Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The "new" State Farm guy - drop the pizza! (video)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "new" State Farm guy - drop the pizza! (video)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "new" State Farm guy - drop the pizza! (video)
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 2:26am

Here's that guy that seems to be in every other commercial now (and is of course the new Jake from State Farm). This link (near the end) shows him almost dropping the pizza that was delivered to him. It looks real, like it was almost an outtake. Just saw the commercial again tonight on TV, and they cut the video just before he nearly dropped the pizza. What, did it make some State Farm muckity-muck nervous to watch it??
Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:22pm
Jake is the new 'Black Jakes Matter' for State farm.

Soft spoken, maybe a little gay.

Thuumb View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thuumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:43pm
DAMN, this guy really is in a sh!tload of commercials! In addition to our beloved State Farm...

Panera Bread ("clean ingredients," of course): https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dlNn/panera-bread-mac-and-cheese-the-top

Henry's Hard Sparkling Water (whatever the hell that is): https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wPGX/henrys-hard-sparkling-water-float

Daytona 500 (if you blink, you might miss him): https://www.ispot.tv/ad/A304/daytona-500-super-bowl-2017-tv-promo

AND iSpot even left out my "favorite" (i.e., most hated) advertiser, Cox Communications! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTjfHwT4P50

Shocked

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 5:33pm

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 6:19pm
Such a stupid commercial.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 1:15pm
I just saw the Pizza ad, eh!

The original gave me a chuckle, then it ad went away for a while...bringing it back and failing in the process (I think it was around the Super Bowl[?], with this new guy) 

Now "Jake" is all over the place like "Safe Driver Save 40%!!!" Ugh  Lame!

tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 3:39pm
theres a shorter edit of the ad where the 'bobble' is noticeably absent-maybe adtards DO read our gripe
...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by tikibagger tikibagger wrote:

theres a shorter edit of the ad where the 'bobble' is noticeably absent-maybe adtards DO read our gripe

It would be nice if they did.
frnortner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnortner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 3:01pm
Yet another in the current plague of commercials, films and programs which were originally produced with all caucasian actors. So now we have to suffer through poorly edited pastiches so these things can be "socially correct".
They'll never get MY business.
tikibagger View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tikibagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:10pm
poorly edited pastiches=all of GEICOS current product

ideas? WHY?

...YUMMY Broccolini!!....
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by frnortner frnortner wrote:

Yet another in the current plague of commercials, films and programs which were originally produced with all caucasian actors. So now we have to suffer through poorly edited pastiches so these things can be "socially correct".
They'll never get MY business.
LOL
Well said and welcome to the forum!

My Gal Pal said she was not being allowed to post as a new member.  Ask Brenda about bitter!

Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Jake is the new 'Black Jakes Matter' for State farm.

Soft spoken, maybe a little gay.

I just saw this new one, Jake at the spa. I think he turned down sexual favors from this woman trying to thank him for saving $$$. 🤔 😆

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 7:12pm
God!  I'm running out of internet energy and a clear thought process.

Just what can you expect from ALL insurance commercials.. Nothing but bulls*it!

Banderboy View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banderboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 6:05pm
Jake is a nonthreatening black guy. Him and the baby faced guy with the coconut phone have found their niche.
Every day my mind grows keener- my good arm stronger--- my silly enemies more futile---
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:24pm
'Black Jakes Matter'

why couldnt they just have a new state farm guy ?

why do they have to reboot Jake as a black guy now 

It seems racist to me that they approached it this way 
we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 1:32am
Despise these stupid commercials
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 3:27pm
I wonder how much Jake gets paid. 2 more new ones, I can't find Daniel the Bee Keeper.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 4:30pm
I can't even watch.
...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 7:05pm
^shut the front door!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 3:59am
As if multi multi multi millionares like Arron Rogers and Patrick Mahomes are really concerned if they end up paying an extra 100 a year more than they need to on their insurance policys Ermm
unwanted1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unwanted1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:52am
YOU THE MAN, MAN.
HART View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HART Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 6:02pm
Jake seems to like the meats 

Maybe we could boil him down and render fat 

notice how the butcher baby is quite the butch 

much like his boyish pizza delivery girl 

much like his dandy bee keeper friend 

or the camping buddy carving his wooden cock

seems our Jake might be a little light in the boot with the company HE has been keeping 

nice athletic type as opposed to the fat ugly looser they used to have playing Jake

we never got to see that Jake in khakis getting any special favors  

somebody put a lot of thought into this campaign... no one would want to see the old jake 

getting a bunch of pizzas or steaks or sitting by the pool... I know I wouldn't... 

we are the music makers
we are the dreamers of the dream
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 7:52pm
My GOD this guy has a resume!

I always tune out of those insipid medication ads, no idea he was in the Otezla ad.

Maybe in 2021 he'll be casted in some crappy Hallmark, made for TV flick.

bjoh249 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bjoh249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 1:13am
Dear State Farm

Thank you for ruining the only one of your retarded ass commercials from over the years that I actually liked.
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 3:15am
Originally posted by ThatNerdInPhilly ThatNerdInPhilly wrote:

My GOD this guy has a resume!

I always tune out of those insipid medication ads, no idea he was in the Otezla ad.

Maybe in 2021 he'll be casted in some crappy Hallmark, made for TV flick.

I assume he's the one between 10 and seconds long.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic