Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worst commercials so far of 2020.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainErnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 2:37am
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

i think i just switched my vote to this bit of misguided femme power fecal matter--it starts with C-rap 'yoyoyoyo' gangsta girl rap-shifts to utterly manly serena and her bulging pits and FEATURES a close up of her PIT JUICE on her tennis garment---YIKES

I can't even begin to describe the cringing disgust this commercial brings out in me.
Anyone who has read my posts in the past knows that I am a stickler for pronunciation and grammar (most of the time). The way that c-rapper says SVET makes me want to throw my TV out the window! Learn to speak English or get your lips deflated, whatever is causing this affliction, get it fixed!!!

Also, the whole premise of this series of commercials implies that black women are the only ones who sweat. Until they started using Serena, I was very tempted to post about this one wondering if the good folks at Secret determined that sweaty Jamaican or African women were a lucrative market to target. I never made the post for fear it would be considered racist.

Advertising has become extreme like other things going on like BLM. Don't get me wrong. I believe that Black lives matter, but I believe that ALL lives matter. While there is indeed a problem out there, this is becoming like political correctness. It's a good thing in moderation.

Secret and Honey Nut Cheerios come to mind as examples of how the race issue has gone over the "extreme" line in advertising. Don't even get me started on the entitled "girlfriends" in the commercials for Infiniti.

Okay, steam released I feel a little better now.
Children are just God's little way of punishing us for having sex
Sponsored Links

ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 3:09am
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I kind of enjoyed this parody version...

LOL

Hysterical!  LOL

He comes off a nice loving guy, but I do think he has some deep dark rage issues.

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Dr. Dan Dr. Dan wrote:

i think i just switched my vote to this bit of misguided femme power fecal matter--it starts with C-rap 'yoyoyoyo' gangsta girl rap-shifts to utterly manly serena and her bulging pits and FEATURES a close up of her PIT JUICE on her tennis garment---YIKES

So much for "a picture is worth a thousand words." The juxtaposition of pit and juice are enough to keep me from tapping that damn play button.

ha YOU'RE WELCOME
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 5:21am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I kind of enjoyed this parody version...

LOL

Parody 2 (Don't ask, I'm bored)

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 3:24pm
Hug
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

It's been a while...

Before the pandemic
Limu Emu and the pathetic jingle that needs to go now.
TurboTax bringing back the 'free free free' s--t including the 'Pyramid' parody. Good god almighty what an annoying commercial!

During/after (?) pandemic
ALL COVID-19 ads. All of them. Every single one. Did you know my TV has still been (mostly) off all these months later?
Show some doctors in surgical gear, some essential workers wearing masks, some masked grocery customers, a family at home, their child (or children) waving and smiling at a teacher on a computer screen, add some somber piano music, some dialogue about 'these challenging times', 'so-and-so hashtag STRONG', 'we look forward to seeing you soon', 'we can do this' and BOOM. Covid 'we're in this together' ad. 
Insert logo of ANY product or business of your choice.

The TurboTax commercials are on my list too.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 5:02pm

Secret needs a new jingle, and I hope it's not more rap crap.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 10:22pm
When either Emu or Doug start rapping or emit schvitz or pee or poo themselves, they
will take first prize for 2020--til then...

the lingering close up of Serenas B.O. shirt wins HANDS DOWN

the latina rapping is the aural equivalent of sweaty pits
Gsrecaps View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gsrecaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:00pm
Opdivo will now be on this list. Why did that have to come back?
Tully Blanchard View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tully Blanchard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 12:48am
The facebook all together now with the gay dancers
SportsTVGuy View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportsTVGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:40am
Geico Taxidermy.... Skyrizi... all political ads
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 10:26pm
yo yo yoyo YO---Secret still the winnah--also any ad that thinks Serena is a great spokesfigure
Vax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:04am
Whispering about ANYTHING on tv, movies, etc. is annoying but condoms is a word that even 12 year olds are not embarrassed to use. They are very nerdy prudes.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2020 at 10:54pm
i think my new nominee is Progressive Flos 'Upper Hands' uber crap 'game show' ad where every actor they hired seems like a perverted child molester
'special guest star FLO' my A$$
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:08am

This brings to mind the Amazon ad where the 'happy' worker states the hand sanitizer bottles looked like Vodka & they were on the verge of guzzling them-actually a pretty good metaphor for working at Amazon

Isn't that also the little freak that enamored with the box that has "mommy's wok" like I care about the lady is an Asian culinary genius.

Oh? What's that?? The kid was saying what? "Mommys Work"

Yeah, that explains it then.

MUTE
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 2:48pm
her crying makes that ad..EVEN DUMBER
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 4:57am
ALL ARE A CROC!!
raynjuls View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raynjuls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2020 at 3:00am
Perhaps this has already been mentioned, but the hipster doofus telling his popeye's chicken sandwich "oh baby, you put a spell on me" makes me want to kill him or myself...
When a true genius enters the world, you will know him by this sign; all the dunces will be in confederacy against him....
NJtoTX View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJtoTX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 9:57pm
I would rather be subjected to any Geico or Progressive ad than see another nasty political ad for against anyone. The massive numbers of these that keep coming in waves just raises our collective angst, suspicion, anger, and blood pressure, and give a jaundiced picture of humanity. 
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 2:25am
3  MORE  DAYS
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 2:19pm
In all reality the worst ads throughout this horrible year were the bloody political ads. Btw, thank God Trump lost.
One man gathers what another man spills
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

In all reality the worst ads throughout this horrible year were the bloody political ads. Btw, thank God Trump lost.

Or all the pandemic-related ads.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:09pm
Hi im new to the group but not to the page 
I often read it and it is great to see so many other haters 
out there are like minded
SO AS FOR WORST OF 20/20...

SYRIZA

all the liberty liberty liberty ads 
every single    f#$#%ing    one of them  

Flo needs to die now

the Tom Selleck ads about reverse mortgages

and all the covid adds that say "unprecedented "

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:37pm
Any use of the phrase "these ______ times," the space usually occupied by "challenging," "uncertain," "difficult," yada yada.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 11:56pm
Viewers in the vicinity of Omaha and Lincoln, Neb., have the "pleasure" of seeing this melodrama from Lincoln's Berry Law Firm:

Nice way to waste clients' money, @$$ho!es.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic