Please help the CIH Forums by disabling AdBlock Plus on this page.
Forum Home Forum Home :: Miscellaneous :: Off-Topic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Coronavirus/COVID-19

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:54pm
Carol, I've talked about artificial sweeteners often on this site. Until I hear some actual proof of diet soda causing harm, I'm all for them. So far, all I've ever been able to find is that when rats consume 20,000 times the amount of a certain artificial sweetener that a human does in one day, they develop enlarged hypothalamusses (sp?). Or something like that. It's like the GMO scares. Monsters under the bed.

At least we know via scientific evidence that the real thing (sugar) causes tooth decay and diabetes.

Sponsored Links

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by caroln242 caroln242 wrote:

Hello again, AKA.  No, I'm not stalking you!  Just saw your list of new restrictions for Wisconsin and thought I'd mention my sister lives in Lake Geneva (not sure where you are) and is a "social butterfly".  These new rules are driving her nuts... worse than me, if that's possible. 
By the way, here's some pics of a German Shepherd I had several years ago.  I know you're a Shepherd fan.  Thought you might like to see what he did one day.  We didn't teach him that.  He just did it.
Winnebago county.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:03pm
I've seen those cute little 7 ounce cans of 7-UP in the stores.  I think Budweiser used to sell them by the 8 pack as well.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 3:29pm
I wouldn't buy the little cans because on a cost per oz basis, they are a terrible deal. 

You're paying for the packaging. 

Plus, I only buy the store brands and they only come in 2 liter bottles and 12 oz cans. 

If the store brands would do the 16 oz plastic bottles in six-packs like the major brands do, I'd probably start getting those.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender
Jackson Browne - The Pretender

C'mon, man!
Joe Biden - 46th President of the United States
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 8:11pm
Aka, well, OshKosh B'gosh!  Lake Winnebago looks like a beautiful lake.  Big, too.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:52pm
B'gosh!  Funny you should mention that!  The wife worked at B'gosh before getting her nursing license.

Lake Winnebago?   We rarely go over that way.  It is big, 10 miles across and 30 miles long.

Win·ne·ba·go
/ˌwinəˈbāɡō/
Origin
Algonquian, literally ‘person of the dirty water’, referring to the muddy Fox River.

We live on a channel that leads to the lower Fox River. These up river lakes and rivers are much calmer, cleaner and just closer to home.  All of this water helped to attract me to this area...and there is the little woman too! Embarrassed

And, don't even get me started with pictures of Leah! Wink

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:12pm

Wisconsin grocers take varied steps to keep customers and employees healthy, safe amid coronavirus concerns

GREEN BAY - Wisconsin residents have been urged to stay home to prevent the spread of coronavirus, but there's at least one place where mass gatherings are unavoidable.

Are you taking a risk by going to the grocery store?

At one store, plexiglass dividers have been installed in checkout lanes to separate customers from baggers and cashiers, and customers wait in a separate line to be directed to checkout. At another, stickers on the floor keep customers six feet apart.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 5:46pm

At WMN yesterday, for the first time, I wore a mask and safety glasses.

The mask was a light blue shop dust mask from Harbor Freight, but I also have a couple of old N95 masks left over from several years ago (2008 - 2012) when I was working as a hospital lab courier.

One of the N95's had no elastic head straps on it. I guess it was made to fit in something else. So I cut it into two pieces and put one half inside the dust mask, partially folded.

It was kind of uncomfortable until I adjusted it a bit. I pulled the inside (N95) piece up a bit so it stuck out of the top and shielded my nostrils, while I pulled the outer dust mask down so it just covered my mouth.

Made breathing much easier.

...the ads take aim and lay their claim to the heart and the soul of the spender

C'mon, man!
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:06pm
They say that those masks won't prevent you from getting the virus, just in spreading it to others if you already have the disease. But who knows. I don't think even the CDC knows for sure.

Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2020 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Thor Thor wrote:

They say that those masks won't prevent you from getting the virus, just in spreading it to others if you already have the disease. But who knows. I don't think even the CDC knows for sure.

I had part of an N95 inside the dust mask.

Sprayed it with disinfectant prior to putting it on, too.

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 5:00pm
Look at the bright side...

Let's buy a new car and go for a road trip!

10 bucks gave me half a tank of gas.
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 10:56pm
Just be careful what you carry with you....

Wink

C'mon, man!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 4:38pm
LOLLOL

But, occifer!  I'm on my way to Crap-fest!

crainbebo View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crainbebo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 1:01am
Gas prices in Cle Elum WA are down to $1.55/gallon. Ellensburg is 50-75c higher. Right before Inslee's Stay Home order went into effect, I went to a gas station in Cle Elum and put 7+ gallons in for less than $13.00. That hasn't been done here since Bush 43 was president. Too bad we are deep into a pandemic with nothing open!
Plexiglass barriers have been installed at checkouts in at least two grocery stores in Ellensburg. There's tape on the floors to remind people of the 6ft rule, and ALL returns are now denied. Reusable bags are now BANNED from one store due to germs, with 5 cent paper/plastic bag fees being discontinued. There are limits on a lot of items due to demand, and yet half of the stores are still out of items.
Many restaurants have closed shop even with the takeout/carryout only rule. Some went on for about a week and then closed for an indefinite period. A few restaurants are still open for delivery/takeout which is awesome.

Hiking trails are closed on WDFW/State Park/DNR land. BLM hikes are still open for now, along with Ellensburg city parks (playgrounds are closed).

Any non-essential stores are closed due to Inslee's order to shut down. This includes thrift stores.

WA has done a good job trying to flatten the curve, the charts look very promising. Maybe we can get out of this earlier than most states. But I don't see regular life returning for another 2-3 months at least.
Back after a long absence...still hating those commercials. Go away Limu Emu and Doug!
Jimmy View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:46am
I have been diagnosed with having Covid 19. I was tested after having several symptoms (high fever-chest congestion-dry cough-tremendous body aches-dizziness). 
I am very lucky that I haven't been hospitalized. I have been in isolation for the past week, and I haven't been very happy about it, but I'm glad to have a mild case of this disease.

All I can say for everyone who is trying to avoid that disease is to please stay home. Avoid crowds completely. Stay with your loved ones.
Take care all....cheers!
One man gathers what another man spills
Thor View Drop Down
Revolutionary
Revolutionary

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:50am
Good luck, Jimmy!

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 11:13am
Get well soon, Jimmy.

I woke up with some pretty serious pain in my lower back.  I hope I don't have it too!

It's probably not the best time to try to see a doctor.  I'll give it a few days to heal.
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:12pm
All your friends here at CIH are here for you and wish you well.  Remember, "this too shall pass"!
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:24pm
^ Oh!   I like the kitty cat!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by aka ron aka ron wrote:

Thanks!  Hope it being animated doesn't drive anyone nuts.  Some people can't stand it when things are animated.
aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 2:55pm
I was going to post the famous Johnny Carson clip. I should probably just behave myself! Wink
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Jimmy Jimmy wrote:

I have been diagnosed with having Covid 19. I was tested after having several symptoms (high fever-chest congestion-dry cough-tremendous body aches-dizziness). 
I am very lucky that I haven't been hospitalized. I have been in isolation for the past week, and I haven't been very happy about it, but I'm glad to have a mild case of this disease.

All I can say for everyone who is trying to avoid that disease is to please stay home. Avoid crowds completely. Stay with your loved ones.
Take care all....cheers!

Take care of yourself and get well soon, Jimmy!!!!

C'mon, man!
Jimbo View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:26pm

Thanks!  Hope it being animated doesn't drive anyone nuts.  Some people can't stand it when things are animated.

Gol-durned animation!!!!

C'mon, man!
caroln242 View Drop Down
Junior Executive
Junior Executive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caroln242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Jimbo Jimbo wrote:

Gol-durned animation!!!!

Is this another one for "team animation"??  Clap

aka ron View Drop Down
Honor Roll
Honor Roll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:03pm
For anyone keeping score at home!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic