Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Commercials You Hate! :: Television / Streaming Ads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why in hell is everyone dancing?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote thetimelesschild70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why in hell is everyone dancing?!?!?
    Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:53pm
There are too many commercials of this type to list, but for God's sake, will ad writers please stop "writing" commercials in which everyone is dancing for no good reason whatsoever? Going to Target?Let's start a colorfully dressed, ethnically diverse flash mob! Feeling fresh today? Let's break it down, old school!  Those potato chips really good? Time for someone to get served! You or someone you love injured in an accident? I can get you a structured settlement, so let's get jiggy wit' it!

Honest to God, even as someone who enjoys musicals, I can't figure out why in the blue hell so many people in commercials are dancing! Stop dancing! Turn that idiotic music off, get your limbs & the inexplicable mob of equally plastic people behind you under control, tell me why I should buy your product, and then go away! What the hell is it about those school supplies or that deodorant or that Crohn's Disease medicine that makes you feel like you have to trip the light fantastic across my TV screen?

Sponsored Links

Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:29pm
I enjoy your posts. Welcome, and keep up the good work.
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

I enjoy your posts. Welcome, and keep up the good work.

You forgot, "and keep dancing..."
That's all I have to say about that.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by thetimelesschild70 thetimelesschild70 wrote:

There are too many commercials of this type to list, but for God's sake, will ad writers please stop "writing" commercials in which everyone is dancing for no good reason whatsoever? Going to Target!?Let's start a colorfully dressed, ethnically diverse flash mob! Feeling fresh today? Let's break it down, old school!  Those potato chips really good? Time for someone to get served! You or someone you love injured in an accident? I can get you a structured settlement, so let's get jiggy wit' it!

Honest to God, even as someone who enjoys musicals, I can't figure out why in the blue hell so many people in commercials are dancing! Stop dancing! Turn that idiotic music off, get your limbs & the inexplicable mob of equally plastic people behind you under control, tell me why I should buy your product, and then go away! What the hell is it about those school supplies or that deodorant or that Crohn's Disease medicine that makes you feel like you have to trip the light fantastic across my TV screen?

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 11:22pm
I was trying to come up with a reply, but it would have been redundant. Sentiments almost identical to the OP inspired me to create my avatar/logo.
LiMu Emu: the NEXT red meat!
msmadz View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll
8+ years on CIH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msmadz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 1:15am
The only one I kinda like is the TD bank commercial where the guy takes a picture of his check and the musiic starts. He's home alone in his house and busts a move. Pretty funny because of the expression on his face.
The artist formerly known as Madawee

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 3:05am
I totally LOVE this Southwest Airlines dancing girl commercial....

....one of my all time favorites.

The dancing girl is sooooo funny. Thumbs Up

Not to mention cute as hell.... Evil Smile Heart

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
MrTim View Drop Down
Ad Exec
Ad Exec

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrTim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 6:06am
Deep down, the ad writers really just want to go full Bollywood... 
thetimelesschild70 View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thetimelesschild70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

I totally LOVE this Southwest Airlines dancing girl commercial....

....one of my all time favorites.

The dancing girl is sooooo funny. Thumbs Up

Not to mention cute as hell.... Evil Smile Heart

There's context behind her dancing here, so it's not bad. And you're right - she is really cute.

My gripe is with commercials where the dancing makes no sense, but everyone feels the need to do it. I've eaten a lot of potato chips in my day, but I've never felt compelled after tasting one to start a hip-hop dance party. Whenever I see people do this kind of thing in an ad, it makes me wonder if they have some sort of neurological condition.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by thetimelesschild70 thetimelesschild70 wrote:

There's context behind her dancing here, so it's not bad. And you're right - she is really cute.

My gripe is with commercials where the dancing makes no sense, but everyone feels the need to do it. I've eaten a lot of potato chips in my day, but I've never felt compelled after tasting one to start a hip-hop dance party. Whenever I see people do this kind of thing in an ad, it makes me wonder if they have some sort of neurological condition.

I feel ya, bro. Wink LOL

But seriously... I don't mind the dancing if, like you said there's context, like say they're eating potato chips and dancing, but they're at a party where the chips are there for them to eat.

But when it involves someone in a field or a garden or on a beach alone eating potato chips (???) and they are suddenly inspired to break into dance because the product makes them feel so euphoric they can't resist, that is just plain old annoying and desperate on the advertiser's part.

C'mon, man!
Brendalou View Drop Down
Commercial Hater
Commercial Hater

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brendalou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 10:38pm

[/QUOTE]

My gripe is with commercials where the dancing makes no sense, but everyone feels the need to do it. I've eaten a lot of potato chips in my day, but I've never felt compelled after tasting one to start a hip-hop dance party. Whenever I see people do this kind of thing in an ad, it makes me wonder if they have some sort of neurological condition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Like that stupid Hormel Chili commercial that's been circulating. Ugh!
That's all I have to say about that.
crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 12:48am
Dancing. Don't even get me started with those TikTok nurses and doctors dancing in the middle of the pandemic.
Was that for virtue signaling or was that because you hardly had any COVID patients in the hospital?
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 2:21am
Originally posted by crainbebo crainbebo wrote:

Dancing. Don't even get me started with those TikTok nurses and doctors dancing in the middle of the pandemic.
Was that for virtue signaling or was that because you hardly had any COVID patients in the hospital?

probably both Angry
Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 1:40pm
The facebook rooms "all together now" commercial with excessively fruity dancing is the worst.
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Stelth Stelth wrote:

The facebook rooms "all together now" commercial with excessively fruity dancing is the worst.

I don't like the dumb dancing but I do like that someone did a nice cover of a more obscure lesser known Beatle's song and one of my favorite "deep tracks" of their catalog Smile
Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 11:50pm
I never cared for the Beatles' music so that aspect is a negative to me as well.
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 3:30pm
Subway has a new one.
Obviously a "stay at home" produced pile of crap. And more unneeded dancing.

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:24pm
I see they brought back Eat Fresh as their slogan too.
Stelth View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stelth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 8:28pm
Maybe they'll have chomo Jared do a Zoom commercial from the graybar hotel and he can tell us "We're all in this together, eat fresh".
Triple J View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triple J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:16pm
I'll just stick this ad in here, because I don't feel it deserves its own thread. ESPN's playing this CONSTANTLY as of late. Two random NASCAR drivers, one of them dancing like an idiot. The end. 

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Brendalou Brendalou wrote:

Yeah! Like that stupid Hormel Chili commercial that's been circulating. Ugh!

Just jumped on here after a local station hit me with a one-two punch with that one:

radioandnascarfan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radioandnascarfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Triple J Triple J wrote:

I'll just stick this ad in here, because I don't feel it deserves its own thread. ESPN's playing this CONSTANTLY as of late. Two random NASCAR drivers, one of them dancing like an idiot. The end. 

The other driver is Clint Bowyer and he's known for his upbeat personality. I just saw it on FS1 about a minute ago, just as I was typing.
jnoble View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnoble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 4:16pm
It's a lazy trope advertisers use because they have no other clever ideas
ThatNerdInPhilly View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatNerdInPhilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:13am
"I like big bucks and I cannot lie...." 
Pep Coin??  ConfusedConfused

Dr. Dan View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 11:37pm
One more for the "You Should Be Dancing - Not" Hall of Shame:

Vascepa calls this one "We Got The Beat." Oh, please. Just beat off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic