Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Long Time Running

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Long Time Running
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 9:37am
Wow! This is an experience from the past, a hold over from a time just before Facebook eliminated the independent forum as the primary form of social media. I ran a couple myself. Looking at my profile it says that I joined in 2008, but it seems earlier, more like around 2006. But I could be wrong. For a couple of years I would occasionally check in and post. Time moved on, and I figured CIH joined the fate of communities I belonged to like "The New Forums," gobbled away by spambots, secret agents,  and other characters peculating from the dark web. However I see that the around 100 plus active users still busy. This has got to be one of the most dedicated communities out there!  
Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 1:15pm

You're right about the 2008 thing. That was the year some people tried hijacking the forum. Long story. Anyway, Nathan had to restart the forum, and reinstate us. Notice that many people here show a start date of mid-April, 2008. I've actually been here since 2006.

Anyway, welcome back!

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 3:26pm
I've been here since 2005.

I think the forum might actually date beck to around the late 90's or early 20's at least.

Most of the old timers are gone.

MoochaMoocha, Cat Lady who called herself something else before that, Banquo, PaprikaQT, Hootman, Sanguinovorous,  Big Mama, 0000 later Musicman, and of course, PaWolf who just suddenly up and disappeared last year.

Plus a few more I can't remember right now. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 3:51pm

From the Google search page when I Google CIH:

Since 1996, the online community for advertising criticism, comment, love, and yes, hate.

You can see the really early version of CIH in the Wayback Machine (if you wanna hassle with that stuff).

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:00pm
Was Cat Lady aka MrsHill?

I remember LOL1955. NiteRaidah still logs in, but doesn't post. He was a kid back then. Must be near 30 now.

There's still TripleJ, right?
IrishMama?
Britastar?

Many more women than there are now.

I forget what aka's original name was.

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:14pm
3 J still stops by.  I was lkl2005.
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

3 J still stops by.  I was lkl2005.

Yeah, but didn't he have a different name at one time, too? I dunno. I might be mixing people up.

Ahh yes. Lkl2005. It was hard to figure out what to call you. Not as bad as Donathan, though. With him/her, though, we never knew who we were posting with.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

Was Cat Lady aka MrsHill?

I remember LOL1955. NiteRaidah still logs in, but doesn't post. He was a kid back then. Must be near 30 now.

There's still TripleJ, right?
IrishMama?
Britastar?

Many more women than there are now.

I forget what aka's original name was.

Yes, Cat Lady was Mrs Hill and before that. she was Hillman when I first joined.

And don't forget Papa Lazarou. I've often wondered what became of him.

And we had a Wild Starchild for awhile, too. 

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:38pm
l = Linda
k = me
l = Leah

And the year we got married...I guess we were married in 2004. My bad!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:49am
What a trip down memory lane! I like it.

I was an original (madawee) has it really been that long?
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:36pm
Yeah, the earlier date would make sense. The height of my forum years would be around 2003-2008, and I ran a project forum in 2005-06. COMs was one of my saved communities so I must have joined years before 08'. Not to exclude-offend anyone else, but I do remember Thor, Jimbo, and PaWolf (wasn't his tagline "hory ol' chestnut?") from those days. As for the latter, PW may have passed away. I've been in communities where an older member suddenly disappears and another member in contact with them in the real world lets us know what happened.  Then again, PaWolf may be reading this right now and decide to let us know that his demise has been highly exaggerated..
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:40pm
I think PaW died. Jimbo thinks he got locked up for something.  Who knows!
Vindicated View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vindicated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:45pm
One is better than the other I suppose. If he got locked up then I'd imagine he could eventually get back online at some point.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Vindicated Vindicated wrote:

Yeah, the earlier date would make sense. The height of my forum years would be around 2003-2008, and I ran a project forum in 2005-06. COMs was one of my saved communities so I must have joined years before 08'. Not to offend anyone else, but I do remember Thor, Jimbo, and PaWolf from those days. As for the latter, PW may have passed away. I've been in communities where an older member suddenly disappears and another member in contact with them in the real world lets us know what happened.  Then again, PaWolf may be reading this right now and decide to let us know that his demise has been highly exaggerated..

I don't think he's passed away.

I've done Google searches using his real name and according to all of the sites that look for people, he still lives at the same NY address he did back when he first started posting here. According to a few of those sites, he lives with his son which, coupled with the fact that he suddenly quit posting, makes me worry that he might be physically incapacitated. 

C'mon, man!
radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:27pm
I also wonder happened to Ad Nauseous, who also used to be a regular poster here.
verminstew View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminstew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I don't think he's passed away.

I've done Google searches using his real name and according to all of the sites that look for people, he still lives at the same NY address he did back when he first started posting here. According to a few of those sites, he lives with his son which, coupled with the fact that he suddenly quit posting, makes me worry that he might be physically incapacitated. 

I'll go with incapacitated.  He was talking quite a bit about suffering from mini-stokes or TIA's as he referred to them, and I often wonder if the big one finally got him.  I sure do miss his postsCry
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:57pm
^ One of our female members that's still here. Caroln, Msmadz.

We always need the female view!
DARK FATHER View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DARK FATHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:03am
I am gone for a while and Pa Wolf goes MIA!  I sure hope he is ok.  Maybe someone who knows him can contact MissytDWolf, his wife.
Back from the dead...
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 3:34am
Originally posted by DARK FATHER DARK FATHER wrote:

I am gone for a while and Pa Wolf goes MIA!  I sure hope he is ok.  Maybe someone who knows him can contact MissytDWolf, his wife.

Unfortunately,and I didn't know it at the time, but Missydwolf passed away a while ago. I was heartbroken when I figured it out. I PMd PaW and he confirmed it. Terrible news.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic