  The ad says 'Valentines Day', but I'm seeing it here today.

Versace, is that another word for gay?

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:18pm
This gal has great...Ahem, a great tan!  Tongue  Wouldn't this love potion be washed off as soon as you take a swim?  Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 5:49pm

Acqua di Giò Pour Homme Eau de (Toilette) Spray,

Toilette spray?

For those who don't listen to the radio much. This is a popular song on our Alt. Rock station.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic