Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Insurance companies Worst ads?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: What Insurance company has had the worst ads?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [15.79%]
13 [68.42%]
2 [10.53%]
1 [5.26%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance companies Worst ads?
    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 6:43pm
Or Aflac or some other. 

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 7:05pm
I hate insurance companies, all of them!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 7:50pm
liberty all the freaking way
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 8:30pm
Oh man...you had to torture me. LOL I wish I could three-way tie GEICO, Progressive and Liberty My A$$ (R).

I'm guessing you know who I picked.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Oh man...you had to torture me. LOL I wish I could three-way tie GEICO, Progressive and Liberty My A$$ (R).

I'm guessing you know who I picked.

mmmm Liberty! Wink
we are the music makers
Asmodeon View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmodeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 8:56pm
Liberty. From that freakin' oversized Colonel Sanders escapee with the doorway reject from Studio 54 to the Christmas "nostalgia" spot, they aren't even mildly amusing, just simply obnoxious ads where the creators are too busy feeling each other up to worry about good, creative advertising.
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2021 at 9:29pm
Liberty. Their ads get cheesier and cheesier.
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 12:53am
Here's the one that stared them all.  I like the bass in the song.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

I personally like the piano in the song. The bass is pretty good too.
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 3:11am
This is strange... GEICO should be winning this poll by a landslide. LOL
UrbanMonkey View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 3:42am
Not sure why I can't vote in this poll...but Liberty Mutual is the undisputed champion of the year, not just insurance ads.  I want to see the commercial where the emu gets tired of that stupid BS tagline and just kicks Doug's face in to death.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 8:39am

Are you sure about that? I'm thinking the gecko came first. Or maybe it was tha Rod Serling spokesman guy.

NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by UrbanMonkey UrbanMonkey wrote:

Not sure why I can't vote in this poll...but Liberty Mutual is the undisputed champion of the year, not just insurance ads.  I want to see the commercial where the emu gets tired of that stupid BS tagline and just kicks Doug's face in to death.
Gotta go down and click "Cast my vote."
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 4:30pm
funny I thought more people would hate FLO and Jamie and safe drivers save 40%

But I am happy to see that most agree that LIBERTY is the worst 

even the jingle is sung bad ... totally uninspired 
we are the music makers
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 5:07pm
"Research shows..."  STFU!  What research, you freaking idiots!  I have NEVER hit a woman, but I would love to punch the Asian/black girl in the throat!  Angry

I suppose I will have to punch the husband too. I just knocked out his wife and knocked up the ad whore.

did I ever mention how much I hate the insurance companies?

jon1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 2:53am
Originally posted by HART HART wrote:

funny I thought more people would hate FLO and Jamie and safe drivers save 40%

But I am happy to see that most agree that LIBERTY is the worst 

even the jingle is sung bad ... totally uninspired 

I do think the Progressive Flo/Jamie ads are beyond annoying. The worst one at the moment, IMO, is when they're trying to sing Danny Boy. WTF?

But yeah, I'm way way done with "Doug and Limu" - and if I have to hear "so you only pay what you need" one more time...:-(

But then, all of a sudden, there's Car Shield taking over the airwaves...aaarrggh!!! 

Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 3:24am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Are you sure about that? I'm thinking the gecko came first. Or maybe it was tha Rod Serling spokesman guy.

That is definitely not the first Caveman commercial. Pretty sure it was this one:

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 8:06am

There was a time where GEICO commercials didn't suck! Personally, I was happy to see this one again when they reaired The Best of GEICO. Also the squirrels. Albeit they had some very quirky commercials in the early days, including the first Gecko ads with Kelsey Grammer ('Frasier'), the car that gets hit by a shooting star in the sky, and the dumbass that pours lighter fluid on his barbecue.

There was also a time where Liberty my a$$ didn't suck either. I'd give anything for them to send that emu back to an exotic animal farm, fire Doug, and bring back the ads with 'Human' by The Human League.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

There was a time where GEICO commercials didn't suck! Personally, I was happy to see this one again when they reaired The Best of GEICO. Also the squirrels. Albeit they had some very quirky commercials in the early days, including the first Gecko ads with Kelsey Grammer ('Frasier'), the car that gets hit by a shooting star in the sky, and the dumbass that pours lighter fluid on his barbecue.

There was also a time where Liberty my a$$ didn't suck either. I'd give anything for them to send that emu back to an exotic animal farm, fire Doug, and bring back the ads with 'Human' by The Human League.

I miss the old Liberty Mutual ads too. They used to have one where they had a very soft song with a very soft sounding singer and a piano and a very soft voiceover artist. This was around 2007.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 6:23pm
I think 3J solved that mystery.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:37pm
are the Insurance cos. trying to out dumb each other? I think theres some sort of MONGOLOID contest
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

are the Insurance cos. trying to out dumb each other? I think theres some sort of MONGOLOID contest

I could be wrong, but this might be Little Flo:

HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

I could be wrong, but this might be Little Flo:

THOR I HAVE TO SAY YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR 

AND I AM GLAD !  AS A NEWBIE TO THIS GROUP I HAVE STRIVED TO 

RAISE EYEBROWS' MAKE WAVES AND MAKE JOKES 

YOU WIN THE PC AWARD WITH THIS ONE 

IT EVEN SHOCKS ME ...CONGRADULATIONS  
we are the music makers
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 12:41am
Dead Even the super short 15 second ad is just annoying. If you're gonna simply rush this so called memorable ad with "nostalgia," why bother, don't air it at all.

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 3:00am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Dead Even the super short 15 second ad is just annoying. If you're gonna simply rush this so called memorable ad with "nostalgia," why bother, don't air it at all.

This is the worst 15 second ad I've seen. Very poorly made and doesn't show the most "important" part of the ad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic