Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delsym and other stupid cough commercials

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ad nauseous View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ad nauseous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delsym and other stupid cough commercials
    Posted: 17 Nov 2008 at 3:39am
Originally posted by N-Dizzle N-Dizzle wrote:

I've seen that one.   Makes me think of the South park episode with Cartman as 'Jennifer Lopez'.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL that one was hilarious, thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything.
One good thing about TV-you could always turn it off
Sponsored Links

hsolo1 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hsolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 3:03pm
Neil said, "Remember the giant noses? Or the stuffy heads that swell up like party balloons?"  Well AFRIN has a variant on that campaign, now it shows a person with a stuffed teddy bear head until they inhale the AFRIN and their returns to normal.
HollyRock View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Illustrious Video Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollyRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Neil R Neil R wrote:

And I won't even get into...or the parents that won't get their kid the good tasting grape codeine-laced syrup....

Where can I get some of that?
Let's try not to be boring, mkay?
N-Dizzle View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N-Dizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 7:59am
I've seen that one.   Makes me think of the South park episode with Cartman as 'Jennifer Lopez'.

TWCFan View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWCFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 5:28am
Elevators suck!
Closing logos! Now that's something I can watch on TV.
Neil R View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2008 at 4:38am
Is there now an FCC regulation that cough and cold medicine commercials have to be as annoying as the ailment they are intended to remedy?
There's plenty of them and they go way back too, remember the giant noses? Or the stuffy heads that swell up like party balloons?
And I won't even get into the little cartoon mucus people, or the parents that won't get their kid the good tasting grape codeine-laced syrup because they apparently want him to suffer the horror of Vicks 44 Liquid (and by wasting all that time at the counter, infect the pharmacist at the same time)

The latest and dumbest that I've seen involves a cougher and a face painted on the cougher's fist ala Senor Wences.

Oh look, here it is:

Are the people trapped in the elevator with him more concerned about the strain of pneumonic plague he seems to have or that he's talking in that funny voice when his little friend is "speaking"?

If you plow through it to the end, after his life is made all better by taking Delsym, he gets a smile from that pretty girl from down in Accounting, and gets off the elevator to chase her.

Yeah, ok, wait until she goes out with him and gets entertained by his "right hand man".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic