Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wonder why rudeness is so prevalent these days?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wonder why rudeness is so prevalent these days?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wonder why rudeness is so prevalent these days?
    Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 12:49am
I partly blame commercials.  Where else do you find people commenting about the smell of their friends' houses or stealing a stranger's food while their back is turned?

This rude behavior is tolerated and even laughed at in commercials, so I guess some idiots think it's all right to do the same thing.
Sponsored Links

B.the1st View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.the1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 1:10am
Personally, I don't blame commercials at all.  I blame the anonymity of the Internet.  People are getting so desensitized to insulting and berating strangers online anonymously, it is spilling over into people they encounter in "real" life.  And that scares me.  I didn't know what "rude" really was until 1997 when I read a horrible, vicious, insulting rant online about someone, posted anonymously.  You should have seen me that day!  My jaw was literally dropped when I first came across it.  I had no idea people could be so vicious so openly.

I fear mostly for the generation that only knows THAT.  At least those of us who entered adulthood with actual privacy know what the world was like before we could rant anonymously with such reckless abandon.  But the younger generation raised on it...those are the ones who seem to have lost a very important level of empathy when dealing with people.  It's like they don't perceive that the person in front of them has any more feelings than the computer they stare at most of the time.  And it's disturbing, to say the least.
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 1:24am
That's why I said I only "partly" blame commercials.  I know there are other factors in this equation, but the blatant rudeness that these advertisers promote doesn't help.
shadow View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 1:50am
I noticed today at the market how rude people have become.
The holiday season really brings out the best in folk.
I almost got killed by crazy cart wielding women.  They were flying around corners not even looking where they were going.  I had to really keep an eye on my kids lest they too get run over.  Stores get so congested that this behavior cannot be allowed.  
was feeling nostalgic
Hezadancer View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 1:58am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

I almost got killed by crazy cart wielding women.  They were flying around corners not even looking where they were going.  I had to really keep an eye on my kids lest they too get run over.  Stores get so congested that this behavior cannot be allowed.  

Tell me about it. My store is a zoo, and it will be until January. Today though I was lucky and got stashed in the back room to stock tons of merchandise for my department because I got laryngitis and can't talk above a whisper. I got a free pass not to deal with anyone today, it was so unusual.  People are crazy rude this time of year, don't even mention being sold out of something and not knowing when it will be in, it drives them mad. I can understand why but it's no ones fault and not something to get mad at the cashier for. Half the congestion in my section is due to people just leaving their carts and not taking them out with them, its on the way out to put them back and the empty carts still pile up everywhere! I could rant for days about customers and Christmas, but that's enough for now LOL
ThreadKiller View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreadKiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 2:30am
Hezadancer, you have my sympathies, and my respect. You also gave me a mild push down memory lane. I worked Christmas retail during my first one-year stint at Sears many years ago, then went back two years later for another fall and Christmas season to earn some bucks to get married. This was back when most people were civilized and marginally considerate. Even then, the Christmas season did bring out the worst in people. I hated working Friday nights or Saturdays (this was before stores were open Sundays...yeah, I'm old) because it meant total-shift stints at the register or running to the stockroom to see if maybe one more of "those" in "that" size had miraculously materialized out of thin air since we checked for the last customer ten minutes ago. You're right, you didn't want to tell anyone you were out. It's like people expected you to have an infinite supply of every item at the busiest time of the year.

Our other favoritie duty was cleaning up the displays. Sears ran a lot of "instant specials" in those days that they'd announce over the PA system. Shoppers would come a-running, stand six deep around the display, and the clerks would stand back and watch as shirts or pants or whatever flew in graceful arcs through the air over the heads of the mob, as people tossed aside what they didn't want. As expected, what remained after the sale was over looked like war zone debris.

One Christmas, of my favorite coworkers, an easygoing, part-time college student named Andy, attained immortality with this quote, uttered after being reamed by yet another irate shopper: "Tis the season to get ticked off!" I've repeated that, out loud, at least once every Christmas since then when I've seen someone get ignorant with a store clerk.

Some things never change. This past Saturday, I braved the early Christmas shopping crowd at WalMart to get one or two items. The poor solo checkout clerk back in the garden department entrance had a 15-deep line and no help. Fortunately most in line had only one or two items, so it wasn't long till I got to the cashier. Turns out some selfish idiot had decided they didn't want to wait through the long Saturday morning lines at the main checkouts, so they push a whole cart of groceries to the other end of the store to get a fast checkout at the garden dept. register. Nice idea, except for the THIRTY PEOPLE BEHIND YOU!!!

Even worse, the next dozen people took it out on the cashier, who had called managers several times for help and got none. WalMart sucks, and so do many people these days.

Ah well, I will think of you, Hezadancer, as I shop this season and will try to be extra nice to the store personnel!!! Hug

Hundreds of threads killed.
thespianmom View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thespianmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 4:38am

Years ago, when my kids were little, I had a job for which I would get laid off every year around Christmastime, so I had the bright idea of working for Toys R Us.  So, you all have my sympathies about rudeness, etc.  And my utmost respect.  I don't know about now, but then it was for minimum wage, and I worked harder than I did at any other job (physically, anyway).  They didn't even give an employee discount!  I remember getting to the point after, when being asked for the 1,000th time to check for some particular toy that wasn't in stock, telling them it was out, and having them INSIST that I look, that I would stand in the stairwell for 5 minutes, come out, and announce...nope, we're out of it!!!  I felt guilty to stick them in the middle of the shopping season, but New Year's Eve, I was out of there.

Portia View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Portia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 3:30pm
Since this thread seems to be OT now, I will offer my empathies to Hezadancer.

I work at a membership desk at Sam's Club. Our store is usually very busy, but I'm finding my first holiday season to be extra hellish. As part of my job, I have to sell memberships and store credit cards. We have two types of memberships, one a higher end than the other. It also costs more.

Of course, the managers are on our backs to push the higher end memberships and credits. But with the economy as it is and people's job histories what they are, people aren't spending more to get the higher end memberships and they sure aren't signing up for store credit.

Then we have all the other fun that comes from working the desk: the people calling up to find out if we have Wii's, Guitar Hero, whatever. Typically, they don't have the item number, which means it takes longer to find the item, then we have to search another computer to find if we have it in stock. Even if it says yes, that's no guarantee that it'll be in when the customer comes into the store. And no, we can't hold items for customers because we never know if they're really going to come in while someone in the store actually wants to buy the item. And no, we can't give prices over the phone because we might have it at one price, you could get it at a different price at our Gaithersburg store, a different price at our Annapolis store and a different price online.

And I know exactly what thespianmom is talking about when it comes to checking the stockroom. I usually get 10 people a day asking how I can know if item du jour is is or isn't in stock. Here's a clue: You're the 10th person asking me! When I try to tell this politely to them, they get mad. Sheesh.

And when we're not dealing with all that, we get all the people from the registers who have been over- or undercharged or the people thinking we can tell them why their credit was declined. Thing is, we have no information about their credit to protect their privacy. So they're upset that their credit was denied, then they're upset that they have to stand in line at the desk, then they're upset when we tell them all they had to do was call the number on the back of their card in the first place!

*sigh* I'll be thankful when the holidays and return season are OVER. I'll be even more thankful if I can get a job in my field. I'm only doing this until then, whenever that is.

If you're still reading, thanks. Ermm

Stay thirsty, my friends.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 4:57pm
I 'did retail sales, in my younger days.  I was in the audio department at Lechmere - how's that for a blast from the past?

It's been so long, that I mostly remember the fun stuff.  Focus on that, if you can.  We would crank the Christmas tunes and were young enough not to get sick of them.  There would be festive decorations Wink and a party or two.

Generally we'd be home on break from college, so we'd catch up with our old friends who went to different schools - and make new friends.  There were plenty of after-hours parties with the same folks who didn't have a ton of cash because they all pretty much did the same job as me....

Santa was around, which is generally nice.

The energy was frantic, but for the most part - positive.  Then again, this was during the Reagan administration.

If that fails, remember that it will be over in about 6 weeks.
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 6:16pm
Thanks all, I require no sympathies for my job, I actually enjoy it for the most part. I will however take them for my laryngitis, it made me call off work today. I work for TRU in the electronics area, and its probably the most question intensive area of the store. I can't talk above a hoarse whisper, so there's no way I'd be able to explain the type of things people would need me to. I would have been by myself part of the shift with no one to refer questions to, and my throat is sore as it is. I almost never call off, and I've never called off around the holidays. Hopefully my voice will be back for "black friday", I get to come in at 4:30AM! I think I'm not on register though thank God.

Thespianmom, how long ago did you work for TRU? We get a 10% discount on everything but video game systems, ipods, diapers, gift cards, and formula. Basically the same things a regular coupon excludes.
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by thespianmom thespianmom wrote:

Years ago, when my kids were little, I had a job for which I would get laid off every year around Christmastime, so I had the bright idea of working for Toys R Us.  So, you all have my sympathies about rudeness, etc.  And my utmost respect.  I don't know about now, but then it was for minimum wage, and I worked harder than I did at any other job (physically, anyway).  They didn't even give an employee discount!  I remember getting to the point after, when being asked for the 1,000th time to check for some particular toy that wasn't in stock, telling them it was out, and having them INSIST that I look, that I would stand in the stairwell for 5 minutes, come out, and announce...nope, we're out of it!!!  I felt guilty to stick them in the middle of the shopping season, but New Year's Eve, I was out of there.

Ooooh! Where to begin.....

Those people would annoy me. Even when I worked the stock for that particular item/aisle/special an hour earlier, I would still get that. I would just go in the back and BS with another clerk (oops, I mean "ASSOCIATE") long enough so the customer will think twice before asking me to do that again.

What annoys the hell out of me even more is when we were out of something, the customer would say:
"Well, you should have ordered more."
 Then they go and preach to me about how to order, like they know how to do my job. Well, duh, I really wanted to lose the sales my store would have made by not having that item in stock. Like I do it on purpose.  As if I have a crystal ball in the back office that tells me exactly how many of that item is going to sell this week.

And the one that tops them all:
"I have worked in customer service for x years, and I [insert proof that you are a hypocrite here]"
Well, if you really worked with customers for as long as you have said, you would know how much you hate people like yourself. People who say this are the biggest hypocrites in the world. Besides, chances are, the customer service type jobs you worked was not a retail one because you would know things from the other point of view.
Skippy View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
Formerly Skibibbles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2008 at 11:22pm
I felt like splitting this post in two. This part is Rated R.

On my last day at my assistant manager job in a supermarket of 10 years, I was ready to give my notice, since it was conflicting with my Post Office job. I really wanted to stick around, but it just wasn't possible. So that day, I got paged to the seafood counter because a customer was complaining that the new kid back there didn't know what he was doing. When I was paged, I was dealing with another customer, and it took me a few minutes until I was done. As soon as I was done with that customer, the complainer came up to me and asked if I was the manager on duty, and told him I was (store manager left to get supper), then rudely asked me what took so long. When I told him I was waiting on the first customer, he didn't want to hear that. We walked back to the seafood counter, he was bitching the whole way back. I got behind the counter to get him what he wanted, and I thought he was finally satisfied. No, instead he started to bitch about the ice in his bag of shrimp. That was it.  I took the bag of shrimp, dropped it on the floor and said "F*** THIS! I spend the last 10 years dealing with a******s like you and I don't need to anymore. I don't need to wait on your sorry ass anymore. So, F*** this, and by the way F*** you!"

I did what so many people who deal with customers have dreamed about . Granted, I burned a few bridges, but you only get one chance to do something like that. Karma did bite me in the ass on that one. The whole time I was dealing with this guy, I kept thinking to myself that this guy looked familiar. A few weeks later I realized that he was the guy that did the recycling commercial that appear on the local news about 3 times every night. I had to quit watching the local news because of him.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 12:15am
Not to pass judgement, or anything.... Shocked
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hezadancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 3:17am
Holy crap Skippy, I don't think I would had the balls to do that, even if it was my last day, but bravo to you!

About your other post, I get what you mean about the infinite supply of X item. Since not many people are allowed to scan things in and out of the back room and I'm one who's allowed I have an odd knowledge of things that I KNOW are in the back and things I KNOW we're out of. If I have an inkling its in the back, I'll gladly go look, but if I know damn well it isn't back there I tell the guest I was just working  in the back and I know it's not there. Also most big box stores have NO ordering control, it isn't up to the individual store what they get in, bitching about selection to anyone at store level is wasting your breath, only corporate can correct it.

I don't get the "I know retail I worked in retail bla bla bla" too often, but I have a similar response to yours, that they're probably idiots who can't see that THEY are the object they hated. I always thank my cashier, I never talk on my cell when I get to the counter, and I never ask someone to look in the back for an item because I know that it would very likely be on the floor if they had it. I understand where people are coming from, its not like I don't shop places too, but I also never yell at someone when I know it's out of their hands. In fact I don't yell at anyone or complain period. Came close to at Red Lobster once because the waitress took my husbands drink for a refill and never brought it back and never brought us our bread, but I'm forgetfull too so I just let it go.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 3:31am
I think the rudeness is more of a result of the ever increasing complexity & stress of modern life. People have been getting gradually more & more rude for a long time now. Probably started in the 60's, but was confined mostly to big cities. Now we've gotten to the point where it's everywhere, smaller towns included. Life is just too complicated nowadays & the stress of it seems to be getting to people.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
SokMunkie View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SokMunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 3:52am
Wow, this has gotten WAY OT.  My whole purpose of this thread was to have people point out rude behavior in commercials.  My title was a joke.  I guess I should have made myself more clear.  I don't think that commercials are a main cause of rudeness.

Sorry about that.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 3:58am
I think the impersonality (impersonalness?  I dunno---there's got to be a better word) of many of the box stores and faceless mega-institutions we go to, makes it seem more OK to be rude.

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 4:00am
Originally posted by SokMunkie SokMunkie wrote:

Wow, this has gotten WAY OT.  My whole purpose of this thread was to have people point out rude behavior in commercials.  My title was a joke.  I guess I should have made myself more clear.  I don't think that commercials are a main cause of rudeness.

Sorry about that.

Well, in your title, you did ask "why".  You have nothing to be sorry about...it's a good conversation.

I don't know if commercials are necessarily a cause of rudeness---but perhaps they mirror what goes on out there.  And hey, if people see enough of it on TV, why wouldn't we expect them to start behaving that way in real life?

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 4:34am
People acting like jerks is considered funny.

Always has been.

Nothing new there.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
britastar View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britastar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 4:38am
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

God Shadow...I can't tell you how my blood pressure rose the other day while I was in the store.  This wasn't the market though...I have to give credit where credit is due...Acme employees are usually very helpful and very nice...so a a tip of the hat to them. 

However....I shop at TJMaxx frequently and I can say I have never encountered a more miserable grouchy, indifferent, blatantly rude staff than the one located here.  This poor woman walked out after standing in line for 20 minutes.  When she inquired if whe was going to be waited on (politely), the grumpy employee cut her off before she even finished asking and said in so many words that "...that is just the way it is".  There were 2 people manning the registers and the other employees took their break.  The customer just inquired as to why 3 employees would take a break simultaneously when there are customers waiting to pay. 

I felt so bad for this woman as she looked so forlorn limping out into the cold without being able to buy a hat.  And being treated so rudely on top of it.  When I think about it, I should have grabbed the hat and put it with my purchase...damnit.  Didn't think of that.
ilikestupidadssoshutup-MrsHill   

PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 5:00am

Yup, Jimbo - think you've stumbled upon something.

For the most part, our society has clearly become desenitized in regard to matters of 'simple civility' and very much more aware of considering only self. Personally, and without going into explanation (really shouldn't HAVE to), the long-range effect reaches far beyond 'rudeness' - the 'social fabric' is frayed. It can be repaired as long as everyone does their part in 'leading by example'.

There is hope as long as it is remembered that people change.

Keeping one basic thing always in mind:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

(For those that may have never heard the above phrase, here's a 'reference point' for the 'simply clueless': http://www.bartleby.com/59/1/dountoothers.html )

So...'Leading By Example' has left you wondering what I mean? I'll offer a few examples - but remember this - they must be performed in front of others and you must remain consistent with your actions:

1.) Always open the car door for Your Lady, let her get situated, close it (people ALWAYS watch that one).

2.) Hold doors open for others - let them go in first (this is also a good move if what is on the other side of the door is dangerous).

3.) Remember 'Sir' and 'Mam'. Use those with ANYONE; even the person handing you the bag of McDonald's goodies. 

4.) Always rember your "Excuse Me"'s - make certain they are sincere. If someone has clearly forgotten theirs, feel free to remind them with "You're Excused", or "EXCUSE YOU!" - be sure and be loud enough to draw attention to the rude slob.

HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2008 at 5:41pm
I was thinking along those same lines, Pa (although I'm not 100% on board with #4 on your list Wink)

Rudeness is so prevalent because so many of us are more concerned with other people's rudeness, before our own.

I can't control other people, but I can control me.  Usually.
PaWolf View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary
Hoary Ol' Chestnut... doncha know....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 1:16am

I'm gettin' a tad cranky and impatient there, these days, HR.

One fine spring day, why...before you know it...it'll be you doing the very same thing.

I won't say 'trust me', but I will bet on it. 

Wild Starchild View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Starchild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 3:27am
My Grandfather owned an appliance repair and sell shop, and I managed it for years. I used to load the scrap iron trucks to get rid of old appliances we junked. In my earlier years I was HUGE like a wrestler and had a temper even worse. Got my ass in trouble MANY MANY times, BUT I was always a nice guy and very courteous to my customers. I always tried to treat them as I wanted to be treated. But I NEVER WILL forget this one guy who came in one day looking for a used dryer.

The guy came in and asked me for a good working dryer, and told me in a NOT-SO-POLITE way he didn't wanna get ripped off. I told him, I had one that was very nice and I'd be glad to make him a good deal. He kept on being an asshole, sniping at me at every chance, but I stood there wanting his money, needing it actually cause it had been a slow month and we had bills to take care of.  Anyway, after I made this sh*t head a great deal, undercutting my price tag amount by $25,  and still giving him a warranty he finally loaded it up and left my store.

About an hour later, someone calls me and starts cussing me like a sailor, calling me everything under the sun. It was this guy telling me the dryer I'd just sold him was a POS and that I had better get my ass out to his house and check it out or it was gonna be BAD!! Yeah OK jackass!!! But anyway I asked him on the phone if he was sure he didn't drop it or if he was sure that the breaker hadn't tripped? He responded by telling me he wasn't a stupid ass, or a dumb sh*t and called me dishonest, a f**king liar and everything else that crossed his small mind!! So I grabbed up my toolbox, jumped in my truck and went to the guys house.

This sh*t head met me at the driveway and cussed me  until I got in the house. I felt bad cause I'd already spent his money. Like I said, I had bills to pay and I KNEW the dryer was a good one.  So I get to the dryer, and he had it stuck in a closet, and it was one of those deals where you have to be a gymnast to actually get th frigging thing in there. I tried to start it...nothing!! I wondered what the hell had happened to it cause it worked FINE at my shop.  I just happened to look behind it and guess what??? This guy...this super intelligent,  not a dumbass, smart mouthed jackass of a sonuvabitch, had not bothered to PLUG THE DAMNED DRYER INTO THE POWER SUPPLY!!! This is where, "WILD" lost his f**king cool. The guy was still running his mouth, and I just looked at him and said, "Hey Mac, I found your trouble!! Have a look!!" He popped up and looked over behind the dryer and saw the power supply dangling and had the f**king nerve to say, I unplugged it!!! OMG!!! I went off on him, and I told him in VERY certain terms that he was a f**king asshole, and I ought to drag him out in his front yard by him yelling lips and beat the holy f**k outta him!! I told him, not only is he going to pay me full price for the dryer, but he also owed me $50.00 for a service call, for having to come out and fix the dryer. (I plugged it in for his stupid ass!!) I let him know that if he didn't like the terms of the situation that he could opt for the first option. He started to write me a check, and I told him I'd only accept cash, and that I'd wait till him wife went and got it if he didn't have it, or I was loading the dryer up and taking it back to the shop with me. He never said anything smart to me again..I guess it was just something about my "TONE" that encouraged him to chose nicer words. He's luck...REALLY LUCKY that I didn't wrap a 12" adjustable wrench around his melon!! I told him, I didn't give a f**k if the dryer BLEW UP the next day...don't call my shop again. don't dare come in, and if I ever saw him even drive past it and look at me, I was going to hunt him down and beat his ass to a bloody pulp!!! I know that was extreme, but if you guys could have heard the way the guy spoke to me at first, you'd understand.

AW DAMN!!!! Wild Shot the friggin TV again!!!
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2008 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by PaWolf PaWolf wrote:

I'm gettin' a tad cranky and impatient there, these days, HR.

One fine spring day, why...before you know it...it'll be you doing the very same thing.

I won't say 'trust me', but I will bet on it. 

Oh, I'm more than a smidge cranky and impatient these days, myself.  I realize that there are a gajillion people "out there" who feel the same way.  I wish I had a magic remote control where I could mute, or pause, those rude folks that cross my path... but I don't.

My intention is not to feed the beast, as long as that is possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic