Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst commercials so far of 2020.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst commercials so far of 2020.
    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 3:04am
With the year being half over already, what are the worst commercials so far this year? 

I think my least favorites are any of the depressing Covid-19 related ads.
Sponsored Links

Gsrecaps View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gsrecaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 5:23am
Let's see what I can think of:
Liberty Mitual - Limu Emu and that annoying jingle.
Every Geico ad including a few they recycled.
That Pull ups ad. Seriously, that rap is quite annoying.
MontanaTrav View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MontanaTrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 5:51am
Limu Emu hands-down end of discussion period FULL STOP.

Especially the last couple when he has the toothpick in his mouth. Just wanna shove it up his ass. 
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

With the year being half over already, what are the worst commercials so far this year? 

Agreed! The car ads started this nonsense, everyone else jumped on it. 

Hitting all the key overused terms - "Now more than ever." "In this challenging, unprecedented times," "We're all in this together...." blah blah. 

Oh...and Skyrisi. That damn sh*t ad, absolute crap song STILL airs and goes on instant mute!

The new "Jake" State Farm ads annoy me. The original with the angry wife years ago yelling "what are you wearing?" was comical for a few minutes. Now with this new "reboot," it just comes off lame as hell.

msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 4:41pm
Gotta go with anything covid. The plink plink dreadful piano music indicating doom. The mask clad doctors and nurses. The bare streets of new York city. Good Christ I've become a psychiatrists newest challenge. There is just a pall of sadness day in and day out. The days all run into one another. I miss my mourning family and friends. Thank goodness for this site where I can get a daily dose o f fun from you sick, crazy, funny people.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 4:48pm
LiMu, definitely among the top. GEICO and Progressive too - even though LiMu Emu managed to surpass 'em on the obnoxiousness scale!

Right up there with the above: Does the J.G. Wentworth Opera count? I hadn't seen 'em this year until about a week ago when, like the titular villains of Poltergeist 2... It's possible that I missed them earlier because I don't watch much TV, and I've only seen them on the "secondary" antenna channels (7.2, 3.4, etc).

Rx ads. I especially hate being talked to as if I were a cancer virus!

The perennially un-favorite Toyota Jan.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by msmadz msmadz wrote:

Gotta go with anything covid. The plink plink dreadful piano music indicating doom. The mask clad doctors and nurses. The bare streets of new York city. Good Christ I've become a psychiatrists newest challenge. There is just a pall of sadness day in and day out. The days all run into one another. I miss my mourning family and friends. Thank goodness for this site where I can get a daily dose o f fun from you sick, crazy, funny people.

I hear you on that. At least the tik tok "Look at us! Look at us!" videos of nurses and doctors dancing to some crappy rap song stopped a few months ago. If you were all SOOOOOOOO busy with overflowing hospitals of dying covid patients, they wouldnt have time to do that narcisstic bullsh*t Angry

Don't let the bare street images of NYC bother you. I was there this week for work and as always there are always people walking around no matter where you go. Maybe not as many as before, but it's not a zombie ghost town as shown on the commericals 
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Gsrecaps Gsrecaps wrote:

Let's see what I can think of:
Liberty Mitual - Limu Emu and that annoying jingle.
Every Geico ad including a few they recycled.
That Pull ups ad. Seriously, that rap is quite annoying.

The Pull Ups ad has aired since 2018. When will they put it out to pasture?
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 6:14pm
^  They could fertilize the garden!
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by radioandnascarfan radioandnascarfan wrote:

Agreed! The car ads started this nonsense, everyone else jumped on it. 

Hitting all the key overused terms - "Now more than ever." "In this challenging, unprecedented times," "We're all in this together...." blah blah. 

Oh...and Skyrisi. That damn sh*t ad, absolute crap song STILL airs and goes on instant mute!

The new "Jake" State Farm ads annoy me. The original with the angry wife years ago yelling "what are you wearing?" was comical for a few minutes. Now with this new "reboot," it just comes off lame as hell.

All the depressing Covid-19 got stale a few weeks after they started airing.

We're coming up to a year of that Skyrisi ad with that annoying jingle making its debut on our airwaves. Will we still see it in 2021?

The Jake from State Farm ads are getting stale too. I remember when they did an ad with the Coneheads and it was Jake from Planet State Farm.

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:10am
How could I forget mobile phone ads?

I saw this one the first time today:

LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 6:52pm
Where Doug bemoans the 'one that got away'-the curly haired dude in the elevator--and, in his Farrah wig, howls his emu enabled DESPAIR like a wolverine..its instant channel change right there
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 3:45pm
CarShield has been around for a few years, but the ads really ramped up in 2020. 

New one featuring has been actor, 4th Ghostbuster, Ernie Hudson.Confused

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 4:40pm
The ESPN guy, Ice-T   Wacko
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

CarShield has been around for a few years, but the ads really ramped up in 2020. 

New one featuring has been actor, 4th Ghostbuster, Ernie Hudson.Confused

Who's next? Jon Lovitz?, Carrot Top?
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

The ESPN guy, Ice-T   Wacko

And Mike Ditka too.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:31pm
ya know whats funny? I see him in stuff all the time and , for the first time- i actually know Ernie Hudsons NAME --today.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 4:32pm
Future Car Shield spokesman/woman.
*Hell, nothing would shock me anymore .
LOL

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 5:35pm
That was so funny! I love how much work you put into editing commercials via photo or video!
Dejoh View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 6:49pm
Very creative.  They could make nice billboards.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Dejoh Dejoh wrote:

Very creative.  They could make nice billboards.

If CarShield needs billboards, these would be perfect!  
Extexdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Extexdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2020 at 2:03am
While the insurance group as a whole are the worst, the Liberty Mutual one where Dork hands his card out the window of a moving car is unbelievable.
!Tommy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote !Tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 6:23am
I'm onboard with that awful Skyrizi commercial. Anytime I hear that, I say, "Things are getting stupid, because I'm dumb!" By then I mute that sucker.

And I hate this big trend of companies showing how they are forcing their employees to wear those Kool-Aid guzzler placebo masks and also forcing them to look happy as if they have a gun off camera telling them to up the happy look or else.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:06pm
This brings to mind the Amazon ad where the 'happy' worker states the hand sanitizer bottles looked like Vodka & they were on the verge of guzzling them-actually a pretty good metaphor for working at Amazon
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2020 at 3:35pm
Ear Go is quickly becoming more and more f'ing annoying!

Can't this ditz wait until she and her boyfriend/husband are alone before whispering about "condoms."

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic