Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RIP Conchata Ferrell ('Berta')

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RIP Conchata Ferrell ('Berta')
    Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:08pm
OK, this one hits me really hard. Two and a Half Men is one of my favorite sitcoms (and it went down the tube fast after Charlie was pulled off). But Conchata Ferrell, playing Berta the Housekeeper, made the show even funnier. Her snarky lines and dialogue kept the show going and she was even in some of the plotlines. She died at 77.

Dammit!!! And f--k 2020 forever!
RIP! CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/13/two-and-a-half-men-star-conchata-ferrell-dead-dies-77/

Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:13pm

I just posted on this, too. But you beat me to it. I'll delete my thread.

RIP, Berta.

Oh, and that scene you posted is from one of my favorite episodes.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2020 at 10:59pm
She's been in a,million things and every one has,been enjoyable.

RIP, dear lady.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 12:58am
Back in the 70's (a much younger) Conchata Ferrell had a small role in an episode of The Rockford Files.

She played a Hollywood talent agent who Rockford sort of flim-flammed or bamboozled into revealing the name of the mother of a child "actor" who the mom was desperate to get into show business.

The reason being that Rockford's client was a pro football player who was on trial for murder and he needed the kid's mom to testify at his trial.

The episode title was "Crack Back".

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 5:38am
The scene I posted is one of my favorites. And that particular episode is side-splitting funny anyways, the whole plot of the S-a-tan worshipping woman and Charlie trying to date her...
Another one of her funniest moments was when Charlie was dating Lydia, who had the snooty personality of his mom. 'The only difference between those two broads is you came out of one...' LOL
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 8:36am

^ Ha! When I posted my comment, I was thinking of that episode (Charlie dating a woman who's so much like his mother) as being another of my favorites. The way everyone but Charlie could see that---particularly when Evelyn and Lydia stood facing each other---was hilarious.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:06pm
The show went straight to Suckville in a bucket after Charlie left.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2020 at 2:32pm

^ Yeah, even though all the other characters remained the same, it became almost a totally different show.

Another good episode involving Berta, was the one in which Megan Fox appeared as Berta's granddaughter.

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2020 at 12:07am
Don't forget her daughter Naomi and Berta's search for the father of her baby...who turned out wasn't the father but was still a meth-making addict anyways.
Also, the feud she had with Daisy! That was awesome. Camryn Manheim, who had just wrapped up 'The Practice.'

Chuck Lorre and Lee Aronsohn came up with some hilarious s**t when Charlie was the star. I refuse to watch Walden episodes. I don't know how 12-15 million people watched that idiot a week, but they did!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2020 at 4:24pm
Sad to hear about Conchata. I've seen Two and a Half Men a few times and thought she was funny. May she R.I.P.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic